Reviews for What is Right: Year One
CursesRevenge chapter 19 . 4/9
This story is so amazing. Just plain, doggone INCREDIBLE. Some of the commenters are absolute monsters, and I am genuinely sorry that those kind of trolls are interacting with your stories. I’m sure that some of the people aren’t trying to be creepy or hurtful, but it can come across as being that way and they should try to be nicer. The whole “if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all” philosophy. You are one of the best writers on , and your writing style is far more smooth and visually appealing than a LOT of the published works I’ve read.
Never give up hope, abandon your dreams, or pay attention to the monsters. Constructive criticism is fine, but not the ruthless screeching that’s poisoning the comments section.
Have a lovely week, and keep doing what you love! ️
Guest chapter 8 . 12/15/2023
another rebirth story where there is only pain, angst, and memories not being able to be kept with even occlumency. No revenge taken by hero. No lesson learnt by his original life. He still uses stunners. Not a good story
Millie072 chapter 6 . 9/4/2023
What do I think? A well written deftly plotted story I haven't read yet. Hooray! Not a new author, a new story. This Harry is realistic enough to slip up occasionally and able to hide it with a believable reason. He is smart enough to build a different persona than the BWL that is expected. Deciding to make Snape an ally might have been the smartest thing he could do. Great story. Thank you.
ApatheticEntity chapter 14 . 8/25/2023
I’m very quickly coming to hate this story
ApatheticEntity chapter 13 . 8/25/2023
I knew that snape was going to do that but it still pisses me off. What a complete violation of trust. I honestly can’t stand when stories constantly allow characters to berate, blackmail, and otherwise betray trusts of the main character because ‘they’re worried about him’.
aGnamZer0 chapter 19 . 6/26/2023
I wonder if Dumbledore is really ignorant (doubtful) or if he actively hides the information about Harry's years of abuse (most likely to shape him into the perfect martyr).

While I understand the want to have something solely to him, wouldn't it be more comfortable to go crash to Grimmauld Place? It does need some freshing up, but besides that it's spacious, secured behind heavy wards and has a large library.

aGnamZer0 chapter 18 . 6/26/2023
Huh... Not out of his own abilities (we can thank Fawkes and the Centaurs), but Harry did manage to avoid getting kidnapped and got the advantage over Voldemort. It should count I guess.

Harry complaining to Remus that his dad is grounding him. So cute!

That being said, I agree with him. It's unfair that the professors (read here Snape) only worry about him now that he's twenty and never bothered to when he was actually eleven.

aGnamZer0 chapter 17 . 6/26/2023
Smeltings, huh? Don't tell me Remus is tutoring Dudley? I mean, he would have figured by now who he is for Harry, right? Right?!

Wow! Severus is totally becoming an overprotective dad, constantly watching over Harry. It's so cute! And bergh, cute in relation to Severus, where's the world heading to?

Harry's starting to slack, indeed. For him to be taken down unaware like that, it's quite disappointing considering the length of his training.

aGnamZer0 chapter 16 . 6/26/2023
If Ron is reacting weirdly, it maybe means he's under Quirrellmore's imperius or something, no?

Level 2 and 3 restricted spells, huh? I wonder what organization are those who trained Harry from. Definitely not the Order and certainly not Aurors. If I had to bet, I'd say Hit Wizards or most likely, Unspeakables.

Didn't expect Harry to tell EVERYTHING to Remus. Remus is one of the characters I dislike the most in Harry Potter (though, ironically, his son Teddy is one of my very favorites even if I never read the epilogue).

aGnamZer0 chapter 15 . 6/26/2023
Looks like I read the situation correctly in chapter thirteen, perfectly even. I wonder how they changed his training after those revelations.

So Fawkes the one behing this assemblee? I wonder how Dumbledore would react if he knew just how much power his partner has in the creatures community.

Anyway, looks like Harry's not that highly seen by creatures, but rather they came due to the Centaurs insistence.

aGnamZer0 chapter 14 . 6/26/2023
Well... it was a very– unconventional, chapter! I loved it!

It was original, fascinating, built upon the lore of Harry Potter since the magical creatures have almost no role to play in the story and impressed upon us just how different their magics are from wizards.

That being said, there is one, two actually, points I have difficulties accepting.

The first is that half-creatures (and by that, I mean creatures who are both wizards or witches and creatures, like werewolves or veela) know about Harry's conditions. While their creature half will feel compelled to help Harry, there is no certainty their wixen half will do the same. Would Fenrir Greyback keep that kind of information to himself? And well, I just don't like the idea of Remus knowing or Fleur if he ever meets her.

