Reviews for The Slumbering City
This fic was awesome! Though there wasn't any smut( booo) nor would I classify it as a lemon or even give it an 'M'! It was too hilarious and very sensual! A truly enjoyable read! This fic goes to show you don't need smut or erotic scenes to write a truly amazing fic!
But it would have helped make it even juicier! ;-)
Thanks for a spectacular fic!
Rroxz chapter 10 . 6/19
This was a very nice fanfiction to read thank you for writing it
twistedforest chapter 10 . 5/23
I love this, your take on magic was so interesting and simple that it became very endearing. I think the only thing I have a pickle with is that Kaoru so obviously loves Kenshin but she ran because of her phobia, without any sort of plan for the future. But other than that (which isn't really a big deal anyway since this is your story and you did write it wonderfully), I loved it.
Yodeling Pickles chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
I wanted to let you know that I really liked this story. Are there any more that are similar to this on fanfiction?
teshichan chapter 10 . 10/24/2014
I love paranoid Kenshin. :) hihihi. Made me so giddy when he went all defensive and possessive of Kaoru.
I eapecially love your use of Koi. There are scenes where it really keeps me guessing on which one he means... Love, fish, come.
twinbuster2 chapter 10 . 8/20/2014
Oops, complete! My bad :)
twinbuster2 chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
Great story. Update soon
origamirulez chapter 10 . 7/5/2014
This...this, I love it! It's so cool. Very well written and i love the ending. You did AMAZING!
crazyforcanines chapter 5 . 6/11/2014
Not a flame! I hope I don't offend you with this comment, it is meant as constructive criticism. You are really an amazing writer.

That being said, I wish that there had been a warning for dubious consent in the beginning of the story. I wouldn't have touched this story if I had known the turn of the plot. I get awfully triggered by stalker-ish behavior and the way Kenshin is acting- using the soul-bond to ply Kaoru with his emotions, pushing close after she denies him, sealing a contract while she is in an unfit state to consent, chasing after her aggressively when she clearly wishes to leave... These actions are not really canon to Kenshin's character, moreover, they are genuinely frightening. I had to stop many times during reading and take a few minutes to calm myself down from fear and panic on Kaoru's behalf. It doesn't matter how much he thinks he loves her, his actions are causing Kaoru to actually physically run from him and he still pursues her without regard to her wishes or her safety. Speaking from experience, it is neither funny nor romantic to be treated in such ways, it is actually desperate and terrifying.

I'm stopping here on the fifth chapter because it is personally harmful to me to continue to read. Please include warnings for non-consensual or dubiously consensual activity for any such plots or scenes in your stories in the future.
Pamelawright chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
Great storytelling. Terrific use of setting and imagery. I will say that my only criticism is a systemic marginalization of most of your characters and their interactions, which unfortunately paint your story as young and your view of romance and relationships as under developed. Otherwise, I very much enjoyed your story, and look forward to seeing what you offer in the future.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/28/2014
One time I got a really short haircut and went to school, first day of 7th grade, and a friend whom I had known since I was 7 called me a boy. "Oh hey there dude nice jacket!" then he saw my face and went "you're not a boy." well yeah.
Lady Flourescent chapter 10 . 2/11/2014
One of the most adorable fan fiction I have ever read! You have the gift of humor and romance in writing that transmits to the readers readily. I had a very delightful time reading every paragraph and was anticipating what would happen next for each chapter. Thank you for sharing this story to us. It was a marvelous ride.
Anonia chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
Maybe it's because I'm reading this alone in the dark (after a zombie novel too), but for the first time this chapter really creeped me out. I've read this story quite a few times, and I know you haven't changed it, but I'm just now started to get chills reading this. It's still a great story, and i can't wait to finish it!
Lunardragon33 chapter 10 . 6/22/2013
you should add the wedding
xXthenextbookwormXx chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Jeez, everybody's reminding me of Robin McKinley this week. First somebody-or-other's Cursed (can't remember the author, plus I'm too lazy to check), then Ravyn's Little One (I can see why you were compared to Ravyn, it's the magic bonds, I think) and now this. See, one of the things McKinley will do with regularity is start at a point in time, before jumping back on a tangent, then eventually coming back to where she started. It does get a bit annoying, mostly because McKinley's tangents will be long enough that I forget where I started. Here, the beginning at the end thing is okay, I suppose, I just kinda fail to see the point. Why write a thing twice?

Also. Should I be ashamed that I'm reading something like this, if it was published when I was 10? I feel like there's something wrong with that... Oh well. I'm enjoying myself.