Reviews for The Gift
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
oh, i just loved that last line: "What she doesn't see is the brief touch he presses with a thumb to his still damp lips, and the deep, slow smile that is left burning at the corners of his eyes."

You write beautifully and very, very well. :)
Karma's Pet chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
i like! that's all i have to say. i like!
Flannery Chalke chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
So many chuckle moments. This was so much fun to read.
anonymous chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
I love your Mal/River pieces. Especially loved how River can "snap into sobriety"- I love a writer who's not afraid of exploring River's powers, even just a little bit. Also the kisses- and then how she leaves it at that. Just... wonderful!
Donna Lynn chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Alcohol is great for loosening up!
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
I have to say, I'm not at all a fan of LR fics. Not because of the pairing, necessarily...given the right circumstances, I could see something happening between the two of them. However...most fics about them are just written in a way that makes me cringe and the relationship just feels...wrong. This is the first one I've read that seemed to fit. Though I did wonder where Inara was (I think, honestly, that something would have to happen to come between her and Mal before he could move onto another relationship) I actually enjoyed this piece very much. Excellent work. :)
Transgenic-girl chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Loved your story. Poor River, Simon and Kaylee stole her thunder, that's pretty screwed up.
Joel Ellis chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
So where is Inara in all of this?
sister-maynard chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Excellent! You've done an brilliant job with the characterizations, carefully keeping the people in their canon personalities (the line about tears was particularly good.) I like the way you played up the tension between them and left suspense about their future rather than just going to badly written sex as most authors would do. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Good Firefly fics are all too rare.