Reviews for Deceptive Appearances
ILoveHarryPotterForever chapter 10 . 8/3/2014
Love it! It's short and sweet. I love the setting and how you developed the character. You made so much happen in ten chapters, but it didn't feel rushed. Great job! I enjoyed reading this very much. :)
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 10 . 1/9/2014
really lovely ending. I simply adore this story!
beulah2013 chapter 10 . 6/28/2011
HI

Just wanted to say that you have an amazing way with words(Plus it didn't hurt that Charlie was in it!) and that I think you portrayed Hermione exactly as I feel/think she would've been in America during those years. I also wanted to say that this was the first Harry Potter historical romance that I've read and that it has set a standard now!

Sincerely

Ramla
93 Diagon Alley chapter 9 . 4/25/2011
I know I've read and reviewed this story before, but I just re-read it and felt the need to share my thoughts with you again.

This is by far one of the best stories on this site. It is incredibly well-written, true to its time period and its characters, and just simply lovely. I enjoyed reading it now just as much as, if not more than, the first time. And I thought you'd like to know that it's one of a select few stories I have linked to on my profile, so that as many others can read it as possible.

Thank you, so much, for sharing this story with us. It's absolutely brilliant; a true merit to the fanfiction community.
Prof.M chapter 5 . 10/30/2010
So, I know this is an older story but i can't resist correcting this as everything else is so accurate. A runaway slave would NEVER be hanged or killed. Slaves were valuble property to be retrieved if they ran away. No one would kill a slave, let alone annother man's slave. Just as you or I wouldn't flush 50 grand down the toilet. Well I hope you wouldn't do that ;) However, you have it right in thinking that a man helping a slave escape was in more danger than the escaping slaves. In fact, the punishment for helping a slave escape was a hanging. Good luck Charlie!
Anna Scathach chapter 10 . 10/27/2009
Wonderful story, amazing writing and the pairing is not OOC in the least. Good job!
Domitan chapter 10 . 10/13/2009
Yay! I love Charlie and Hermione! You should post that this story is finished, because I almost didn't read it because it didn't say it was complete. I found it interesting that no one used magic, but I love stories of the Underground Railway and escaping slaves and things like that. It was also very well written, and I liked that you researched things about the time period (and then explained them!). I like this story very much. Congrats!
cylobaby chapter 10 . 5/20/2009
Adorable. Obviously it had nothing to do with HP but I really enjoyed it anyways. Great characters and plot!
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 10 . 4/27/2009
Great story! Nicely done! How does the story of their lives continue? Sequel please!
jkrowlingrox chapter 10 . 7/1/2008
Beautifully written. I like the idea where they are in a different time period and without magic, and how they are constantly restrained from acting upon their feelings in society.
kikyou's-reincarnation chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
OMG! i loved this story! it was so good and it really felt like i was there! the end notes at the end of a chapter were really useful and really showed how much research u did.

this is an awesome story!
LittleRedOne chapter 10 . 5/8/2008
The ending of this was great. The whole thing was great. You write wonderfully.

Kelly
LittleRedOne chapter 2 . 5/7/2008
I don't have time to keep going right now, but these first too chapters are great! I like the idea alot. The time and place you put them in is brilliant. Hermione's character is fitting too. I'll be back for more soon. :)

Kelly
gracie5412 chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
lovely story, cleverly written

keep up the good work!
93 Diagon Alley chapter 10 . 9/24/2007
This story was absolutely fantastic.

I really, really enjoyed it :)

Keep up the good work!