Reviews for Harry Potter and the Manipulator of Destiny
Jimm chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
I'm not sure where you're going yet with the 'founders returned' idea, but it's interesting. Reincarnation & the actual founders showing up have been done, so this is a nicely different idea.

I'm not quite sure yet that I'm buying the idea of Hermione the Slytherin, however. I suppose the idea of evil Slytherins is a little ingrained. :-)

Lovely story, I'm looking forward to reading more of it, thanks!
Schnuff chapter 11 . 2/24/2006
ahh another little problem (maybe?)

its about Fawkes, you see it was told to us that a phoenix is a real follower of the light, so a phoenix would never bond with someone evil...and Dumbledore could be next to any Death Eater.

i am looking forward if you wanne solve that problem (there are many stories about that, one even with Fawkes being an charmed owl...but thats rubbish as he was fire-killed in the CoS).

another question, you told us that this story is mh 37 chapter long...duh if the next chapters are not extremly long i can't see how Harry can kill Voldy and deal with Dumbledore...anyway keep going
Jimm chapter 12 . 2/24/2006
You've managed to inject a pretty fair number of cool new ideas into the independent!Harry manip!DD story line.

I was wondering, however, why H&H didn't try to check Hagrid's surface thoughts.

Thanks, keep it up!
PersonaJXT chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
Very interesting story. I wonder how Harry will "act" around Dumbledore now that Dumbledore has shown his true face? Keep up the good work and update soon!
lmill123 chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
I loved this chapter and I love the spy cameras. Good question Harry thought, is Dumbledore really a death eater? Why else would he keep Voldermolts real identy hidden from everyone including the ministery. I wonder how many of the witches and wizards are asking themselves that very question. Looking forward to your next update. Hope that it is soon.
Schnuff chapter 9 . 2/24/2006
i am asking a lot of questions ;-)

but anyway, Dumbledore is the secret keeper for the house, Remus is the owner of the house, Harry is Lord Black but thats it, how could Griphook come into the house without Dumbledore telling him the location? elfes are bound to the house or their master (like owls) so thats ok but other creatures?

ah enough about questions, Harry playing with Lego and action figures *BIG GRIN* something i've never read before (ohh and old me at the age of 43 still loves Lego...ok the more technical stuff but still).

keep going
MortyM chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
Very interesting chapter. I thought the founder house choices were interesting, if a little different than I expected.

Whenever I think of what Dumbledore has and hasn't done in the canon novels, I can't help but thinking that the headmaster is either incompetent or evil. This story really expresses that idea.

I look forward to the next update,

Morty M.
Lionheart chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
I don't know that I've ever felt so good during a Harry Potter story than reading that Quibbler article. It was excellent, and the revealing of those secrets long overdue. All the secrecy did was hamstring the public and aid the dark lord by granting him mystery (are therefore terror) and, of course, a ready pool of pureblood recruits.

I doubt recruitment for new death eaters is going to be anything like it was. Not only is Old Moldy a man, not a mystery any longer, not only is his Pureblood Crusade shown for a sham, but as the article said he's been defeated not just once, but four MORE times than the public had previously been informed of. Harry has stopped him over and over and over again.

Thugs and bullies want to join the winning side, and the dark lord hasn't gotten a strong showing of that lately. No purebloods, thugs or bullies rushing to his cause and what is the dark lord going to recruit from? His family? Ops, he hasn't got one. Maybe he should have avoided killing them so early. His friends? I can just see him with so many casual acquaintances that he rubs shoulders with in local pubs, and that like him for his cheery disposition. No, anyone who knew him casually is already working for or against him or is dead by now.

Voldemort has no vast fortune or inheritance. He stole what money he has or extorts it from his followers. So no on is going to join him for money, either.

Just where is he going to get new death eaters?

Maybe Dumbledore will have to help him out, getting followers. You know what? Maybe that's what he's BEEN DOING! No amount of casual indifference could have been shaping up Slytherin House to be what it is: a breeding ground of hate and bigotry just waiting for an outlet. I guess it's no fun (or no glory) to defeat a dark lord that hasn't had tons of followers terrorizing the world.
Schnuff chapter 8 . 2/24/2006
oh some thoughts about your last statement about Harry gains power at his birthday, sure some of the stories are fine, but than...whats so special about a simple date?

and are all wizzards around the world mature at 17?

at last some stories are more logical and tell us that gaining powers could be anytime from 14 - 21.

but back to this story, Harry is wearing 2 invisible rings, and as we all know Dumbledore somehow can see trough invisible charms, so if he can't see them is it because he can't see goblin magic?
BookAddict chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
Absolutely BRILLIANT. I give you a tremendous 'thanks' for making my Friday so fun and, well, FUN! You are an amazing writer; keep at it! And please do update; like Winky's excellent popcorn, your story is ADDICTING!
readerofHP chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
i love the slytherin hermione, and everyhing else in this chapter and the last. great job
Bluesnowman chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
Awsome chapter
Jimm chapter 9 . 2/24/2006
I loved the elves' birthday gifts to Harry! What a very cool idea. :-)
Schnuff chapter 6 . 2/24/2006
its nice for Harry shopping for some new clothes...but on the other side, Dumbledore guards him so the guards will see his new clothes and wonder who bought them...in other words thats a give away
Heather chapter 13 . 2/24/2006
Does Dumbles wear the dark mark on his left arm? If so why? Looking forward to more. thank you
5,289 | « Prev Page 1 .. 301 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 321 .. Last Next »