The second point is that creatures who are obviously not on Harry's side (Greyback again and even the dementors) decided to help him. That means this title of 'Chosen One' must really have a huge weight. It would also explain why the Goblins helped him so much despite not particularly liking him the first time around.

Anyway, it was all around a very intriguing moment.

I'm glad Harry is finally free from his nightly and even sometimes daily dreams, nightmares, memories, flashbacks and fight-or-flight reactions.

aGnamZer0 chapter 13 . 6/26/2023
« Yes, the training had been useful and had saved a great many lives (including his own), but the method of instruction left a great deal to be desired. After his teacher had discovered a few things about Harry's past and family, well, he had tried to change and make amends, but the damage had been done. »

I'm starting to wonder who his teacher actually was. Initially, I thought it was Mad Eye (with some help from Severus), but I'm more and more convinced he's an OC of yours. I wonder what's his backstory. Clearly, he thought Harry had been pampered during his youth and thus used rough and callous methods to train him and realized too late that he has been abused and suffered yearly lethal dangers in school and so, his way of handling Harry only damaged him. Am I right to read that line this way?

House elves are truly underestimated by everyone, huh? The ease with which they popped Harry in the bathroom and restrained him could have allowed them to fell any wizard within their domain of juridiction.

Harry's tryly a flying genius, no matter what kind of broom he uses.

Still, it's funny how many people successfully spied him when he's supposed to have an highly sensitive awareness.

Severus got all soft for Harry. His teenage self would have been apalled that he cares for any offspring of James Potter. XD He's truly grown a lot in a short amount of time.

Thanks god Severus stopped Harry from quitting the room during their session or I fear their relationship would have been strained beyond repair and Harry wouldn't have ever come back to their private lessons.

Plus, he truly showed Harry how much he cares and that he just wants to help.

aGnamZer0 chapter 12 . 6/26/2023
Oh, so Harry made an error in his nutrition regiment. Not surprising, he's no nutritionist. I know I wouldn't be able to create a special diet according to specific requirements.

Severus is right. It's suprising Dumbledore didn't act immediately to get Sirius out of Azkaban. Merlin knows he has the political power to.

« He mentioned that he would leave the castle at Christmas. He left the castle and went to the Malfoys. He even predicted my needing a headache potion that one session, even when no sign of migraine had shown up. »

WTF?! He clearly didn't predict leaving the castle at Christmas with how shocked he was at Dumbledore's ultimatum. And the bit about the headache is even weirder since he wouldn't have remembered something like that from the future (if he even witnessed it to begin with). I'm starting to think his excuse about being a seer... well, maybe he's truly one! Maybe the fact so many people truly started BELIEVING he's a Seer made him one through magic. Magic is weird like that.

aGnamZer0 chapter 11 . 6/26/2023
So Harry surrendered. What a foolish notion. He should know Voldemort can't be trusted. Sigh...

*short contemplating time* Huh... Maybe he didn't surrender after all. I remember in a previous chapter, he was overwhelmed by a huge wave of Death Eaters in Grimmauld Place and forcibly taken away.

Anyway, I do wonder if Mad Eye managed in making Harry a killer. Killing in a war is very different from just murder after all. Still, people are sure gonna get worry if Harry say terrible things like being forced to become a killer.

I wonder how long it'll take the twins to realize Harry's the one who got one over them.

This seer idea was truly a stroke of genius. Now he may be able to free Sirius by the end of the year, and have two more choices of living accomodation besides the Dursley (the Malfoys, even if I doubt Harry would seriously consider it and Sirius).

aGnamZer0 chapter 10 . 6/26/2023
I didn't think books describing the creation of were common enough for the Malfoy to have one laying around their library.

But well, it's not that surprising either coming from old families. The Blackd definitely have one, if not several of them (though even them must find it so disgusting I doubt any Black would use such magic).

A Pensieve, huh? It's a risky gamble Harry's gonna do. If he wants to place his memories inside to not be haunted by them anymore, there's the risk someone may stumble upon them. I wouldn't take it.

I loved Harry's time at the Hospital, reading books to children and Natale. It was adorable and I feel it helped cleanse his heart and mind somewhat.

Still, it's surprising he's not ashamed of his teddy bear. I'm glad he still allows himself such childish actions.

3,805 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »