Reviews for A Single Strand
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Excellent addition to an already excellent fic. This was a bonus as I read the original a couple of months back along with your other additional chapter, but missed this one somehow. Snape is such a lovely complex character that he cries out for Fanfics because he can be read so many ways.

Thank you.
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
A great "lost" chapter to one of my favourite Fanfics. I like the point of view you give Severus very much, as well as his musings about the subject...
uptowngirl48 chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
very insteresting!
pale lioness chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Squee! AMA from the POV of Severus Snape life doesn't get any better than this! Oh my dear when you start making up potions ingredient by ingredient that is a sure sign that you have too much time on your hands. Now go crank out a cha[ter of shadow on m heart already.
AlanaRose12 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
This is great so far! Being such a fan of 'A Merciless Affection,' I decided to come and read this. I was not disppointed! I love seeing the events from 'AMA' told from Snape's point of view. Your Snape seems very canon and fits in nicely with the Snape from 'AMA.' Great job with this; I loved it!
cecelle chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
"That assurance that when he was dead and gone, that wouldn't be the end of him."

I love the line in AMA where Severus tells Sarah that!

Nice addition to the story!
lucidity chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Poor Sev. I'm sure it will all turn out right in the end, though.

Nice job!
Verity Brown chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
You *so* rock, girl! :) I just can't get over feeling flattered that you wanted to write about my fic. And it's delightful to really get into my Snape's head-you kept him just as delightfully ambiguous as I imagine him being! But writing from his perspective is something I'm always hesitant to try for myself. I'm glad you wanted to give this a go. But then, I already knew you were good at writing from Snape's POV. :)
Mark Darcy chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Very good. I love the way the result showed up blue like it does on the home pregnancy test. I have always figured that the spells Sarah's mother layered on her was the cause of their mutual attraction and the fact that they couldn't deny consummating it. It seemed like she foresaw the future and tried to make sure that Sarah would be safe with a man who had enough integrity to do the right thing and who would treat Sarah far better than she was treated by Sarah's father. When I read back over what I just wrote it seemed to me that Sarah's mother was scheming and manipulating from beyond the grave.

His character seems ambiguous here, there were places where I wondered on which side his loyalties truly were. I think he was subconsciously trying to trap her. He wanted what most normal people have, a family; it gave him something to live for.