Reviews for Different Colors
A omake
"Ranma get your furry tail in here I think I broke her"

"Mrow"

"Never mind mrow, you get in here or you get no tuna for a month"

"Hissssss...fine"
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
This story has some of problems.

The most immediate and pertinent is that Ranma's change and development. It's pretty front-loaded and doesn't involve much interaction with the canon cast.

Granted, some of this is the point. Since a central plot point is that Ranma leaves for a while and comes back changed enough that things have to change and the rest of the cast reacts to it. So while it's a bit too much, it's at least justifiable.

Now, other elements are not.

First, in particular, we have a piece of egregious fanon that's right there in the summary.

Yes, I'm talking about the mallet. One of the most annoying and pervasive bits of fanon in the Ranma fanfic community. I might as well clear it up now.

No. Akane does not have some magical mallet summoning power, despite the infamous opening scene in the first movie which is responsible for ton of fanon.

As Ranma 1/2 contains a lot slapstick comedy, people getting bonked on the head with a comically over-sized wooden mallet is, as such, a common sight gag. It is not something unique to Akane. Near every character in the story uses a mallet at one point or the other.

I mean, this doesn't give Nabiki magic mallet powers and yet there are quite a few times in the manga when *she* will whack Ranma on the head with one.

This story relies on that false fanon convention to build a major part of Akane's character arc. As Akane's arc is not actually built on anything in the canon manga, her character is distorted and is in many ways fairly unlike how Akane is at the end of the series despite this obstinately being a continuation.

A more minor bit of fanon is the idea that Ukyo was *forced* to live as a boy by her father to get revenge. There's no real indication of this in canon and personally I find it strips Ukyo of a lot of her agency, rather then proactively making the choices herself she's forced into it by her dad.

Next we have Ryoga, whoo boy. Let me just say it the idea of Ryoga just leaping out of nowhere shouting "Ranma, prepare to die!" is not only fanon, but completely false fanon. The *only* time Ryoga's jumped out to attack Ranma out of nowhere was his introductory chapter. Every other time he's fought Ranma he's set a challenge beforehand. Heck, once you get past the Bakusai Tenketsu arc Ryoga's rivalry to Ranma had mellowed out, and he isn't trying lethal combat at all. He simply wants to beat Ranma in a fight. Also, despite this being a continuation you seem to have Ryoga still in love with Akane and thinking she hates Ranma. This despite the fact that by the end of the series Ryoga has his own girlfriend, Akari, and knows Akane loves Ranma and has no problem with them getting married.

I'm sorry to say but a lot of the story needs to be scrapped and rewritten to actually be a good Ranma 1/2 fanfic because there's so many issues with characterization and fanon problems.
maryjane5000 chapter 18 . 5/20/2015
I love this fic I have read & reread it several times & I just realized two things

1) How is "He should have ducked when he saw her coming" a Triple Entendre wouldn't it be a Double entendre?
&
2) Why didn't you have Akane get a mischivious smile before dropping the Tofu disguise & then her turn into Ranma as it seems pointless for Ranma to become His male self?
Grizzmon chapter 24 . 1/10/2015
You really don't like Ryoga, don't you? Yet you reformed Kuno, who is worse than Ryoga.
Veedramon chapter 23 . 1/9/2015
I wonder how Genma cursed form looks like?
Veedramon chapter 22 . 1/9/2015
Akane and Ranma as Mario and Luigi? Hahaha...
Veedramon chapter 21 . 1/9/2015
Panda Girl I guess?
Veedramon chapter 20 . 1/9/2015
So Genma will end as a girl panda?
Veedramon chapter 19 . 1/9/2015
Meh, the master did worse things that trow Genma to the tigers, he will survive.
Veedramon chapter 18 . 1/9/2015
Poor Mouse -_-

With this many favors, Ranma will need to end saving the world or something. Rule number five, nothing is free.
Veedramon chapter 17 . 1/9/2015
Well, I wonder what happened to duck boy?
Veedramon chapter 16 . 1/9/2015
Well, can't say Genma doesn't deserve it.
Veedramon chapter 15 . 1/9/2015
So, Luna got a youma boyfriend?
Veedramon chapter 14 . 1/9/2015
Well, I thought the Neko Ken would be way more effective against Youma, I guess I am wrong.
Veedramon chapter 13 . 1/9/2015
Wait, are you gonna turn Ranma into a magical girl? and I want to see the Senshi thinking Tusubasa is a monster...