Reviews for For the Love of a Winchester
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 8/28
Great story!
MoonlitShadowsoftheHumanSoul chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This was beautiful in every aspect. I found nothing wrong
Linda chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Me again. :) I have really discovered your stories, and am now reading them one by one. You write truly beautifully about best beloved Dean. :)
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Okay, you want me to be honest? Completely-utterly-insanely honest?

Because I review in no other form than honesty...I will tell you that what I just read...was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. Let me tell you why. First off, this being your first story, that' darn good (and you were definitely too hard on yourself. I've read stories where it's the author's 5th or 10th story in a fandom and it was just tacky and weird, so well done to you for nailing it on your 1st try!)

Anyways, I love stories that make you "aw" then make you teary-eyed, then make you "aw", then make you teary-eyed, then make you "aw"...get the picture? This story did JUST that for me. Oh, that part about Sam wondering if *everyone* else had a mommy...that killed me- really, one of the saddest Sammy lines in reference to his mom I've ever read (and that's a good thing. Sademotionalgood writing in my book!)

Oh, real quick, I feel it important to quote these lines:

"From the time he was old enough to understand what their lives were going to be, Dean had been taught to protect his brother, until he stopped needing to be told, until it became simply a part of what he did every day, like breathing—a part of who he was."

That was great character insight, very true to belief and SO sweetly Dean.

All right, now, can I just say that the last got me, it really got me...I don't know what I mean by that, but whatever I mean- it's definitely good. I'm always impressed when the last line of a story can leave a lingering feeling that just sticks with you, it's just so all-encompassing and powerful in one little line, and yeah. That was fantastic. Loved it.

Oh, so you wanted something constructive? about: Write more! _ I look foward to reading the companion piece to this, as well as much more of your work. My best advice is believe in yourself, don't hold yourself back...because you have potential.

~*Silver Kitten*~
RosietheMoogle chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Nightarcher210 chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Wow, that was really good. Don't worry about not knowing the dates and stuff- no one really does.
Catie-brie chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
As you well know, this is my first time reading a Supernatural story, and to say the least, I really, really liked this story. It was short, sweet and, in my opinion, it was put together in an understandable and practical way.

Anyways it was a very enjoyable story, and I'll definitely be at your next oneb

Pixel-0 chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
You're writing Supernatural fics now! *grins* Welcome to the club, we're all so hopelessly addicted...

You're way too hard on yourself, hun. For being your first Supernatural fic, this was really good. I liked the repeating lines you added in the beginning for effect. You repeat them all with the "It was the time..." and then you come in with "Save for Sammy." That really was a nice little punch there.

I thought the vignette was really good, as I've already said, and I wouldn't just say that "just because." My favorite little part was with Sam and Dean as children, and Sam learning that his mother wasn't going to come back. This line: “That’s her, Sammy. That’s our mom.” just made me go "Aww..."

Keep writing, of course, because it's a good idea! You really got it! :)

Duffster21 chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
very good very good indeed

bravo bravo

and i think the ages you picked were fine

so i got no critisism here u did perfectly on your own
pmsdevil01 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
i loved it it was so sweet.
SeaWave2009 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
"...this is my first Supernatural fic, so it pretty much sucks..." - you're way too hard on yourself. I liked the vignette approach alot, and enjoyed the ones from your imagination better than those based on what we know from canon. Absolutely keep writing - regardless of what anyone says!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Very cool. You sold yourself short. Catch ya on the flip side.
Angel Baby1 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
"Of *course* angels existed. Didn’t Dean see one living inside his brother every day?"

...*Aw*. That's the cutest Dean line I've ever read. It's so perfect! I just adore this-it's wonderful! I don't know if you've written for this series before but you really should consider writing for it again. You've hit the nail on the head, as they say! Perfectly done, you were 100% in-character, I think. It was a real joy to read! I loved every bit of it. Bravo!

It's just so *cute*!
ripopenreality chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Okay, so, I loved it! I love little Sammy and Dean. They're so cute! Anyway, great fic!
Eternal Dragon101 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
I really liked this story. It was well-written and I just loved reading it. An overall good story. Keep up the great work.

Flames Out