Reviews for A Nights Musing
CarlisleAliceJazzCullen chapter 1 . 3/6
I thoroughly enjoyed the content of this fic. I cannot deny that the occasional SPaG errors were distracting. For example, I did realize that you meant surely where it says surly but surly in a fic about Gimli has its own meaning, you know? Spellcheck is not always our friend, haha!

But I had no problem reading on because, like I said, I adored the content - the plot - the characterizations - the character development. I'm highly impressed with that last especially - I've read full novels where characters do not grow as much - A job! I love that even after he's admitted to himself that he's in love with Gimli, Legolas can still struggle with how he sees Gimli and the disconnect between what his eyes sees and his heart wants. Then I loved it even more when he accepts and realizes that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but how we behold beauty is based on the societal norms we grow up with. And then he rises above that. Did I mention A job?

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this fic! (btw, thank goodness for the review section because I could not understand where the unedited version is supposed to be from your note - I think they cut out a word or something?)
kitsunelullaby chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
i like it . . . honestly, i don't know why but it touched me
where did you say the rest of that scene is?
Ryntaia chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
I didn't review this last night when I favorited it because it was pretty darn late. I'll review it now, because I'm a little more awake now.

So, wow. I've read both the edited version on FF and on the Axe and Bow LJ (? I'm not quite sure if it's LJ or what) community and I have to say that this fanfiction is simply amazing. It's not...very often that I find myself so eternally hooked on each and every word of an M rated fic, because not many writers put such delicate thought and effort into their M rated stories. This one is clearly different in that respect. Each word creates such a rich, beautiful atmosphere that it's impossible to let go of what's being read, and sincerely constructs a lively and emotional scene. I simply couldn't find myself able to skip a single word even in the half awake state I was when I read it.

Specific strong points would definitely be the realization point of when Legolas realized that it was less Gimli's actual appearance he was seeing, but rather that he was seeing him through a tinted eye constructed by the society he'd grown up in. The way this is presented in the fic and built up is just executed perfectly, especially around the time he's actually 'looking at Gimli with unjudging eyes'. I particularly loved that.

I've found it hard to find good Legolas and Gimli fics (it's possible that I just don't know much about the ship tagging though), much less fics of this caliber. It's excellent to find one that's so well written and so well executed. Hats off to you.
kyos.minion chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Okay. I really like this. But I want to read the whole thing and I can't find the uncensored link. .
HyenaGreyscale chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I.. Am blown away. I found some fan art referencing this story and had never really considered the pairing. Well, you have blown that notion right out of my mind! How could I have NOT seen it before? Your writing is beautiful and flows together so wonderfully, I feel like this was a missing chapter from the stories themselves at times. I'm just so blown away. I wish you could hear the applause I'm giving you, but the web limits that.

Fabulous, fabulous work. Keep it up!
libbyluvs chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
I'm forever grateful that you decided to write this, and for how considerate you were to respond almost immediately to my pm and direct me to your unedited version. It feels as though this stories purpose is to draw emotion from its readers wether it positive or downright flaming. I couldn't get it out of my mind and I admit to becoming hopelessly distraught when I couldn't find the full version. After I finally finished reading it I was totally emotionaly fritzed out. In a good way. And I wanted to review because you deserve it...making this amazing story...posting it for me to read. THANK YOU.
Skarlettefox chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Yup, everything has its own special kind of beauty, thats what i believe anyway!
This was heartwarming! Thankyou for sharing :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I absolutly loved this!
Where is the un edited version to this?
The one with the smut scene... 3 *blush* heheh
I couldnt find it
parhelia chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Love, love, love. I am in love with this story. It's one of the only ones to address fully Gimli's and Legolas' different body types and how they both find the other beautiful anyway. Legolas finally getting over himself and opening his eyes, indeed! ;-)

I've never been one to think Gimli ugly, and dwarves are my favorite race in LOTR. I love how you treat Gimli here; as the awesome being he is. One of my favorite parts was when the soldier comes up to Gimli's tent to woo him and hopefully "get lucky", and Legolas' clueless presence chases the soldier off! LOL I love the thought of Eomer having a liking (or more) for Gimli too; I've seen it elsewhere but I'm always happy to see it again.

Thank you for this fabulous story. If you ever write any more Gimli or Legolas/Gimli fics, I shall eagerly devour those too, although I'm thrilled with what I've found on your profile here so far.
chai chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
XD i am proud to say i noticed the shameless rip off of legend lines! XDXD lol
Rachel chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Wow, this story was incredible. I loved the way you showed Gimli and Legolas to both be beautiful in their own way. For a more 'helpful' review of your writing: there were a few spelling and other small grammatical errors. The story was put together quite well though.

I know people have said they are having trouble finding your unedited version, so for anyone who is, this is the link (and it is from Axe-Bow, but not the older archive, so some people might be getting stuck there. This is a direct link to the story itself (if you want the archives, for other stories, delete everything after 'org.' Okay for the story, the UNEDITED VERSION is at:

axebow . lcwsites archive / 0 / anights . html

Be sure to remove all spaces.
Stranger-of-the-void chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Wow...this all i can say...wow...that's such an amazing and beautiful story, one of the best i have read from Gimli x Legolas so far! You wrote it simply perfectly, not one single thing was there which could have make me wonder. I love the way you described their acting, their feelings, it was simply wonderful! Sadly there aren't so many Gimli x Legolas stories, but this is definitely going into my favorite list And damn, the whole love scene was just really hot, even with the whole Gimli-accidentally-licks-up-some-oilment *snicker*, although i felt really disappointed when i saw you 'removed' the smut part...I nearly freaked out, cause damn, it was just about to getting good! So please, would you send me the link to this unedited story? I would really really really love to read the whole story! I hope you write more hot Gimli x Legolas stories on fanfiction!

Go Gecco!

your fan Kamo-chan
Werewolf of Fire chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Nothing I write could thoroughly express how much I love this story! I'm stuck between wanting to shower you with praise and going back and rereading it again.

But I did enjoy this immensely - though I was disappointed I couldn't find the complete version. If you have a link on hand, I'd love it if you sent it to me. I just know the smut would be as well handled and lovely as the rest of this fic.

But yes. I love this fic. I love the characterisation, with Legolas learning and Gimli's teaching him. I love the emotions this story's packed with. I was feeling nervous with them, and uncomfortable and then quite enchanted - and shocked. I was so bloody worried when Gimli choked on the taste of the ointment. I laughed my ass off. XD The comparisons were brilliant too~

I think the only thing I found particularly odd or hard to deal with was the image of Legolas with black hair. But that's completely my fault; I've only seen the movies. XD

Anyway, well done~ Lovely, lovely work.

Take care,

- Woffy
Kira-The-Shinigami chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
I love this story,alot. I know I have read it before,but even back then I never read the missing part. I realy want to read it,so can I get the link please?

This is my fav of all Gimli and Legolas storys!
Kit Fox94 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
What's the site with the lemon? You can't put website names in stories or messages without adding some spaces to it.