Reviews for Fifty Ways
genevieves15 chapter 1 . 1/29/2017
I remember the first time I read this. It was a few years ago and to be honest I overlooked it, not because it was poorly written or anything, but because I was more interested in Harry and Cho fanfics. Now that I'm rereading this, I feel like I didn't appreciate this story for what it was back then. This is an amazing work that manages to tell us so much about Cho and her story outside of Harry's perspective. You've given her a voice and shared much an important part of her life in a very beautiful way. Thank you so much!
lead me to salvation chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
This is gorgeous and so well thought out - such a perfectly simple, sad ending. Lovely.
ochreish chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
So many thoughts and feelings about this story. Firstly, thank you for this:

"They are sisters underneath the same golden skin, with thick black hair and eyes like questions – Su Li tells her how people used to ask her where her eyelids were, and Cho laughs and remembers the curious, guarded way people would look at her.
As if she was a exotic animal who had learned how to speak."

Not to be overbearing, but I've had a hard time lately being one of the only Asians in my neighbourhood. I didn't realise I was crying until I had reached the last line. It was all so touching and painfully real for me to read. Anyway, thank you.

I also want to praise the last line, which was heart wrenching. Your writing, the flow had me holding my breath the entire time. And the last line left me with a sigh. If only things could have turned out differently. A lot of Harry Potter fans find Cho irritating, but your take on her character makes it nigh impossible.

Much love.

-emm.
Arendil chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Awwwww. I really liked that :)
straw8erries chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
oh, this was just perfect. you really did
succeed in capturing cho and cedric's
characters. twenty five and fifty broke
my heart.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Oh my gosh - this was beautiful. You managed to craft such a fleshed-out, thorough picture of their relationship in so few snippets...so much so that the ending was just killer. Well done - seriously.
DecoyDream chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
I adore the structure of this story and how well written it is! It was sad knowing from the start that it was going to end badly and the abrupt last sentence definitely heightened the sense of sadness at his death. Anyway, i really enjoyed this story and in particular the characterization of Cedric and Cho (who is not overtly giggly, thank goodness!)

- DecoyDream :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Beautifully written. Keep writing
Sango's Counterpart chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
This was brilliant. I can't get over how beautifully you characterized Cedric and Cho, perhaps better than any other fanfiction I've ever read.

I also commend the fact that you really know your Harry Potter universe. Your inclusion of Cho's fellow Ravenclaws was very well-written and I'm impressed that you even wrote Su Li into the fanfiction. Another favorite moment was Cedric and Cho looking at the swans and making their silent promise. Was this an intentional tie-in to Cho's corporeal patronus being a swan? If so, that's really beautiful. I also liked how you tied in Cho's love for Autumn with her noticing the bit of leaf in Cedric's hair.

Clearly, I loved this so much that I can go on for ages about how well-written it is and how for me, this is the penultimate Cedric/Cho story. But let's just say that I have decided that the events you wrote are completely canon. It's that wonderful!
bullet.sophia chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
The last part seriously almost made me cry. good job! I wish cedric was still alive for cho!

I love it!
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
omg... I loved it, absolutely adored it. :)
msllamalover chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Dear, sweet, wonderful Merlin. All Cedric/Cho should be like this. The characterisations were wonderful, the build-up to their relationship. I loved the natural way they were together and the dynamic of their relationship. I also loved Cho's first kiss with Terry and their friendship (I'd quite like to think that it was him in the last one, telling her not to look) was really great. Completely and utterly lovely and perfect, so I'm obviously favouriting!
broken and forgotten chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Omg, I love this story. Its sweet, and sad, especially no. 50 :'(
Titou Moony chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
beautiful story... ive always liked this couple but you make them even more charming...thanks
openwindow chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
wow this is so impressive! i really love the last 3 - the one about madame puddifoot explains a lot and the last one it just heartbreakingly abrupt. but not in a bad way, if you know what i mean?
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »