Reviews for Lingering
Carottal chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Smile inducing, that's what this fic is. I thought I'd be sad while reading it, BoB's airplane wouldn't have helped. But no. I smiled lightly in the end because Mello is stating he is here to replace L in his quest, and to let L go.

I want to think Mello did visit L's grave at some point, and that Matt (it was strange reading "Mat" during the whole fic) was there too. And that Near went at some point too.
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Sad. I've seen a lot of 'Raito-visiting-L's-grave' fics, but none with Mello. I think his reaction was very much like him. You wrote it well.
Maya-Nee chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Beautiful!

It made me very sad :(

But that was the idea, right? xD
TawakeNix chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
Well written, nice (WHY DID L HAVE TO DIE?)
Fairyfae chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
I like how your fic demonstrates Mello's somewhat more impulsive manner. Near would be much more cautious in approaching anything that might suggest who and what he was while Mello can more easily express his emotions. You did a wonderful job with a novel concept. Thanks for the good one-shot.
Maedhros chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
The idea of Mello vising L's grave is an intriguing one, very rare (never saw it done in fact) and also very captivating! As you said via Mello about L, I quite readily agree, “You did all those things… risked your life for the sake of people you never knew ... and now nobody even knows who you are… were…” Sometimes it makes me wonder where does L's motivation to help others come from, what a guy. I also love your narration of Mello, there's no one spot of OC in him, it's Mello 100%! lol. [When Mello and Near first came out in the series, I was a little reluctant to acknowledge them (because they seem to replace L) but they really do have their own lovable traits and now my favourite characters are the alphabets: L, M, N.] And as for Matt, I've never saw him in before, but he's definitely in character also. The picture you painted for this story is perfect, thank you for such a thoughtful piece.
dimonyo-anghel chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
i feel mello's pain! i freakin hate the police and raito!