Reviews for Sticks and Stones
tlcplusp chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
Aww. That's sweet. Impractical, but the sweetness more than makes up for that. (*Why* does L have to be so OLD?)

L would be the type to worry more about ants than getting stoned. But whatever happened to 'once is once?' Oh! Maybe light taught it to him! :D
Magentian chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Oh, God, that's right. It's exactly, exactly right.

To call this AU, when everything from narration to symbolism to each small specific detail is so perfectly true in the essence of what's portrayed... it's a shame that's the case. This fic is almost more real to me than all the beautiful interplay of the series.

L's quiet differentness? Gorgeous. Light's playground justice? Brilliant. The ants and their patterns and the concept of the two boys meeting and watching and studying each other. It was all just so flawless.

I'm speechless with admiration. This was so fitting. Just... incredible. Be my friend? XD
Itallia chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
An interesting concept. I wonder if they could have saved each other had they met at an early age like this. By the time they met, too much was set in stone for either of them to give.
Enma Ai chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
very cute
aditou chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Oh, man. Really beautiful. I love your writing style.
scelerus animus chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Hmm, I know I read this awhile ago but for the life of me can't remember why I didn't review... ah well. XD I definitely enjoyed this, a lovely blend of a very unique, original idea and wonderful charaterizations. Besides, chibi!L and chibi!Raito leave such a cute image in my mind. XD

~scelerus animus~

Growing Pain chapter 1 . 7/5/2006

I quite like this a lot, I have to say. The scenario of them as meeting while in their younger years have only been something I've stumlbed upon once or twice before, but this one was definitely the best! :D The text flows so nicely, and the characterisation is wonderful, and so is the language you use. Loved it! :D
Kokis chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Awh. So insanely cute!

Really good descriptions of them. And kids with insects really ARE cute! Especially ants.

I cant really put words on it but I liked it and I liked it a lot. :)
Tsurai Shi chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Ooh! I like this fic! I wish it wasn't complete, 'cause then you could continue it for when L and Raito are older. *pout*

Sugoi story!

Rena chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
this is really nicely written and I like the concept of them meeting when they were kids, it's nice. The part of the ants is beautiful and the italics give it really mysterious look. Not like other fics. This is a great little fic!
Ayakashi chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
I really liked this! XD It was very interestng how Raito and L interacted, they were both in character and I loved how well you wrote it. Even as children Raito had his corrupting sense of pride and justice, and L was always so... odd. Anyway, good job! This was really well done.
Maedhros chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
I found the narration of L very in character and depthful, going into L's fasination with ants. I think you are right (via Raito) -L probably does know some secrets about them, were that he would share them. I love how you portray L as a misunderstood social outcast, it really added flavor to the story. And let's not forget about Raito -great job showing him acting "righteous" and at the same time added a glimpse of his future reasoning toward justice.
25queen chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
I really liked this little story. Your style flows so effortlessly! Not to mention your characterizations of L and Raito are perfect. It's amazing to me how quickly small children will make friends ...
Llamachick chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Aww that was cute!
sakura-dream chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I really liked this, a little peek at what they might have been like as kids and how they both had this very simple sort of innocencematurity.

one of these days somebody's gotta write an AU fic like this, because a one-shot just leaves you wanting more.