Reviews for The Longest Night
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
That was really good, I love how you do the teen boys and Dad, it's just awesome:)
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
That was great, I loved it!
Sensue chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Hiya. Just letting you know that you won a couple of awards at the Supernatural Fanfiction Awards. Third Place: Best Story. and Chick Flick Moment (best angst).

To pick them up:

By the way, I don't think I reviewed your story. (Kicking myself.) I've literally read this story at least ten times. It's incredibly touching and sweet. Little Sam is adorable and so is Dean! John is actually being a good father and is taken back to a time when hunting that demon wasn't the most important thing in the world. It's very touching! Loved it alot.
chocca2 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
wow that was really sweet, what a great story, well done!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Can I have more please! This story somehow unified John Winchester to his sons, made him seem more human, more compassionate about them that is not shown enough in the show. Holding on to his boys as they slept against him, battling to keep Dean well, was just brilliantly done. Thanks for a seriously good read.
Nat1 chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Oh wow!

I'm so sucked into this fandom right now and in particular, I'm loving fics about the boys as kids...

This is by far one of the best I've read! I can totally see it, both of them curled around John as he silently festers over not being able to fight the big bad.

I've never seen John as a bad father, or a particularly absent one... And this was portrayed beautifully by you, especially the touching of Sam's face and his angst over having to hold Dean in the cold water. *sigh*

I like that you also showed the brothers devotion to each other, Sam getting into the tub even though you can FEEL that he wants to pull Dean out and stop him from hurting. And that Dean would listen to him, trust his voice over his fathers voice (a foreshadowing of whats to come maybe?).

Most of all I liked that it showed them as a family. Theres not enough fic out there.

Plus, Hurt!Dean... Cant go wrong :)

Thanks!
HoofsTails Gal chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Oh my goodness. that was so amazing and symbolic. Several sections stick with me for a very long time...

" It would have broken another man; a man who might believe that giving in for the sake of a son’s love was worth the risk. John knew better, but it still twisted his soul hearing the agony in Dean’s voice."

And

"John missed his solid weight as soon as he shifted; already he felt unbalanced."

Both of them seem so symbolic in many different ways. I don't know if you intended to do that, but you did and I think that's wonderful. Great story. I shall read more.

Tah

HoofsTails Gal
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Wow, really good story! It made me think of John differently-I really hate him not checking on the boys in the series, especially after "Faith". But here he's actually a sympathetic character. Thanks for sharing this, and have a great day :)
ashlyns chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Awesome, so cute and so well written. be proud of yourself. i love it!
teal-lover chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
this was a really good story. I loved johns panicking fears here. and it was just so sweet when sammy climbed in the water with him. so much angst. loved it. i am curious to know what was wrong with dean, though
Jellicle chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
That was incredibly lovely. I wish they show something like that as a flashback on the show. John being a caring and worried father, and working with Sam to help Dean against a non supernatural enemy.

Loved it.
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Very nice work, and great Hurt!Dean plot :)
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Aw. So sweet. I know, I know, 'Sweet? How?' But just the fact that John's doing the best he can for his boys. What can I say? I just can't hate the man. Catch ya on the flip side.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006