Reviews for The Knock Charm
Born-Of-Elven-Blood chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
That poem was beautiful. Unfortunately, the previous reviewer, Nefar, is pretty much spot on. This is actually more of a plot bunny than a fanfic, in that it has ENORMOUS potential for growth and it is really just a premis. A story has to have conflict, setting rising and falling actions and a climax. You should expand on this.

Also, saying things like 'some time later' and 'time passes' doesn't really fly. Where you have that written, you should use that space to create some rising action. You've put a lot of importance on this charm, so in doing so, you've taken the responsibility of giving it importance in the story - your audience will expect a lot from it since it features so prominently. Perhaps it causes some conflict with the characters, or else perhaps a conflict arises and it some how resolves the conflict.

This is a good start! Now get back in there and keep working on it and you have the potential for a great story!
Nefar chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Fic? This is not a fic. This is the writing equivalent of a miscellaneous doodle you draw on the edge of you English test.
Kitty Invictus chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Well. for one I'm not sure what book this is suposed to take place in.(I'm only just starting Stone of Farewell so I don't know if they return to the knock.)

This story isn't bad for a first attempt. It's not very long and it's a little bit lacking in plot or character developement. I like it though it gives me a few ideas for how you might consider continuing. (if it does take place in The Dragonbone Chair), you could always revisit a few events in the book and tell how the charm affects it or have Simon give it to Miriamele.

As for the poem. I found it sufficiantly vague and mysterious. congrats.
Scented Hairpin chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Very nice. There isn't enough TW fanfiction out there. I like that you managed to get the characters correct in such a short space. I also was impressed that the poem was actually a decent poem - lovely imagery.
fertig chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
I like, even though I've never heard of the book, much less read it. But great writing style and lead-up! Though you may want to not capitalize right after a line of dialogue. (Sorry, I've got Barrington-itis!)

THE SHADOW (only the Shadow knows!)
mommatong chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
very nice poem kiddo, I liked it from the start. Glad you finally had a place to post it!