Reviews for The Dead are Walking, the Dead are Talking
Tangerine-Alert chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Very fitting sequel to Time's Scythe.

Was the kissing where the 10th gets his tendency to lick everything from?

Seen against each other here they couldn't be more opposite, the serious, somber and guilty 9th vs the flippant, bouncy and a little odd 10ths.

The kissing...quite weird, had to read it twice, i thought I miss read the first time. Thought maybe the 9th was reliving Jack's departure or something.

It was very...odd, kinda funny...yet odd, and sort of fitting...
celerity chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
um. yes.

your writing style in general continues to stagger me.

i *love* the clear contrast in characterisation between Nine - serious, dry, all cracked up inside - and Ten - uppity, slightly vain, flippant. He seems dangerous to others, in a way that Nine was maybe only dangerous to himself. i get the feeling from the brief glimpses of Ten we've had so far that he's more self-absorbed and a lot less Rose-dependent than Nine, so it's interesting to see this played out in a fic where Nine communicates an anxiety that his successor possibly just can't comprehend or share.

As for the Doctor-on-Doctor slash... *gulp* um, unexpected, shall we say, but really quite surprisingly hot. although also totally messed up, of course, in various really entertaining ways. "Freud would bloody love this," he muttered. mwahahahahaha. Thanks for this little encounter. "He rather liked the idea of being particularly memorable." don't worry Nine. you are.
HoVis chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Yep, got kinda confused reviewing the last one (Times Scythe). I meant to say Nine! Obviously got Ten on the brain...

Love the line "the Doctor had never been a coward"... number Ten has realised that, whatever they said about his past self/ves, they were wrong...

Great, original, imaginitive fic. The opening line about "somewhere between a year and last week..." was just typical of the slightly mind-twisting time travel conundrum!

HoVis
JoeEngland chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I have to admit, usually slash turns me off right away, and how, and it almost turned me off from this fic, but you're so damn good at this that I managed to enjoy it regardless. I find you capture the Doctors perfectly, and I was delighted to find a continuation to Time's Scythe. I enjoyed that one as well, though depressing endings are another thing I dislike. You're just good enough to keep me on your side, even with story elements I find disagreeable. Well done.
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Brilliant. Both Doctors were perfectly in character - Nine was serious whereas Ten's a bit of a joker but the protective element in both came through, especially Nine.

Love your writing!