Reviews for The Slumbering City
xXthenextbookwormXx chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Jeez, everybody's reminding me of Robin McKinley this week. First somebody-or-other's Cursed (can't remember the author, plus I'm too lazy to check), then Ravyn's Little One (I can see why you were compared to Ravyn, it's the magic bonds, I think) and now this. See, one of the things McKinley will do with regularity is start at a point in time, before jumping back on a tangent, then eventually coming back to where she started. It does get a bit annoying, mostly because McKinley's tangents will be long enough that I forget where I started. Here, the beginning at the end thing is okay, I suppose, I just kinda fail to see the point. Why write a thing twice?

Also. Should I be ashamed that I'm reading something like this, if it was published when I was 10? I feel like there's something wrong with that... Oh well. I'm enjoying myself.
JMai chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
I can't believe I read this very story 6 years ago and here I am again to reread it after all those years. Despite having read this fic before, I couldn't help but be drawn straight back into the world you created and have spent my entire day marathoning this from start to finish. All I have to say is, I still loved it as much as I did the first time I stumbled across The Slumbering City )

I hope you are doing well, and perhaps I may see you again in a few years time.
Minirowan chapter 10 . 5/4/2013
I really like this story! To be honest though, I did find Kenshin a bit OOC. I was expecting more of the mild mannered Kenshin with brief bursts of his Battousai personality. But, I didn't mind much since this is AU. I still love the personalities and characterization you've done for everyone here; Kaoru especially was rather hilarious on multiple occasions.

Anyway, I find the back story really interesting and it would have been great if this were a story with a longer plot. Something like the terrorists are still free and kidnap Kaoru to get to Kenshin. Still, this is just as good as a short story. I do have to admit I expected more saucy scenes between the main pair, but that would have ruined the awesome ending you have here.
Shy-S chapter 10 . 2/26/2013
Wow!

I read 1-10. My eyes hurt to see the screen. But, it's paid by the well plot :'3
Dizzydodo chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
I read this years ago and I still drop by every now and again to glance over it.

I love this story!
DarkenedStar chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
'Just read the first chapter,' I had told myself. Two hours passed before I realized I was four chapters deep and there was simply no way of ever emerging back into the real world before I had read every last word.
This fic was a refreshing breath of unique plot concept, exquisite writing style, and the largest expanse of diction I have seen thus far in my 10 years on this site. This is a beautiful story and the way you described everything-from the magic to the raw passion-was wonderful and had me absorbed. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us!
nobleindeed chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
Gosh I can't tell you how much I love your writing, and this story in particular. I absolutely love the setting, and the magic that you've put in The Slumbering City. JEEZE and it's such a huge inspiration as well. I hope you keep writing, it's all so great :)
Illusions of Dreaming chapter 10 . 10/8/2012
awwwww C': I just finished this story in one day, and I read the improvement as the story grows 3 it's a beautiful story! Fluffy and romantic, I love Kenshin's possessiveness but even more, I love Kaoru's unrelenting spirit. I always thought Kaoru's a girl with a bit more oomph! in her, not one to be bossed around yet many tends to portray her as a weak pudding, pity-me-please kind of girl! I absolutely love this story xD thank you for writing this!
Lunyhime95 chapter 10 . 9/21/2012
Sugoi yo! i love your limes, you would do well writing a lemon(like a full KenKao lemon, details'n everything!) you are a beautiful writer and you display the scenes perfectly, i may make fanimations of this. Kyaaaaa! i love possessive Kenshin!
[swooning fangirl face] jaa ne, Indygo- san!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 10 . 7/31/2012
*applauds*
BiblioMatsuri chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
Kaoru's interactions with Sano are hilarious.

This is a really interesting story. The setting is a modern AU with a twist, and a very intriguing twist it is. I'm not just saying that because I'm addicted to fantasy stories. Really.

What is the cause of her phobia? On to the next chapter!
Mystic Dewdrop chapter 10 . 4/18/2012
Awesome 3 Definitely going in my favorites list~
Child Of Dreamz chapter 10 . 1/19/2012
In all honesty I read this last night and was to tried to leave a review so I came back today!

I love this story it is so well thought out with the meaning of koi and everything about the city it's hard not to love! The fact is this is the first Rurouni Kenshin FanFiction I have ever read and it is on the top of my list of FanFiction that I like. I have read this once before, but it was when I was to shy to leave a review which made me feel bad so I wanted to read it again and leave a review. The problem was despite how much I liked it for some reason it didn't end up in my favorites section on here. I spent several hours trying to find this fanfiction because I couldn't remember the name of it. Finally I got lucky with a google search and literately squee'ed when I found it. It is now safely in my favorites list so I can read it again :3
Rose chapter 10 . 11/17/2011
A sweet and short story that is pleasantly amusing and heart-warming. While beautiful in its current form this story has a wide potential for substantial intrigue, romance, and fantasy woven in the unique universe you created and it is saddening that not much detail was given more into this fascinating world you introduced.
Aura Jade chapter 10 . 6/19/2011