Reviews for The Slumbering City
Pamelawright chapter 10 . 4/2
Great storytelling. Terrific use of setting and imagery. I will say that my only criticism is a systemic marginalization of most of your characters and their interactions, which unfortunately paint your story as young and your view of romance and relationships as under developed. Otherwise, I very much enjoyed your story, and look forward to seeing what you offer in the future.
One time I got a really short haircut and went to school, first day of 7th grade, and a friend whom I had known since I was 7 called me a boy. "Oh hey there dude nice jacket!" then he saw my face and went "you're not a boy." well yeah.
Lady Flourescent chapter 10 . 2/11
One of the most adorable fan fiction I have ever read! You have the gift of humor and romance in writing that transmits to the readers readily. I had a very delightful time reading every paragraph and was anticipating what would happen next for each chapter. Thank you for sharing this story to us. It was a marvelous ride.
Anonia chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
Maybe it's because I'm reading this alone in the dark (after a zombie novel too), but for the first time this chapter really creeped me out. I've read this story quite a few times, and I know you haven't changed it, but I'm just now started to get chills reading this. It's still a great story, and i can't wait to finish it!
Lunardragon33 chapter 10 . 6/22/2013
you should add the wedding
xXthenextbookwormXx chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Jeez, everybody's reminding me of Robin McKinley this week. First somebody-or-other's Cursed (can't remember the author, plus I'm too lazy to check), then Ravyn's Little One (I can see why you were compared to Ravyn, it's the magic bonds, I think) and now this. See, one of the things McKinley will do with regularity is start at a point in time, before jumping back on a tangent, then eventually coming back to where she started. It does get a bit annoying, mostly because McKinley's tangents will be long enough that I forget where I started. Here, the beginning at the end thing is okay, I suppose, I just kinda fail to see the point. Why write a thing twice?

Also. Should I be ashamed that I'm reading something like this, if it was published when I was 10? I feel like there's something wrong with that... Oh well. I'm enjoying myself.
JMai chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
I can't believe I read this very story 6 years ago and here I am again to reread it after all those years. Despite having read this fic before, I couldn't help but be drawn straight back into the world you created and have spent my entire day marathoning this from start to finish. All I have to say is, I still loved it as much as I did the first time I stumbled across The Slumbering City )

I hope you are doing well, and perhaps I may see you again in a few years time.
Minirowan chapter 10 . 5/4/2013
I really like this story! To be honest though, I did find Kenshin a bit OOC. I was expecting more of the mild mannered Kenshin with brief bursts of his Battousai personality. But, I didn't mind much since this is AU. I still love the personalities and characterization you've done for everyone here; Kaoru especially was rather hilarious on multiple occasions.

Anyway, I find the back story really interesting and it would have been great if this were a story with a longer plot. Something like the terrorists are still free and kidnap Kaoru to get to Kenshin. Still, this is just as good as a short story. I do have to admit I expected more saucy scenes between the main pair, but that would have ruined the awesome ending you have here.
Shy-S chapter 10 . 2/26/2013
Wow!

I read 1-10. My eyes hurt to see the screen. But, it's paid by the well plot :'3
Dizzydodo chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
I read this years ago and I still drop by every now and again to glance over it.

I love this story!
DarkenedStar chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
'Just read the first chapter,' I had told myself. Two hours passed before I realized I was four chapters deep and there was simply no way of ever emerging back into the real world before I had read every last word.
This fic was a refreshing breath of unique plot concept, exquisite writing style, and the largest expanse of diction I have seen thus far in my 10 years on this site. This is a beautiful story and the way you described everything-from the magic to the raw passion-was wonderful and had me absorbed. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us!
nobleindeed chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
Gosh I can't tell you how much I love your writing, and this story in particular. I absolutely love the setting, and the magic that you've put in The Slumbering City. JEEZE and it's such a huge inspiration as well. I hope you keep writing, it's all so great :)
Illusions of Dreaming chapter 10 . 10/8/2012
awwwww C': I just finished this story in one day, and I read the improvement as the story grows 3 it's a beautiful story! Fluffy and romantic, I love Kenshin's possessiveness but even more, I love Kaoru's unrelenting spirit. I always thought Kaoru's a girl with a bit more oomph! in her, not one to be bossed around yet many tends to portray her as a weak pudding, pity-me-please kind of girl! I absolutely love this story xD thank you for writing this!
Tsukihimesama95 chapter 10 . 9/21/2012
Sugoi yo! i love your limes, you would do well writing a lemon(like a full KenKao lemon, details'n everything!) you are a beautiful writer and you display the scenes perfectly, i may make fanimations of this. Kyaaaaa! i love possessive Kenshin!
[swooning fangirl face] jaa ne, Indygo- san!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 10 . 7/31/2012