Reviews for Rumor Has It
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
A very clever commentary on the odd and disgusting ideas in some fan fiction. I particularlynlike Peter's closing line. Thanks for writing it!
Inuyashagirl7692 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Hm, what the men were saying seemed like nothing but harmless babble that needn't be taken so seriously, as the men themselves weren't taking it seriously, but I thought about your characterization and decided that Edmund and Peter would be rightly insulted by the exchange. It really was a joy to read.
bruce.a.wilson.5 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Nice job .
Ganheim chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
(You may read

[Several problems with this: first is that parentheticals are something to avoid in narrative whenever possible. They signal “I’m sorry, this doesn’t really belong and the author either couldn’t think of a way or didn’t bother to try to find a way to excuse it being here”. If the information is important than find a way in the narrative to say it. If it’s not then don’t waste text with something your audience doesn’t need to see]

shall our judgment be as we discussed?"

The last thing either Rasheed or Ardeeb knew for some time was Corin's fist connecting with his jaw.

[Not quite the action I was expecting]

I think a couple details in the opening three paragraphs could have been added to better place the scene, but other than that it seemed a fair enough slice-of-life sort of peek at the world and characters.
Jayim Duinara chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
*dramatically slow clapping and appreciative chuckles*

Wonderful satire; thank you. I agree with the sentiments expressed by our beloved protagonists.
bennbtmn chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I have to say I loved this story, especially the last line, which was SO perfectly Peter's voice.
Crazy Koala chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Love this story! I personally can't stand all the slash pairings. It might not be so horrible in some other text, but to write slash fanfics for Narnia? Blasphemy! Loved Corin's punch-up!
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
That was good! Addressing the issue of slash and others in the subtle ideas of a story. Very good, and I enjoyed when Corin punched them. :)
Michelle the Editor chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This is a brilliant way to deal with all those disgusting pairings people come up with! Everyone is in character, you know how to get the formal speech patterns right, and beating the two Caloremens up is a perfect punishment.
Eavis chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Stunning, I think, is the best adjective to describe this.

Go with God,

Eavis
Anon chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
I could kiss you! (In the spirit of philos, naturally:)

I am so sick and tired of the myriad perversions paraded before the unwary in their quest for a good story.
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
A great story. Very good.
KelinciHutan chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This story was absolutely hilarious! Honestly, I don't know where the crazy shippers (or Neil Gaiman, for that matter) get these insane ideas, but it is so nice to see someone give them all the rounded mocking they deserve.

And now I can imagine weird shippers being beaten up by Corin, and that will certainly help keep the dismay at bay. ;) Brilliant job.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Oh this is hilarioulsy funny, I adore this story. I love this part, "As he laughed, Rasheed saw out of the corner of his eye that one of the nomads made a move to get up, but the man sitting next to him put a hand on his arm to stop him." I was squealing with delight at that point and my eyeballs picked up speed as I digest the rest of this amazing story.

I laughed so hard at the end because it's so true. The crazy pairings out there are just insane and I applaud you for writing a clever work of art addressing this issue.

Thanks again,

Rolletti
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I like this one just as much as the other one. XD

The last line before the _ was the best.