Reviews for Bloodline: Soul Survivor
Cat 2 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
excellent story. the parts with Wolverine were very funny.
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Well nice tale. :D

I enjoyed how you included Peter Jr. of the Savage land, any how I was wonder. I had this idea of including Peter Jr. of the Savage land in my tale as well, more like a big step brother to Baby Moira.

I was also hoping on inlcuding Illyana into my story but it set in her post return form, that is rumored to be occuring in New X-men after the events of Messiah Complex.

I loved how fellow writer Kirayoshi included her in the sequel to your story. I was hoping on using that as an inspiration to my own story.

So I was hoping if you could help me out a little ? :(

Please continue up the good work and I hope to hear more from you soon. :D
sleepwalk chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
This was VERY well researched and plotted. I never knew about the time warp in the savage land. I remember seeing Peter Jr in "Bloodlines" and thinking, "Man, that is one gigantic freakin' eleven-year-old."

As always, I love the characterization of Kitty/Peter and their affection for each other. Black bread? Smoked Fish? Throw in some cream cheese and I'm there!
Xakko chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Bravo!

While it didn't follow the Bloodline mini, I like this version better. Too much had been left out in Marvel's version, and yours has a much happier ending. With, of course, the hint of upcoming disorder.
breaktherules chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Thank you for writing this story. There is not enough Kitty Fan fiction being written lately. You are a great writer and I can't wait for more. Keep up the great work!
anhayla1 chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
*drops luggage* Hope you don't mind, I'm moving into your AU. It's so much nicer than anything else out there. LOL!

Don't tell anybody, but this has become my all time favorite Kitty/Piotr story. I think I've read it about seven times this weekend. I mean ... like whoa! The relationship really makes sense here. It takes off at a logical point for them and I love that you don't gloss over their history. No conveniently swept under the rug past lovers here. You tackle 'em head on and use their experience with others to write a very hot love scene.

Also? You have amazing touch with the banter. That's something that I've missed from them for so long. (It's better than Whedon's is IMHO.) I think that I love your writing so much because of the way you write Piotr. So gentle and deft, you really explore his soul. Which is the finest of all his fine attributes.

You did with Bloodlines exactly what I would have wished for. I also hope you continue to write in this particular AU. I can imagine that she might accompany him on his journey. They need each other, and wouldn't be nice to have someone to lean on who loves you unconditionally? Maybe if she follows him around the world, he'll follow her back home.

p.s. Do you keep a wrting journal or somewhere were you keep all your work? Not that I'm a stalker or anything, lol! Just a fan. :)
Houkanno Yuuhou chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
I have not read Bloodlines (too poor), but damn, was that a beautiful story.

Something tells me that Bloodlines wasn't that great if this is an AU. :(
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Nice one, Madripoor. This is how the Bloodlines mini should have ended, and not just because it had Kitty in it! I liked how you brought up the Savage Land, and I especially enjoyed Peter and Kitty's post-coital chat about their early flirtations. The twist ending threw me a bit, but still made sense(how many people out there even remember poor Daniel?)

Kudos all around. Oh, and when do you plan to repost your other stories? I miss your timeline based on the 2004 X-Men "What If?" issue. You were in the middle of an alternate Secret Wars, and I'm interested to see how you switch things around there.
Mint Dragon chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Gah. Piotr's a grampa. Somehow that doesn't seem right. But he and Kitty are together - finally - and that does. So keep writing! I want to find out what happens.

-Mint
Amokitty chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Thank you for giving the fans such a fantastic epilogue, to what I consider to be a weak, ill-characterized limited series. David Hine could certainly learn a few pointers from you!

You’ve shown so many creative ideas. Wing’s parents suing both the school and Benetech, the Excalibur and Ka-Zar references, and having the ashes that Kitty released be a Sinister created clone of Peter (loved that!). Not to mention The Snowflake Foundation - what an original concept. These things add so much to the story.

“My heroine” Peter says to Kitty. Wow. *swoons*

Appreciate the bits of Russian imperialist history that you’ve woven into your story, and the mention of the Lake Baikal seals. The research shows. Excellent.

I’d also like to thank you for something else - writing a sensible, believable explanation for what I call the ‘Peter Jr.’ fiasco. In this story, you gave Colossus his dignity back, and made the whole convoluted storyline a little easier to swallow. You also made Peter a grandfather. Holy cow. It illustrates just how many differences exist between the Fall People’s lives and Peter’s. Why Peter could only be a one time sperm donor (with benefits...) and not an actual father to Nereel’s child. This story should be made canon in the X-world.

Capitalism. Breeds yuppies. LMAO.

The love scene was playful, sensual, and tender. The line about how Peter & Kitty keep overthinking, stepping back, and waiting, is so true! I only hope that Whedon resolves this tired plot dangler between them as sensitively as you have, and soon.

So there’s a Reason that Chicago cop Danny Wyzcenko looks like Peter. What an ending. A very satisfying conclusion to Hine’s story.

P.S. Secret Wars was another lackluster, craptacular mini-series that was getting a muchly needed Madripoor Rose re-write. Any chance of seeing more of this story with Peter’s POV, in the near future?
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
ohohoho!

I'm absolutely loving this so far! It's wonderfully wonderful. ha ha.

Sorry, I'm a wee bit hung over... so I'm not as articulate as I wish to be right now.

Um.. so I take it this is going to be a multi-parter?

I'm just wondering if you're chosing to forget about Mikhail, or if that's going to come back up in the story. For, if I remember correctly, Mikhail went into some... thing... where he would never die,but could never escape or something like that. hm.