Reviews for Luck From The Ashes
adrinkcalled chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I loved this very much!

I think it's very well placed in time and setting; and the interaction between Aragorn and Faramir is wonderfully portrayed, from top to bottom - both a little unsure of how they would be perceived and of how they percieved the other, and noticing all manner of new things about the other.

It sounds very real and plausible, and that's what I love most about it - it flows very easily, is very natural.

And it was woderful how you used the old tale of Queen Beruthiel to show an ordinary day in the King and Steward's early days, and how even this helped ciment their relationship - from the dark days come the lighter.

Very well done!
Arahiril chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Totally original and very well-written. I loved Aragorn mentioning the tales of Faramir's mastery of his horse. I always loved that part in the books. Well done!
Narnian Sprite chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Absolutely wonderful! I have warm fuzzies now, thanks to your delightful fic! It was very original and well written, very well done!
lucidity chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I loved this! It seems just like Faramir to be a lover of strays.

It was wonderful how he was able to calm the mother cat. I would've been , and have been, a bloody pulp.

I love your choice of words. This is my favorite line. "But the grey one has a wild, untamed, look to it, like unto the Northern Dúnedain and their chieftain.” It's obvious that Faramir is a deep thinker and that he is a learned man.

Thanks for posting!
Radbooks chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I'm glad that you posted this here so that I could enjoy it again! Very nicely done.
LadyBranwyn chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Tolkien has little good to say about cats, and one suspects that he was an ailurophobe. In this story, fortunately, Aragorn and Faramir show more wisdom than their creator. I liked the details of the necessary cleanup and repair in the Hallows. Faramir returning to the House of the Stewards after the end of the War is a recurring theme in fanfic, but this is probably the first cheerful, positive story about the event! Faramir's fear of disappointing his new king and friend is very touching. And of course I love the adorable mom-cat and baby kitten action!
Aelaer chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
This story was really touching! I love seeing stories in which the King and Steward interact... not enough of them, I think. Very, very nice!
Julia chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
A very good story! The cats were cute, and I liked the way the former Ranger-turned-King had to be cautioned from being the first to investigate a potentially dangerous situation.
ithiliengirl108 chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
aw... I liked that. I love cats! (and Faramir) Oh, you didn't read that!
Elwing-Evenstar chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
That was neat! Great concept!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
This story is an absolute gem and is going straight on my favourites a lover of Aragorn,Faramir and cats,it is an ideal combination !

I love the way you use the cats to show the growing friendship between Aragorn and Faramir and help them learn a little more about each other.

I felt for poor Faramir fearing he would be reprimanded for taking time over the strays.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2