Reviews for Duty or Love
jasminesmommy chapter 11 . 5/23/2012
i loved this story it was a great one but i thought they should have been able to be together in the end.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 6 . 11/3/2008
So it's been a long while, but I'm back to review the rest of this :) This was a good chapter, and the moments wth the kids were sweet. The casual comfort of John and Teyla's relationship was really nice here.
Asugar chapter 11 . 8/25/2008
This end is crushing. Please say there's a sequel. Please?
Asugar chapter 10 . 8/25/2008
What a cliffhanger. I have a sickening feeling I know who chose what.
Asugar chapter 9 . 8/25/2008
The mental torture here is brutal.
Asugar chapter 8 . 8/25/2008
My favorite chapter so far.
Asugar chapter 7 . 8/25/2008
I love the dream quests and Sheppard's instinctive recognition that he had to join her. of course he'd be the only one to understand what she is going to. Their connection is so intense. Just when I think things can't get any more dramatic, you ratchet up the tension again. Great job.
Asugar chapter 6 . 8/25/2008
I love Teyla's fantasy world. It was lovely. The love, humor all were so Teyla and John. The birthday dinner was hilarious. That only John's touch eases her pain was incredible. Poor Carson. You really captured how fiercely he cares for his patients.
Asugar chapter 5 . 8/25/2008
I love John's POV here. You captured perfectly how cold and deadly he gets when he is really angry. Love how Lorne knows him well enough to be terrified but still gets his story told and that Kate and the others guessed he left something out. John and Teyla's reactions to each other as she comes through the gate are devastating. Your writing is very powerful.
Asugar chapter 4 . 8/25/2008
Oh Teyla! This just gets sadder and sadder for her. The fantasy of she and John happily married with a bunch of kids (sob)...too much. This was so moving. I love John keeping his vigil, he is always so loyal and never gives up and how the expedition members and Athosians keep watch with him. The bit with Cadman and Rodney is great, do I sense a love triangle coming on? One tiny thing: Lorne is Air Force, same as John. They're the only two Air Force officers on Atlantis except when the Daedalus or Odyssey is there. The Marines seem to be grunts only. The Air Force is keeping control of the SGC! LOL.
Asugar chapter 3 . 8/25/2008
Upping the tension by having Teyla choose Lorne is a great touch as is the countdown Sheppard keeps. Weir brings an interesting overall POV at how all of Atlantis is affected by what happens to Teyla and John. The Greek mythology is lovely. Of course the twin siblings thing makes it a tad creepy but otherwise those gods are a perfect fit for them. Another great chapter. One thing though, Sheppard is a helicopter pilot, not a fighter pilot, although he has apparently had to qualify on the 302 since he joined the SGC by what they have shown on the show. Poor Sheppard and Teyla, you portray his emotional pain and her physical pain very well here.
Asugar chapter 2 . 8/25/2008
The fighting is great. Very intense and seems an in-character reaction for her. Interesting that Lorne saw their relationship immediately. Why does John have to leave her to fight alone? That doesn't seem like him at all. This is unclear to me at this point but maybe explained later? I also like the bit about Caldwell admiring her as a soldier and leader. I agree that there is respect there.
Asugar chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
What a start! I love it. So much drama and pathos. It really draws the reader into what happened in the past and what will happen in three days. The opening with John and Teyla is quite heartbreaking. They both feel so tormented by their feelings and duties. Beautifully done.
Cpt. Ritter chapter 11 . 10/11/2007
I've been not keeping track here on for a long time, but I was looking through my list of unanswered alerts and saw this story and decided to finish it.

Fine work, its not happily ever after, but it is an ending, and a powerful one at that. Congratulations on finishing it.
jtjaforever chapter 11 . 6/26/2007
I would have preferred a *happier* ending, but in reality it would likely go this way...sigh.

Thanks for finishing the story.