Reviews for A Right to be Honest
CaptainK8 chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
I love the way you are able to find parts of characters that have been established by the show and bring them together in such a touching story. We need many more of those. I loved it with all my being. Trust is hard to come by, of that "they" know...
everybetty chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Wow! You came out of the closet as a Nick-Sophia shipper! So proud of you, Ann! Have always thought that these two make an excellent couple and one of the few potential ships i could get behind... the only lingering animosity i have had for her was that she kinda took over screen time from Sam Vega and Cavaliere ...but i digress...

another excellent offering ... an nice opportunity for him to open up a bit, nothing resolved- not that it really could be- but it was enough for him to have someone to temporarily share his 'nice little self-dug hole'.
higherbeingfriendsfan chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Amazing, I loved the relationship between Sofia and Nick, and how shes the only one he has been completely honest with him.
Caderyn chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Wow that was amazing! I think your characterizations were spot on: Sofia as a tough but not an emotionally-closed-off woman (I remember her giving significant words of comfort to Greg), and Nick as a people-pleaser, burrying his grief so as to not burden people.

I love this story, so I hope you'd write another one (maybe a continuation?) with more romance perhaps? Nick/Sofia's my favorite CSI pair at the moment, but it's a shame that not many people write about them.

Also, this is gonna sound weird, but are you a Lord of the Rings fan? Cause I coulda sworn... that part about her sorrow increasing her loveliness is reminiscent of the Eowyn/Faramir romance in the books. It's one of my favorite romance stories so... kudos!
Kristen999 chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I'm glad Sophia didn't get all doe-eyed or tunr inot a puddle of goo, as she was being open with Nick. She's strong female and Nick is possibily the only persone she could be that 'real' towards, i think it would be harder with Brass given the outcome of what happened.

Nick didn't need to pretend around her, and in that one moment, he was honest and lfited a big weight off of him. Its not over for him, but being Nick-he doesn't want tot drag others down to his despair, its nice to know he can be open with someone, without feeling its a set of 'issues."
Adamsgirl chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
aw! that was so good! :D
nickstokesfan chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
This story was so beautiful, so realistic. Thanks! Great writing, too!
Krys33 chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Beautiful. I loved how you really explored the feelings behind Nick and Sofia. It's sort of nice to see that they're not always as 'fine' as they pretend to be.

This also reminded me of Brass after 'A Bullet Runs Through It'. It seemed so odd that he was just so... normal when they picked up at 'Dog Eat Dog'. But after reading this, I see that he may have been doing just what you said Nick was doing in this story: putting up a false front.

Amazing writing. I look forward to more from you!

-Krystal
Carolina chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Oh, wow, that was amazing! I never really believed it was over for Nick, just like that, and I hope the writers will continue to explore his emotions. You conveyed his inner struggles beautifully.

Second, I'm a sucker for Nick/Sofia, so imagine my joy when I found this fic! Few people ship them but no one writes fics about these two. It's a shame, because they're really great together.

So you, basically, are made of awesome.
sherryw chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
OK I only have two words to say: LOVEDIT! OK maybe more than two. I like the whole sofia and nick romance. Looking foward to the next story.

Take care,

Sheryl
Gaelic-Freak chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
This pairing interests me. Hope you write more.
thatTaylorgirl chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Sophia seems to be the female version of Ecklie...at least as far as the writers are concerned. Her appearance in the show is so sporadic...i wish they would either decide to makes these people regulars...or cut them...

this looks to be a promising piece...I liked this opportunity for Nick to open up a little. Sophia is a very unexpected choice for him to open up to...though perhaps a wise choice...simply because we get so little of her character...i can't say i'm a good judge as to whether or not her character would really open up like that...I know she did a little with Brass, though...

Nick/Sophia? i'm more prone to think it'd be more Grissom/Sophia...just the dynamics of the characters from the show...at least in season 5

anyway...

though I'm not usually prone to read "shipper" stories (I tend to like my CSI romance free...maybe a few subtle inuendos, but usually nothing more )...I'll keep an eye on this one...