Reviews for Oh Darkness, I Feel Like Letting Go
Little13Silence chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Love the way that you wrote this story! ;D
TheKritty chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Man , this just BLEW me away!There was so much depth in it, so much philosophy and you captured and characterised them SO SO well! I love your writing style, I really do!
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Wow, that was awesome!
Diane chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Absolutely brilliant. The characterizations of Sam, Dean, and John are stunning. I think you really pegged Sam, and his desire for a real life (not a mission of vegeance), as well as his love for Dean. You neatly explained why Sam never once invited Dean (in canon) to come with him in his nine-year-old logic. Yet, I loved that Dean was invited once he confronted Sam in Stanford. I felt that this was very true to the Sam we've come to know and love.

Dean was also spot on. His all-encompassing love for Sam, his need for Sam, and how even in the face of that, his duty and loyalty to his father made him leave Sam to live his own life in Stanford. I really liked how Dean wanted to stay though - the Dean I imagine would have wanted to stay, but he would have put his needs aside so his Dad wouldn't be alone.

John...was interested. And good. Very, very good. I have a hard time liking John. I even have moments of strongly disliking him. I found myself respecting your John, almost liking him in moments, even if I don't agree with the decisions he made about his boys.

Also, one of my favorites - the things Sam left behind for Dean, the moments of not-talking between the brothers (the silent treatment - the ultimate show of anger/hurt between siblings), Dean's mood swings of anger - calm down - anger every time he tracks down Sam.

The ending was also perfect. So very perfect. And open for interpretations. Some fans would probably imagine home as the Impala and the open road, with or without the hunt. Some would say Stanford, and the new life Sam tried to forge for them. A perfect way to convey such a beautiful emotion, yet please your readers.

Thanks for the amazing story! It'll definitely become a favorite of mine, and I'll be re-reading it for sure.
WElle chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
It's official, I love your stuff!

I remember this one as well. Now I'm going to have to go back and read all of it.
Marvin is my Muse chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
OW! You've BROKEN me!

Great story!

-Marvin
freaker chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
nicely done.
melja chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Hi, great story- loved the way you put all three perspectives together.

Mel
KateCyrus chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
This was amazing! I loved it! Totally not what I expected when I began reading. The way it was structured was perfect, running through each of their perspectives on the three run aways, and the anonymous dialogue worked really well.

Most of the time I was reading this I found myself thinking 'this is good- it's really good!' And the details were beautful - loved the bus ticket!

Great job!
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
I loved the flipping of the perspectives and the time frame. And the angst running throughout brought tears to my eyes.

*GN*
glorfinniel chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
That was incredible. Very very powerful, and I loved how the story was told three times from the different points of view.

You have a brilliant writing style and I spent the whole of the story dreading what I was going to read next and yet not being able to stop mysef until I reached the end. Excellent! :)
obaona chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Oh. I think my heart quietly broke with that one. Beautifully written with great skill and caring.
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
:'( WoW

That's it ;)
KBecks87 chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
amazing fic. loved all 3 pov's!
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
You truly have a grift for writing, you know? Sucked my right in, and wouldn't let go. You are an incredible writer. meh, I'm speechless! Well done!