Reviews for Of Ramen and Wooden Skates
Lii-yu.Madara chapter 7 . 8/13/2019
Is there a possibility of continuing this story. I find it very interesting, how you portray Orochimaru- Sama. although I believe he would sound or behave quite similar to how he is as an adult. I am thoroughly enamored with the premise of his relationship with Teuchi-san.

I am not sure if pursuing a relationship with Tsunade- hime would be appropriate after the war however, I would like an exploration of his integration back into Konoha, well as much as allowed during the rebuilding. Also his relationship with Teuchi-san and Uchiha Sasuke during this time.

Thank you for the beautiful story.
Lii-yu.Madara chapter 7 . 1/5/2019
wow, just wow!

Although I personally think Orochimaru-Sama would, from a young age speak the way he speaks as an adult your portrayal of both he and Teuchi-san is perfect. Teuchi-san is a treasure

This will be one of those stories I keep coming back to for years. so beautifully written from a point of view few can express, my favourite being the war as seen by a civilian food stand owner. Thank you for this beautiful treasure.

Cheers!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
Oh my god...THE SCROLL!:D Oh.
sendicard chapter 7 . 10/1/2014
I came to this story because a member of our forum asked us what we thought of this story. Our opinions so far can be found at
topic/156808/117658699/2/#121536456 , along with my full review.

I hope you have a nice day.
sendicard chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
The jump is a bit ridiculous there. Originally it was only going to be for like an hour at 200, then it jumped to 300 for 14 hours. Like... Zefuk? Even worse is that Ichiraku who we've come to believe is a very honest and kind man, doesn't find anything wrong with this. Business man or not, that's a bullshit jump and he know it. Knowing that Orochimaru may be homeless soon if he doesn't give him the deal. You have him at 14 hours a day, thirty days a month, that's 420 hours, 300 Ryo. Notice a problem? I'm entirely sure Ichiraku frowns on what is basically slavery. I also doubt a so called Genius would take something that stupid!

Even if we forget the amount that actually is, by maybe... Making Ryo way more than USD? That jump from 30 hours to 300, for only a 50% increase. Math just isn't working here!
VampireDoll666 chapter 7 . 10/7/2013
The old man has the scroll...Now I HAVE to read the third installment. Please post it! *gets on hands and knees*
The Sinful chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
Damn, good story. Always interesting to see a villain humanized without being derailed. Orochimaru, Voldemort, Kel-Thuzad. It doesn't matter really. Besides, flat characters, especially villains, are terribly boring. Who cares about the guy who wants to destroy the world "For the evulz"? Give me a someone who wants revenge for his family, is jealous of his brother, or looks after a small child. Far more interesting
The Sinful chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
Considering the number of characters in various series that REALLY REALLY care about their hair. Unsurprising.
Crystal M. Key chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
I like this story. You titled the last chapter truly, it was bittersweet to see how Orochimaru changed over the years in the snippets. Thank you!
Kuraitsuki Tukiko chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
*Sniffle*
maple-leaf96 chapter 7 . 12/3/2009
OH MANN I REALLY LOVE YOUR STORIES

This was so beautifully written, i really dunno what to say. XD.

I like the last part though.

"Just like its owner. Beautiful and subtle."

I SO AGREE :D

thank you for writing this, really,its one of the best fanfics i've ever read, second only to ur other fanfic "the link: heart of fire" and "the link: snake and fox"
cy-grl chapter 7 . 11/4/2009
This is amazing work. So in character and yet it seems weird to picture Orochimaru like that. It fits, though. Very insightful and I love the perspective of the story.

*adds*
kmissypink3aol.com chapter 7 . 8/6/2008
omg best young!oro fic ever! I loved it. you did him so well and in-character!
KimiTien chapter 7 . 3/23/2008
beautiful.
Childe at Heart chapter 7 . 12/9/2007
Huh. Pretty cool story. I liked that you took such a different perspective.