Reviews for The Darkness
hajimebassaidai chapter 11 . 12/22/2009
A great fic exploring friendship with a lot of angst along the way. I liked that Daniel's escape plan of controlled death depended on the fact that he totally trusted Teal'c and Jack to get his body out of the river and for the team to revive him. This was without him actually explaining any of it to them; he just knew they would. I also liked that the reader was kept as much in the dark as SG1 about exactly which of the brothers to trust and that, ultimately, it wasn't as straight forward as one was good and one was evil. I was also relieved that there was an explanation of Daniel's OOC wave of anger when he shot Tezca. I didn't think it was necessary to have Jack & Daniel dragged telepathically back across the stars. Genuine wish for closure and to help the people would have been sufficient. The background story of Daniel's guilt that SG1 was trying to help him deal with, which is what brings the brothers feeding was well executed. The ending of two friends together, with Jack providing comfort by merely being present was beautiful.
fangirl29 chapter 11 . 6/13/2009
I just had to write in to say that I really enjoyed your story. I have been reading SG1 fanfic for what seems a life-time now, what with the show being on air for 10 years! Your story was very well written, it set a good pace, and the action & angst were really great! Now a days it's really difficult to find good SG1 fic as most every decent author has moved on. I'm very glad I ran across your work. I'm gonna check to see if you have any other goodies to share. I hope you're still writing :)
Wuchel1 chapter 11 . 11/19/2007
Another very well written and imaginative story.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Oh, poor Daniel (hugs him) Well, that's a rotten thing to do to him already!
JoyBean chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
I really enjoyed your story and found it well written and imagitive. I thought the best parts were the conversations between the team members.
Miyth chapter 11 . 7/2/2006
Okay, I REALLY liked this story :) . You are quickly becoming a liked author by me! It was really creative and I loved the twist!

You're really good!

-Miyth
Hailey Russell chapter 11 . 2/27/2006
This is an excellent story!
Teri chapter 11 . 2/13/2006
This was a really well written fanifc of the team as well as Jack and Daniel's relationship. I so enjoyed the relationship of J/D as it reminded me of the care free nature of the two in the early seasons. You have a wonderfull nack of keeping the story going in the right direction while keeping each character true to the nature of the show. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/7/2006
Sam shook her head. “I hope he can get passed this.”

this should be "get past"...

in Chapter 10:

“I’m waiting with baited breath,” teased the colonel...

should be "bated breath" - you use bait to catch fish; bated comes from the same root as "abate", and, in medieval times, referred to restraints such as those used to hold hunting hawks.
alessiana chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Great story! Please continue writing in this fandom. We need more good h/c fiction writers who know how the team interacts. Everyone was caring in The Darkness. I've added your story to the Dr. Daniel Jackson Love, Angst and Whumping Fiction community. I would love to add more gen stories. Especially h/c
GhostWriter25 chapter 11 . 2/5/2006
That was just great! You kept true to the characters and the story flowed wonderfully. You never disappoint me! Keep on writing in this fandom.
kelam-2002 chapter 11 . 2/2/2006
This was a great story! I love that you completed it.

you kept it real.
nikita chapter 11 . 1/31/2006
thanks you for a wonderful well written story i hope that you write more stargate stories in the future thanks again
whisper99 chapter 11 . 1/30/2006
That was very nicely done!
pettygrew chapter 11 . 1/29/2006
Well, it's been a long time since I enjoyed reading a good SG1 story as I have with yours. Thank you for writing it. Yup, good Daniel whumping. Great plot too. Couldn't stop reading it. Good characterization with one exception. Jack has only called Daniel 'Dannyboy' three times over the years. I felt it was overly used in the story. Not a bad thing, just bothersome.