Reviews for Rise of the Phoenix
Chase998 chapter 8 . 2/13/2010
And there was great rejoicing at ROTP gained another chapter!

Onward to the review, what a great way to continue! It's not always easy to try to convey the sense of loss for a character and not fall into a pit of wallowing. You, however, manage to keep it on keel by mixing in distracting action that was really great. I am a big fan of a good firefight, and you accomplished it well in this chapter.

The introduction of a new character was the salve needed for the loss of another. I was sad to see the one go, but it's interesting to see the entry of the future. (I'm trying not to give away anything here, in case someone is reading the review before the chapter. This ain't exactly easy, y'know.)

When you come right down to it, folks who write these characters have a steep hill to climb in many ways. Since there was only one season of the show, it's up to the writer to make things happen and to invent the rest of the CP universe. As usual, you accomplish so well that the only regret is that real life intervenes with us all, causing a delay in posting a new chapter.

So, here's hoping things slow down enough that we can all keep moving forward to find out what happens!

As always, well done, Kaz!
Windjammers chapter 8 . 2/5/2010

Okay, I can breathe now. Locke, Mindsinger, Jon wanting to quit, Ranger, finding out things aren't all peaches and cream in Eden 2 - there's a lot packed into this one!

Keep 'em coming!
TesubCalle chapter 8 . 2/4/2010
The long-awaited and much-anticipated update has finally arrived!

Jon's emotional state is so horrendously bleak, it's actually painful and depressing to read how he reacts to things.

I'm surprised you made Locke even marginally sympathetic with the hostage situation involving his kids. I'd just thought he was bribed or something much more low-down dirty to sell out Power. Meh. I still want him throttled a lot more than he was.

Great inclusion of Mindsinger here, I thought. You really nailed her personality and manner of speech. Loved that you even considered her personal retro fashion sense, and how the team reacted to it after their first meeting. Nice little anecdotal details like that really help flesh out the story. Sorry to see more casualties being added to Jon's burdensome conscience... :(

Whoa - you've intro'd Ranger! I wasn't expecting that to happen. I had a good little chuckle at how she checked out Tank. She likes her beefcakes, eh? Too funny. The question is: Does Tank like redheads?

So yes, there were strong emotions here, but not overwhelming. I think you struck a very good balance between how bad Jon is grieving and with everything else that's going on.

I know you said you haven't got anything else written yet, but obviously I'll be waiting for it whenever it arrives. Just don't leave us hanging too long!
Kylen chapter 8 . 2/4/2010
YAY! We finally get more - and BRILLIANTLY DONE, too! GREAT job!
TesubCalle chapter 7 . 8/19/2009
I've finally allowed myself the time to sit down and read this. I feel like I've just been through an incredibly intense battle. That's what you've done to me: you've sucked me right inside this world, and made me a participant.

You've been so successful at re-creating the atmosphere, personalities, fears, woes and hurts of these characters, it practically *hurts* on an emotional and physical level to read it. My own skin crawls, and my stomach lurches at Jon's feelings over his utter sense of loss and grief. I was outraged and was cringing at the torture being inflicted on Jennifer.

I'm relieved that things are all starting to come together and make a lot more sense, because for the life of me, (yes, I can be truly dense at times) I couldn't figure how the Power Team found 'Jennifer' at the base.

I know the story of Captain Power is only fiction; fiction aimed at the younger set, no less... but it amazes me how grown-up the issues addressed by the series writers were. It's almost silly to think (what ended up being) the series finale of a kids' TV show would make someone *cry*, but that's just what it did. It's heart-breaking to think (canon-wise) that's where things ended.

As others have pointed out, good thing we have fanfiction to convince us otherwise!

Here's hoping you're able to make time for 'fun' writing! Awaiting the next chapter.
JTrevizo chapter 7 . 8/10/2009
Janice - as I mentioned privately I really think this story is great and I am very much looking forward to you making the time to complete. Please let me know if I can ever repay the beta favor.

Windjammers chapter 7 . 6/9/2009
Is chapter 7 the end of the story or is the rest of it posted elsewhere? I'm hooked on this one! Stuart's got to get Jennifer back to Jon.
Chelle1000 chapter 6 . 3/28/2008
Wonderful story! I can't wait to find out where this is going. The multiple layers ahve me completely captivated. Thanks for writing this and please keep updating.
Jericho chapter 6 . 1/26/2008
Good story, but what was up with the faking Jennifer being captured, tortured , and then taken through a fake escape attempt where the fake Power Team was actually killed? Sounds like the people Dr. Power is working with are worse than Dread!
CelicaChick chapter 6 . 1/17/2008
YES! this story lives on! That was awesome and intense as well as heart wrenching!
Chase998 chapter 6 . 1/13/2008
YAY! Finally! It's so good to see the CP world alive and well!

I am digging the character developments in ROTP. It's a whirlwind of faces, and it's not always easy to tell who is on what side. I have enjoyed that immensely. Keep it up, and here's to all of us not waiting for another year!
Ravendarc chapter 6 . 1/13/2008
I enjoyed reading this chapter a lot. It was well written and I can't say anything bad about it. The chapter keeps the reader wanting to come back for more, and you capture the characters very well. Thanks for another chapter and I look forward to the next one.
Kazthom chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
Thanks to all who have read this story over the past year! I had to put it aside while we completed the 20th anniversary website of CP. Now that it is up and running, with only updates necessary, I have begun writing again. Look for another chapter within the next month.
Lisa chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
I like the fact that Pilot lives in this story and the new characters of her parents. It will be interesting to see how Power reacts if/when he finds out who Pilot's parent's are. Hopefully you will continue to see this story to the end. This is one of the best stories that I have read regarding this TV show.

Thanks for entertaining the fans of the show.
Ravendarc chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
I am very entertained by your story. I can't deny that I like the fact that you save Pilot in your story the most and bring back some kind of hope to the Captain Power story by doing so. However, it's also more complicated and in depth and keeps a reader wanting to see more of it. Thanks for writing this story. I'm enjoying it a lot.