Reviews for Chasing Normal
Ikurus chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
Harlequin Love chapter 3 . 1/17/2011
Oh man, I didn't think you could make the janitor (or is it The Janitor?) more awesome than in the first fic but you did it! He's so down to earth and trying to understand these seemingly alien supers by searching for their humanity. I loved J'onn's cameo and how he's looking for 'normal' as well.
wild wolf free17 chapter 3 . 5/17/2008
Aww, I like The Janitor. And Batman!
GoldenRat chapter 3 . 9/2/2007
Very cool, he becomes a superhero for awhile but still remains himself.
Neon Majestic chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
Interesting. Quite interesting indeed. You were able to show the psyche of an ordinary maintenance worker, given superpowers by chance, and how he had to deal with them. And the whole "that one time I saved the world" thing...brief, but just the way an ordinary and humble guy would summarize it.

Especially good were the characterizations of Batman, Flash, Booster Gold and Green Lantern. Too bad you couldn't get into the other founding members' personalities so much, but at least Wonder Woman and Superman were shown as diplomatic. And of course, J'onn showing up was a plus, and with those Oreos...

One thing I have to wonder about, though...would the League actually have part of its base spaced off for the purposes of an academy? I don't recall them doing anything like that in the series, or even when they brought in the 50 new heroes at the start of the Unlimited series.

As for Question not showing up...AW MAN!

And the choice of making The Janitor (I still can't get over it-the JANITOR?) a perfect way to take down Clayface was so good. You need to do more stuff like that, next time you create original heroes.

BTW, how DOES Batman do that disappearing thing? I'm still trying to figure it out...especially the way he tends to disappear without making a single noise. Even when he's an old man in Batman Beyond, walking with a cane, possessing a heart condition, he's still able to do's almost creepy, wouldn't you say? But then again, I guess that WOULD count as the only REAL superpower he actually has...being able to disappear and reappear when you don't expect it...
TJ chapter 3 . 9/2/2006
What a nice idea!

And you pulled it of splendidly.
Jimaine chapter 3 . 4/24/2006
E! That was really fun. I admit I had to struggle through the bits where he was 'hero-training,' but how much do I love this idea? It was the title that really drew me in, it's fantastic. "Chasing Normal." And I adore J'onn and the bit at the end with the Oreos was inspired. I was amused, though occasionally thrown, by the whole 'trying to make the JL kinda possible' thing with the paperwork and the cleaning staff and everything. I love that idea. And - yeah. "Chasing Normal". J'onn. Robin teaching a class. Thanks!
CRose chapter 3 . 4/22/2006
That was quite good and I usually don't care for first person stories. Usually can't even finish a story in first person either. Still, this one had a lot of the things I like to see in a story, the plot flowed perfectly from scene to scene, you added just the right amount of detal to each scene, and ended it before things started to go into epic proportions.

Excellent Job.
Amarin Rose chapter 3 . 4/5/2006
/That's how we spent the evening, me and the Martian, in my kitchen, just two normal guys./

Seems like he's finally found his normal - or something like it. :) It's great to see the Janitor again (such a funny superhero name that makes).
koolkame chapter 3 . 3/8/2006
The Stargate reference was pretty sly. I like these Janitor storiess since I happen to be one and would love to clean up around the Watchtower as opposed to a retail store. Having him defeat Clayface was a nice touch. His powers were like Kryptonite to the guy. Flash's saying that it felt like another Flash was a believeable insight for the character. I hope you'll write more bout him later
Ms.JamesWilsonNYY chapter 2 . 2/20/2006
i like this i hope you conitnue it its really good!
trecebo chapter 3 . 2/11/2006
Yeah! The Janitor seemed so out of his skin, even I was uncomfortable. But J'onn showing up was classic. Very much what was needed. Cool beans. Hope we see more of the Janitor. He rocks. He and Alfred could chat at some cleaning solutions or something. Did I say that out loud? Oh my...
trecebo chapter 2 . 2/11/2006
Wow, you really have thought thru this whole becoming a hero from a stop start point of view. I like this concept. Poor guy. You make me sympathize with him.
trecebo chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Oh, I love the Janitor. Mr. Everyman. And Flash hanging out with him is so Flash. Just saw the Flash and Substance JLU eppy and this would be so up his alley.

Love that he really missed his fam and wanted normal, much like Clark does at times.
incense-whiskers chapter 3 . 2/4/2006