Reviews for Tween Sea and Stars
OnlyTheBeginningOfTheAdventure chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Really, really good. I'm like going through all of your Narnian fits, and so far all are awesome. Glad to no that it wasn't only me who doesn't hate Caspian/Ramandu's daughter. Awesome job!
GoTeamSkipper chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Great "poem"/song! I really loved it! Personally I agree, Ramadu's daughter needs much more attention (I admit to calling we Liliandil as in the movie)! I loved the end about how she "guided" him until they were reunited and how he got to see her smile one last time.
GoTeamSkipper
TheMysteryReviewer3624 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
This poem is beautiful, as are your other Narnia poems that I have seen. Please keep writing. I think C.S. Lewis would be proud to read these.
Certain Velocity chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Although I have not read much of Ramandu's Daughter (Nor have I read more than one of the books.), I...

Right, well, I have no idea what to say. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I have anything to say. I have no background to bias this upon, so I must merely comment on the beautiful poetry... Again.
claire henry chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Wow a canon romance form the books is rare. its a shame that devout readers not only have to to deal with the bookverse and (possibly the moviewerse of the romance when the VDT cames out in 2010)of the uncanon romance of Lucy/Caspian but also the uncanon romance of Susan/Caspian now that the new movie has came out this year.
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
This is positively lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely. 'And a sweetness touched her heart, more fell than swords.' - chills! And the same for the last stanzas. The ballad-like style is perfect and makes it seem very old, as if it were passed down from generations.
Korean Pearl chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
It was nice, I did enjoy it. I don't think I ever thought of Lucy and Caspian, wow. That would be kind of... weird? As in, Lucy was queen way before him and now... okay, well, anyway, I liked the song, very sweet.

KP
serentis chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
This was amazing! I had tissues handy though.
Tatharwen Took chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This poem/song was so sweet, yet so sad. I love stories, like this one, that draw emotional responses from me. I definitely agree with the Caspian/ Ramandu's daughter pairing. Sea and Stars...it reminds me of the Elves of LotR (*sighs happily*), and yet, it's clearly its own world. Good job, and keep writing! Tatharwen Took
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
O! I like this a lot! I think you are right, it works very well as a song or chant - part of me thinks that a chorus might work, or sort of chorus. Maybe something after each stanza that repeats an element from the stanza in a particular form.

As for lines not fitting the poetry (as you yourself said, the rhythm needs to be relaxed to make it work - it's a song!) I think the only place you don't get away with it is;

"But joyful was the homecoming of Caspian and his love."

I think you can miss out the "his" and the line will work better.

You really are VERY good at these Narnian songs!
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I think this is such a beautiful poem, it's really sad and pretty at the same time. Well done on the rhyme scheme too! Definitely adding to favourites!

It would be cool if you could check out my first Narnia one-shot fic- "Of Sins and Shadows" sometime!

Sakina x
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Stunning.

I really have little words to speak, because I'm totally mesmerized. Indeed it has a hypnotic chant quality to it that lives and breathes Narnia. Well done.

Claudette
Clouded Horizon chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Oh this was so SAD! I cried! It was lovely. I'm not usually up for stories told as poems, but this changed my mind. You have a real talent for poetry. And by the way, I agree about Lucy/Caspian, it's just WRONG.
Smoltenica chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
I think you succeeded. I like this poem- it reminded me of Arwen/Aragorn... were you going for that, or was it unintentional? Whatever the case, I like it, and I absolutely agree with your postscript/author's note at the end. It had a LOT of potential. C. S. Lewis just didn't like writing romance and chickened out. (There I think he could have taken a lesson from Tolkien...)

But you've done this so well! Congratulations! Methinks it is very good. Very. :D
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
aw.w.w, that was beautiful. i have a question, though-the description of the queen's death isn't quite accurate. for example, she died at the scene of the crime, so to speak, and i'm not sure whether caspian was away that day. were you aware of this, or was it poetic license?

...either way, this is still a gorgeous work. it sounds like it could have been written by a narnia in mourning of the queen. ::sniff:: and she really needs a name, you're right. -_-;

::clicks favorites option:: lovely, lovely work. :D