Reviews for Satureen
saclateri chapter 6 . 3/16/2006
Oh dear. I'm glad they worked out their difficulties with a good old fashioned yelling match. And now they are in trouble...
saclateri chapter 5 . 3/16/2006
Your description of the storm was wonderfully atmospheric. Poor Rodney huddled in the corner.

Oh, boy what a chapter! Terrifying mudslide, then rescue (both wonderfully realised), then Rodney finding the body in the mud.

And now McKay's missing...
saclateri chapter 4 . 3/16/2006
Better and better...

Sheppard looking after McKay was nice, and I'm loving Rodney's processing moments - I can really see his mind working this way. And I guess the sunstroke helps.

And a hint of a storm on the way. Oh goodie.
saclateri chapter 3 . 3/16/2006
I'm loving this so far. Lots of lovely background to picque my interest. These aliens are intriguing, and this is a whole new problem for Sheppard and McKay to solve.

You capture the atmosphere beautifully with your descriptions. I really have a feel for this camp. And again, the dialogue is spot on.
saclateri chapter 2 . 3/15/2006
Love the comments about accents. No wonder Sheppard gets confused when the aliens sound like they're from South Africa.

And, what a wonderful set-up for a tale. I love the names for the moon and the sun, and the background that you're hinting about for these people. They sound fascinating, and terribly sad.

Your dialogue is excellent, yet again. It trips along nicely and fits the characters so well.

(will look at the rest later. I want to prolong the experience.)
saclateri chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Right, I've been meaning to start this for ages...

Love the early snark. Real Sheppard and McKay at their best (or worst). John really doesn't do sitting on his hands well at all. I think you captured it really well - sometimes it's tempting to sugar coat it into half-friendly banter. Then you watch the show again, and realise that they can sound damn nasty...

John should realise it is never that simple to shoot down a wasp ship.

And I'm utterly intrigued about where this is going next.
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 14 . 2/26/2006
A satifying conclusion to a fantastic tale! I honestly never saw the sad ending coming. Thank you for leaving it a bit open-ended...perhaps a tag or two for aftermath? Eh? Eh? Great writing as always, Kam and I can't wait for the next one :)
cybersyd42 chapter 14 . 2/22/2006
Wonderful, wonderful fic. I loved your descriptions of everything - particularly when they were both stuck in the tunnel, thinking they had no way to get out - it was horribly creepy and very effective. And the ending - wow. I really, really love the ending - although it's tragic, it's so horribly believable, and I think it's brave not to have a tacked-on, happy ending. Definitely one to keep.
Shakia chapter 14 . 2/22/2006
Oh noes! Gosh...those poor guys. I mean seriously, them all having to live in that place and work there and everything for all that time to find out it's gone ;-; And not to mention that now they have to get used to living on Atlantis again. And is that really the end? O_O But that's so sad ;-; Shepard and McKay need a hug. XP But yea, you should totally at least do an epologue maybe? *hopeful poke* I hate to see this end, I loved reading it! And if it is for sure over, then thanks for writting it! :D Very much one of my favorite stories. Gosh, poor guys ;-; Such a sad ending. *glomps them*
Lucygoosey chapter 14 . 2/22/2006
Excellent story, well-imagined with fully-fleshed characters. I look forward to more stories, as this one could have been an actual episode.
maria100 chapter 14 . 2/22/2006
Wow I really enjoyed this story, it was lovely how you wrote the friendship between McKay and Sheppard.
parisindy chapter 14 . 2/21/2006
aw so sad!
arbitrary9 chapter 14 . 2/21/2006
one word: WOW.

The ending was really well done; very powerful. I really felt sorry for the people, even Brouk. He was afterall only trying to save his people. I have to say, you really breathe life into your characters, even for that "Alien" guy, who was there for not more than one scene.

With respect to the ending, I'm glad you chose this way to end the story, because sometimes there are no neat solutions and desperation takes over. This is definitely on my favourites list of all time now :P Loved how you managed to incorporate Kavanagh in it too. haha. he's such an arse sometimes, but he's also such an interesting character - to make fun that is! hehe

The scene with Sheppard and Weir was really well done; and oh, I have to say, excellent incorporation of the SGA rescue team :) Suffice to say, this fiction has been a most remarkable read; seamless chapters, full of snarkiness (between Sheppard and Rodney), and of course, the amazingly well-written plot. I can't wait for your next story :P
Stealth Dragon chapter 14 . 2/21/2006
Oy, all that going through the cave for nothing. This isn't the end, right? I'm not sure, no TBC so I got all confuzzled. Darn these late night readings! I'm so freakin' out of it.
drufan chapter 14 . 2/21/2006
Good ending. Really liked that jerk Brouk. The line about the Poseidon Adventure...Naturalize it. LOL. Enjoyed this one. Thanks.
80 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »