|Reviews for Tear You Apart|
| ihatemakingupusernames chapter 3 . 1/31
that was thoroughly fucked up... but I kind of liked it? I don't like the fact that Draco romanticizing rape. but I guess that's because it was in Draco's POV and he was infatuated with her and probably loved her in his own deranged way. NOT THAT IT MAKES RAPE OKAY OR EXCUSES IT! I want to make the distinction of a pro-rape story and a pro-rape character. Story would truly be romanticizing sexual abuse if Hermione started to develop feeling for him, which she didn't. that's why I liked it, because even if they both survived the war and Ron didn't, I don't think this Hermione would go to Draco. Through out the 3 chapters ever encounter between them it was all Draco, Hermione never reciprocated it emotionally or mentally.
| Nea Poulain chapter 3 . 9/29/2016
You noticed that this fic is a romantization of sexual abuse, right? RIGHT? You wrote if knowing that, right? ('Cause of the ending)
Because I think all the girls writing reviews didn't get the fucking memo.
| lullabydreams2345 chapter 3 . 8/4/2016
ugh... this was so good I can't decide if I hate it or love it just a little bit
| Cinnamon Silver Tiger chapter 3 . 6/20/2016
F*cking loved it! Absolutely brilliant! I only wished, as hard as I possibly could, that there was going to be more to it. I really needed more, does that make me a sick person? If it does I don't care cause it was fan-f*cking-tastic!
| my.sock.account chapter 3 . 4/25/2016
| myyinfatuation chapter 1 . 4/1/2016
I started reading this story by reading some of the reviews first and saw what you had posted up in response to someone else. I was initially really apprehensive, but your writing was wonderful and this is what I came to read so I did end up falling for your story. I wasn't going to favourite it and was just going to post a review but after a day with out being able to stop thinking about your story I pretty sure that qualifies as an instaFav status lol. Dark, but not tragic thankfully. Awesome story :)
| Holly Caulfield chapter 3 . 3/29/2016
Not gonna say I didn't like it, because in some way I did. I like fictional violence and I've been teached to like some other things that my rational side loathes.
It is true that this story romatinzices abuse, even though it's clear you are against it. You only have to look at the reviews. With this I don't blame you. I don't even blame the people who think that Draco is in love with Hermione (message for them: he is not. Full stop.) But if you reviewers read this and you really think that he is, you should really think about it. And about how fanfiction is full of stories that talk and reproduce abuse in a romantic way, and how we don't even recognize it 'cause it is what we've been teached to recognize as romantic and love and the behaviour of a men towards women.
This story is about obvious abuse. About obvious rape. And still, readers mistake it with love (a very sick love). And no. Your conception of love is highly polluted with all the bullshit media tells us. Please, think about it.
Ok. To finish with this: yeah, your Draco disgust me so much I would immediatly kill him if I saw him. Like really kill him and rub his guts on his face while he is still alive.
I don't understand why Hermione doesn't say anything. It just doesn't match with her. She is fair and against all kind of abuse on others, so why not on her? I think the real Hermione would report and fucking take his eyeballs out immediatly. No matter what were the warnings about Ron. Because a reported Draco is no more able to hurt Ron (as he would be scared, pissed, watched, punished, etc) and Hermione is smart and KNOWS this. She's the most brilliant witch of Hogwarts, for f*cks sake.
And Draco is just a brat. Dark brat, yeah, but a brat. Jesus.
I hated it when he called her "fucking beautiful". Like, ugh, I wanted to puke, it made me sick. Disgusting. Is so angsty and stupid and he doesn't have the right. I think I made clear I hate him. Only in this story, though.
| Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
I am a huge fan of dark themes like this fic, and this is one of the best ones I've ever read! I kiiiinda get your intention that Draco doesn't have that 'kind heart' inside him...(or maybe I misinterpreted) (although I came to believe that Draco in this fic may have that heart) BUT I really want a sequel! Plz plz plz? Or at least I kind of anticipated an ending where Draco regrets his doings and becoming sad while seeing Hermione live happily ever after... but the story's already completed so what can I say?:D haha Im not a registered user so I never leave reviews, even on my most favorite fics but this one... was an exception!
| Guest chapter 2 . 2/15/2016
This is seriously fucked up. You are such a good writer, it's a shame that you write as much about rape as you do.
| Glossybox2210 chapter 3 . 1/24/2016
sequel sequel sequel sequel
| finallyafangirl chapter 3 . 1/13/2016
Well, you did warn us! Should have also warned us about what an awesome job you did with Draco the Deatheater POV. Very well written and shows the dark lust driven Draco with his object of his obsession and desire.
| MDIlikewhoa chapter 3 . 11/23/2015
Make a second story to this!
| Guest chapter 3 . 10/22/2015
This is one of my favorite dramione fanfiction of all time (almost all of my favorites are from Kyra; bless that wonderful lady). I keep on reading this story and only one conclusion comes to mind: DRACO IS IN LOVE WITH HERMIONE. To prove my point :
- "It was a shame, really. A bloody shame. If she had been a pureblood, he would have WORSHIPPED her.."
- "Good. Now kiss me. KISS ME LIKE YOU MEAN IT; just as if I were that pathetic, impoverished, spotted boyfriend of yours.."
- "Sealing her lips to his with an intensity that caught him off-guard, that was nearly painful..and that he responded to immediately and FERVENTLY.."
- "He could have kissed her like that forever.."
- "Such an ordinary color those eyes were. Plain, common brown. And yet at the moment HE THOUGHT THEY WERE THE MOST CAPTIVATING EYES HE'D EVER SEEN.."
- "I NEED you because you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.."
- "Do you think I wanted this Granger?..TO BE HALF OUT OF MY MIND over a fucking mudblood.."
- "Merlin..if only Granger had been a pureblood..IF ONLY.."
- "WHY, WHY was he unable to resist, even at this critical moment, seeking out Granger just one more time?.."
- "He had thought of her, truth be told, nearly every single day.."
- "He pulled her back into his arms with a bizarre tenderness.."
- "He couldn't resist the urge to press a lingering kiss to her chapped, unresponsive mouth.."
- "It occured to him that it could be very valuable indeed to get a good, long look at some of the papers on the desk..BUT THERE WAS A MORE PRESSING MATTER ON HIS MIND AT THE MOMENT. THE MATTER OF HERMIONE.."
- "All of a sudden, he keenly regretted bringing her here, and wanted desperately to hold on to her..THE WAY SHE FIT IN HIS ARMS, THE WEIGHT OF HER THERE; IT WAS JUST SO RIGHT.."
- He also keeps on forcefully reassuring himself regarding his questionable actions towards Hermione:
"No he had taken what he'd wanted. He was through..THROUGH.."
"To fuck Hermione Granger had been damn good. To fuck Ron Weasley's wife..now that would be fan-bloody-tastic. That was why he had saved her. THAT WAS THE REASON. YEAH.
- He is obviously jealous of Ron. notice how he always says his name with so much loathing and how he keeps on implying that he doesn't deserve Hermione? The final straw was when he saw the wedding ring.
- Keep in mind guys that we are talking about Draco Malfoy here. Draco Malfoy who grew up in a toxic environment. Whose family's so-called "principles" are of deceit, greed, power and cruelty. It is no suprise that after suppressing such an emotion as strong as love - forbidden on top of that - his feelings and most especially his actions go haywire. The mere fact that he saved Hermione and put his own life on the line proves his love for her, I mean, would somebody do that for a mere conquest? I think not. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write a sequel Kyra. I know I am not in the proper place to ask this of you, and I know you already heard that comment/request a gazillion times already, but I am not only speaking for myself, but for the entire populace of Dramione shippers out there. A sequel concerning Draco finally coming to terms with his real feelings for Hermione and he will do everything in his power to make it up to her and to redeem himself. I know one of the guiding themes of this story is an "irredeemable Draco" but a sequel is another story, fresh start, a novel take on things. And remember guys, everyone deserves a second chance, no matter how twisted or rotten that person is. As the old adage go "Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you."
