Reviews for Not Tom Riddle, Not Yet The Dark Lord
SeaTurtle77 chapter 13 . 7/11
African-European. Reina Barnswell is African-European, not African-American.
Gal chapter 16 . 3/16
Fast paced, but nice~
karmamaria92 chapter 16 . 12/27/2015
Hi, Ella! I've also read some other of your stories, but this is my favourite. It's closer to my taste, concerning fan fiction-I dont like characters' personalitites to be altered and consequently their actions to be something my childhood heroes wouldnt do. Plus, I found it constructed in a better, more stable way than the other staff I've read from your 'library".
I'd like to be more specific now, so the feedback is truly feedback:) It was hard for me to, at first, to relate to Hermione's being attracted to Voldemort, because we all know what he's done and my stomach would go all funky. So, there was something that I felt was wrong there, but then you kept on showing how traumatized she was, with all the images coming back to her again and again, with all of her grief, and you helped me believe in Hermione more(You did a good job describing all those feelings and images, especially for someone that hasnt lived war-I guessed that because i can still see innocence in your writing. So good job! It's not easy to do that). She kept on trying to think that he wasnt Voldemort yet, so she could let her guards down and succeed what she was sent for, though I couldnt do it. I mean, I still saw the bad Voldemort and I couldnt let go. But then, I had to "grow up" alongside with hermione and truly understand that he indeed wasn't Voldemort.
Next was how easily he had turned good. He had already killed 4 people, when Hermione got there, how could he change in a couple of days? Someone could say, it was because he had never received tenderness and care, so when they came he completely opened himself to them. But still, beign able to kill not only one person, but 4, makes it hard to imagine that that guy was so easy to change. Especially at a point, i thought you had a plan in your mind-for example that they a had a special/magical connection(something like a prophecy connectting them by fate, as he could sense her mentally screaming for his help)but it proved there was not such thing. I wasnt exactly dissapoited, but there was just a blank there that was never filled.
Now, as I've mentioned before, I've read 3,4 more of your stories and I find the same fault-this my personal opinio, I hope you're okay with it. That is how easy you make your characters tell they love someone. Maybe it doesnt fit to the picture, for me, because there are 2 different words used to say "I love you", meaning: I care deeply about you(it's the selfless love, where you have to get to know the other person in so many aspects to be able to love them-and it's not romantic)and then, I'm falling for you/I'm in love with you(which is clear what it means). So, it felt aw you used the first one, by choosing the phrase "I love her" instead of "I'm falling for her". It shows some kind of immaturity, which I dont think you intended to give to your characters(remember how we used to say "Troy loves Nina!" in kindergarden or secondary school? Just that kind of immaturity). Moreover, maybe, it doednt fit to the picture, because I've once fallen in love and it took time, not such a little time-I'm talking about this story now-as a couple of days. Someone, here, could say "it was love at first sight", but then again, how an evil teenager with so much hatred inside could fall so easily for just a mystery-that's another part i thought you had that magical connection in mind. So, I'd advice you to choose those 2 words carefully or to give time to your characters until they say any of them.
I really loved the fact you used so many spells-even though it was kind of difficult to see the Hermione that had been fighting with Bellatrix over an hour, not being able to protect herself with Rosier or being so afraid of him-and you really brought them to Hogwarts and not just use the name to make as imagine them there-as some other fanfiction I've read. I also liked how you shaped Tom-apart from what I said above-the confident but not cocky guy, the knowledge-lover, the elegance. He was indeed veeeery attractive! And I enjoyed the end very much! You had an explanation for everything-even if a couple werent that strong, I appreciated the effort-and how casually you showed them live after. You didnt mention too many things that would cloud the whole image-such as a lot of interaction with Harry and the gang or their wedding-and I looooved all of them being alive and well-it was the dream come true for every HP-lover, so thank you. You're good and it shows how much you ove writing, so keep on doing waht you love. Again, thank you for such a nice story. I'll keep it in heart, because of it's originality and structure.
PS: Please, explain to me: why do all fanficts end with weddings? They're so young! xD
L chapter 16 . 10/30/2015
You have amazing wrighting. I was on the edge of my seat, breathless with fear, heart pounding story.
cj chapter 16 . 9/14/2015
Very good book. WARNING: DO NOT READ THE AUTHOR NOTES THEY GIVE AWAY TOO MUCH
ReginaFilangie chapter 16 . 7/31/2015
I have to say, when I first saw this, I thought it was crazy but omg this was so good I started thinking up of my own story with this pairing! Awesome job
Comic Critic chapter 16 . 7/3/2015
IT'S SO FLUFFY! It was like reading a marshmallow or cotton candy! The fluff is real!
KKgirlliz chapter 16 . 6/7/2015
Another amazing book! Off to read Magnetic Attraction now! Also, I suggest you read What the Room Requires. It's really good. It's Dramione, BTW
Gabby0515 chapter 16 . 4/22/2015
I liked it. Which is surprising. I usually don't go for the nice and fluffy Voldemort. It's just TO unbelievable to me.
CaitiKat chapter 10 . 3/20/2015
Oh God! That's even worse than me having to explain the 69 joke to a girl in my year!
Guest chapter 16 . 3/5/2015
:-)
moonlight10060 chapter 3 . 10/21/2014
Because of that and just because of that I am abandoning this story.
I like it and I think you have great potential, you just need more practice.
Until then.
Moonlight
moonlight10060 chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Armando Dippet, with double p.
And I'm not sure that magicked is a word, and apparently, so does my corrector.
whirlwind chapter 6 . 8/16/2014
I have to say, that seducing Voldemort part made me laugh a little harder than I should have.
ibuzoo chapter 16 . 5/20/2014
I'm not much of a fluffy Tom type, but i really liked your writing style. Thanks for the great read.