Reviews for The Slumbering City
Pinay Tiger chapter 10 . 6/25
I have never read this story before, and I am so upset that it took me this long to find it! I LOVE everything about this story: the descriptions, the magic, Kaoru being Kaoru. You have a remarkable way of writing. I absolutely adored the way you painted such a beautiful garden when Kaoru had first entered Battousai's mansion, and how engulfing it was for the fountain to bring life to the garden after Kaoru had interacted with it. I loved your version of Kenshin in here, and I absolutely love the way he adored Kaoru. Thank you for a great story. This is definitely in my top 10.
I first read this story years ago and loved it. I had a sudden urge to revisit my favorite Kenshin stories the other day-this was one of the first ones I thought of and I STILL love it. The universe is so imaginative and interesting. I love the idea of personifying magic in the way you wrote it. And there's so many of my favorite tropes mixed so beautifully together. Kenshin's hot, Kaoru's so kickass, and I love the two of them together. It's as enjoyable for me to read it today as it was 5-7ish years ago. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
marianmerza chapter 10 . 2/21
Oooooooooh my gosh
I loved it!
Cova chapter 10 . 10/1/2017
I love it! I really hope you make another Rurouni Kenshin Fiction.
Scarlet chapter 10 . 3/4/2017
This is so good! Thank you for writing such a great piece. It's so original and I love the characters and the story line you've created! Simply wonderful!
chars-aftercolony chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
This is..the nth time I'm re-reading this classic. Thank you for having written it.
KureNo11 chapter 10 . 7/28/2016
Wow..that was just..Wow!
What can I say? Yours is an excellent piece of work.
I cannot find exact words to describe what I feel right now. I felt my heart constricted, deliciously..
I am grateful that this is an AU. I might not feel the same way if this is a canon. For me, Kenshin and Kaoru relationship in canon settings is a 'traditional' and quiet one. So, if there is a fic that bring those couple to say 'I love you' to each other, I just prayed that it would be an AU fic. Because it's so hard to imagine KK blatantly saying words of love if they are in canon.
KureNo11 chapter 5 . 7/28/2016
Oh My God..! Dear God!
I think I am gonna die..Kenshin is such a damn hot sexy handsome thoughtful man. Why did you write that moment where Kenshin inserted his fingers between Kaoru's lips to prevent her from biting her lips? Why? Why?
I envy Kaoru for that *lol
KureNo11 chapter 4 . 7/28/2016
I love you dear author..for writing this fic.
Amu4ever chapter 10 . 7/25/2016
Oh my gosh, I just couldn't read this. No way could I have read this chapter. It is so painfully obvious that you were currently in love while you wrote this. Oh my, the love and tender emotions are shining too brightly. Blinding.

This is not necessarily bad, of course, but I guess I am just not up for something this...intense?

Thank you for sharing the story with us!

By the way in case you are curious I couldn't read past the scent paragraph.
Amu4ever chapter 9 . 7/25/2016
Well, you certainly let ends meet. Though I really wish you could have integrated an encounter somewhere, which would have needed Kenshin to be all protective. With an actual person in front of him that he could protect her from...

By the way very deep insight into the thoughts of a traumatised person. Did you look trauma up on the internet or did you already have some prior knowledge of the topic or psychology in general? (If you don't wanna answer that is alright, of course. Just wondering.)
Amu4ever chapter 8 . 7/25/2016
Still prefer fish :D

By the way it would be awesome if there could be a sequel to this. Maybe one in which Kaoru gets hurt and Kenshin turns all protective?
Amu4ever chapter 7 . 7/25/2016
I like fish best :)

Oh and I like that she choose to go to him instead of the other way around!
Amu4ever chapter 6 . 7/24/2016
Awwww...now I am really torn between feeling for Kenshin and coo-/worrying over Kaoru...

What a dilemma...
Amu4ever chapter 5 . 7/24/2016
Awww...I hope Kenshin will comfort her once he figures out why she freaked out - again.