Kyra, you are still the awesome and fierce captain of this ship, and I'm sorry if I may come across like I'm dictating you or anything, believe me, that is not my intention. It's still up to you if you are gonna write a sequel (*crosses fingers, toes and anything left that's crossable* :)) or not. I am just happy that I finally spilled these gnawing thoughts after 6 long years..6 LONG YEARS PEOPLE..:)
| Guest chapter 3 . 10/16/2015
Thank you for taking the time to respond and voice out your opinions. I don't think you were ever in the league of "supporting rape" as other reviewers have stated and I truly do think that writers really don't have to explain their work most of the time. I just think in your writing it was confusing (which I realize now is to be expected with this character POV) in some parts as to what you were intending for your audience to get out of the story. I'm glad you clarified the concerns I did have and yes, very terrible things happen in the world.
Sadly if it is terrible,most deem events like what Hermione went through and what Draco did as a taboo that should never be spoken nor written about. I think this way of thinking is wrong. Talking about such cruelty or knowing that there are those such as Draco, that do exist in the real world, and being knowledgable about it can make a huge difference. I still think you should make a sequel because Draco seems to have found his victim again which leaves the ending unsettling. By unsettling, I mean it may show improvement of your writing by showing versality by taking on Hermione POV or another character. This is just a suggestion as I'm sure you have other works to attend to.
I wish I can say that anonymity is what I am but I'm just a reviewer not a writer on this site. I do review dark fanfic stories mostly because I think they are the most difficult to write and they challenge writers beyond comprehension for some and actually show potential for others. All in all, just because you write something doesn't mean you agree with what one character does or if what all the characters have done overall. Nor do you think any outcome(s) that come out of the story might be right in your opinion. I think some readers struggle with this.
I request that you make a sequel to really show what your writing can do.
- Clear Relic
| Kyra4 chapter 3 . 9/8/2015
Response to "Guest" - (which, truly, I wish people would have the courage not to hide behind anonymity so I could address these concerns in a more appropriate forum than the review pages, because I'm not going to bite you) -
You stated that Draco committed a heinous crime, NOT an act of love. You stated that he was uncaring, vile, selfish, and cruel. That he is only out for himself and his twisted desires. You stated that he's psychologically unstable. Calculating, ruthless, and cruel. That he should not be sympathized with or pitied in this fic. To all of which I say:
Correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct. All of that is a spot-on, accurate summation of Draco in this fic. He has no redeeming qualities, nor is he intended to. This is not the redeemed, "bad boy with a heart of gold" Draco that is so popular in fanfic, nor is he even remotely redeemable at any future time - that possibility does not exist here. The "good deed" he committed in saving Hermione's life at the end was done solely in because (a) he couldn't stand the thought that if he turned her over to Voldemort he'd no longer have a say in her fate and he NEEDS that control and (b) he hopes to one day be able to "have" her - i.e. torture her - again. This Draco is a psychopath. He's meant to be. I wrote him that way.
Hermione sustained psychological damage. She'd have a lot, a LOT, to work through. I think she's incredibly strong and resilient, and has a support network that's second to none, and I think in the end she'd be able to face what happened, conquer it, and move on with her life. But she'd be VERY messed up for quite a while. I don't deny it. Just because I didn't delve into it doesn't mean I don't understand that it's true.
I disagree with nothing you said. I still had the right to write it. Not all fics are happily ever after. Not everything is sunshine and roses, in the HP world or the real one. These things happen. They really, actually happen in real life. And just because they're unpleasant doesn't mean we should pretend they don't. Right?