Reviews for Through Emerald Eyes
sarcastic rabbit chapter 9 . 2/11/2008
I know you wrote this story two years ago, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading it. First person is tricky to make appealing and Delia is tricky to write well- you've done both things excellently. I loved your characterizations of Delia, Roger, Jon, Gary, Cythera and Alan. Delia especially is wonderful- recognizable as the girl in the books, but more understandable and sympathetic in her motivations. The one thing that didn't strike me as quite right was that Delia never argued with Roger when he gave her such a lame reason for continuing to see Jon- but maybe that was the spell with the wax doll taking effect.

It was amusing to see Delia's take on Alanna's mystifying behaviour, while feeling a little bad for Alanna and knowing how hurt and jealous she was. I was intrigued by your Eldorne backstory, and making Delia a poor daughter and an outsider explains a lot of her behaviour very well. I wasn't sure about her alcoholic tendencies, but I guess it would help her deal with the pressure of court life at a young age with no one to guide her, and apparently it's a family failing(!). Last but not least, I loved your Roger to bits. He's my favourite TP character, and you wrote him seductive and dangerous, and just a little repellent. Awesome!

I'm really sorry you didn't end up finishing the story.
Abiona Marchand chapter 9 . 9/22/2006
AH that was swet!

I am in love with this story. Hurry up and update! I don't want to rush you, but still!
Abiona Marchand chapter 8 . 9/22/2006
This is so good! I am loving it so far. It's an awesome book and it is one of my favorites! Great job so far!
Salma-sol chapter 9 . 8/14/2006
E! This is (still) AWSOME! I love Delia's character, but I don't see the whole running though the halls in a slip and being stupid enough to say about the dolls in the halls, but whatever. can't wait for more!
Queen's Own chapter 9 . 7/31/2006
o...do continue.
Madame-S-Butterfly chapter 9 . 7/22/2006
Silly Silly Delia. When the doll is hurt so is she. I like how called it the second section of the story where everything goes downhill!

Update soon,

-MSB
Madame-S-Butterfly chapter 8 . 7/21/2006
So Roger uses her, making her think she's doing the right thing. The whole plot line is great, and I loveed the story of delia's parents and the maid!

Update soon,

-MSB
AikiaRiyen chapter 8 . 7/21/2006
I love that book :)

You do Delia well - I'm enjoying this muchly.
music nerd chapter 8 . 7/20/2006
still good. the side plot involving her mother is quite interesting.
Queen's Own chapter 8 . 7/20/2006
again, i'm finding myself somewhat lost in delia's mind. 'get away from me roger' to a make-out sessions on 3 seconds.

still loving the writing though! AGATB's an awesome book- good place to get ideas from.

good luck and update soon! -becca
lilhazelnutta chapter 7 . 7/20/2006
This is a really interesting story. It's great how you captured Delia's personality. Update soon, please. :)
Drop Your Oboe chapter 7 . 7/17/2006
Have you read A Great and Terrible Beauty? It's an excellent book. It also sounds a lot like your story.

Oh, and Cythera only has one r.

Please update?
Abiona Marchand chapter 7 . 7/17/2006
Werid. I wonder why she's a traitor? That is so strange.
Abiona Marchand chapter 6 . 7/17/2006
I am in love with this story. It's my new favorite. I LOVE IT. Keep it up.
Abiona Marchand chapter 5 . 7/17/2006
Wow, I am really enjoying this story, and I'm glad you started writing again! I was scared that you had stopped for a long time. Well, you're doing a terrific job.