Reviews for The Slumbering City
KureNia11 chapter 10 . 7/28
Wow..that was just..Wow!
What can I say? Yours is an excellent piece of work.
I cannot find exact words to describe what I feel right now. I felt my heart constricted, deliciously..
I am grateful that this is an AU. I might not feel the same way if this is a canon. For me, Kenshin and Kaoru relationship in canon settings is a 'traditional' and quiet one. So, if there is a fic that bring those couple to say 'I love you' to each other, I just prayed that it would be an AU fic. Because it's so hard to imagine KK blatantly saying words of love if they are in canon.
KureNia11 chapter 5 . 7/28
Oh My God..! Dear God!
I think I am gonna die..Kenshin is such a damn hot sexy handsome thoughtful man. Why did you write that moment where Kenshin inserted his fingers between Kaoru's lips to prevent her from biting her lips? Why? Why?
I envy Kaoru for that *lol
KureNia11 chapter 4 . 7/28
I love you dear author..for writing this fic.
Amu4ever chapter 10 . 7/25
Oh my gosh, I just couldn't read this. No way could I have read this chapter. It is so painfully obvious that you were currently in love while you wrote this. Oh my, the love and tender emotions are shining too brightly. Blinding.

This is not necessarily bad, of course, but I guess I am just not up for something this...intense?

Thank you for sharing the story with us!

By the way in case you are curious I couldn't read past the scent paragraph.
Amu4ever chapter 9 . 7/25
Well, you certainly let ends meet. Though I really wish you could have integrated an encounter somewhere, which would have needed Kenshin to be all protective. With an actual person in front of him that he could protect her from...

By the way very deep insight into the thoughts of a traumatised person. Did you look trauma up on the internet or did you already have some prior knowledge of the topic or psychology in general? (If you don't wanna answer that is alright, of course. Just wondering.)
Amu4ever chapter 8 . 7/25
Still prefer fish :D

By the way it would be awesome if there could be a sequel to this. Maybe one in which Kaoru gets hurt and Kenshin turns all protective?
Amu4ever chapter 7 . 7/25
I like fish best :)

Oh and I like that she choose to go to him instead of the other way around!
Amu4ever chapter 6 . 7/24
Awwww...now I am really torn between feeling for Kenshin and coo-/worrying over Kaoru...

What a dilemma...
Amu4ever chapter 5 . 7/24
Awww...I hope Kenshin will comfort her once he figures out why she freaked out - again.
Amu4ever chapter 4 . 7/24
I like the way you play with the word 'koi'. So far I have learned one meaning of it I didn't know. I am looking forward to learning more :)

I also learned a new word...or I did. I think I forget it again, just remember the definition being something along the lines of 'happy about something you have achieved'.

Oh! Your characterisation is first class by the way, especially Kenshin. His character is as multy-layered and complex as we know it to be!

The intensity you give him is also very canon. Not to forget your ability to write good lime. :)
Amu4ever chapter 3 . 7/24
Oh my, no way to escape Kenshins charm. He is truly unique. The perfect combination of sweet, comforting and dominating, protective and possesive to drive anyone crazy :)
Amu4ever chapter 2 . 7/24
Eh...wouldn't Megumi notice that she was suddenly alone in the car?
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 7/24
Oh! I do hope you only said it was a drabble and it really isn't. Because in my opinion "normal" multi-chaptered stories are just more enticing :)
I really liked this story, but I just realized that you never explained how Kenshin was alive all those years and if he and Kaoru are both going to live for several more centuries. I think it would also be good if you made it a little clearer just how common magic is throughout the rest of the world. I know you said that it was quite unusual in Kaoru's hometown, but the description of the town made it seem like it was a rural one, so that would be understandable. I would like to know how common magic is in the other cities and towns, big or small, and how common people with the amount of magic power Kenshin and Kaoru have are in those places. Do you think you could at least add an AN to this chapter explaining those things?
do chapter 10 . 10/22/2015
i absolutely loved this story. I have to admit, at first i wasn't a fan of 'magic' and the first chapter because i was very confused, but as the story continued - your writing style is amazing! Especially for kaoru and kenshin's internal monologues, I think you captured their personalities really well and it make it more enjoyable. Hope to read more stories from you!