Reviews for Tears of a Forgotten Summoner
kyuubi shadow chapter 13 . 1/18/2011
amazing...
pcjoyce chapter 13 . 8/23/2010
Amazing story bro, can't wait for the next chapter.
I-Elli chapter 13 . 3/7/2010
O.M.G. I have no words.

I love this story. It's so original I don't know what to say.

I love how the character's somewhat deviate from the canon, because honestly, I didn't like Yuna's character in X-2 either. Aside from that, I love how the entire plot comes together in such an organized fashion. There are no holes, and I'm not confused by anything at all. 10/5, seriously.

However, I am a bit sad that this hasn't been updated in 3 years. I hope you can update again sometime soon! Please do whenever you get the time!
Denya of darkness chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Wow...this seems very interesting so far. I'll read more when I get the chance. _
daianapotter chapter 13 . 9/15/2007
i like your story but i think that it kind of angts in place of romance for now

brother idiot -.- i always think so -.-
shiny.bubbles chapter 13 . 9/5/2007
oh god that was good ! so ultimately amazing . beautifully structured and excellent detail ! goshness ? why arent yu happy with yur work ? jst curious .. bcoz its so awesome xD
shiny.bubbles chapter 12 . 9/5/2007
I really like how Tidus is emphasising and explaining everyd etail to that clueless Yuna. haha well done loved this chapter, so sorry haven't been reviewing i lost the url & forgot . ack me & my brain !
Ori chapter 13 . 7/25/2007
Hey, this story is not bad. I like the idea. Though it's really confusing at times.
Shuuwai chapter 13 . 6/19/2007
Have to say, this is the best Final Fantasy X/X-2 I've read so far and i do hope you continue it ..
zedelghem chapter 13 . 4/26/2007
I haven't played Final Fantasy games (especially FFX and FFX-2)for very long, but this story is amazing! Please, update. I cannot wait until your next chapter.
Terroroz chapter 13 . 3/30/2007
Very original, although the formal speaking made me lose some interest. You should try and cut down the formality in dialogues. I would like to read more from you though, it's a very interesting fic. :D
Nikki of Spira chapter 13 . 2/26/2007
OMG! Don't grant Brother of all people that wish! AGRHH! Anyway, great chapter! I loved how you explained Schism! This seems to be turning out to be a great story. Please continue writing it. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I've really been busy, hoping to catch up now.

Update soon!
Hinagy chapter 13 . 2/20/2007
Very good chapter! Keep with the good work. I never trusted Brother...that pervert...
Zeshin-kun chapter 13 . 2/7/2007
Ooh, so that's how they became the three Sinners. Again, I find that concept very interesting. Still, I'm not sure why Jecht would have or want political authority. While reading that, I thought it was Yu Yevon until you mentioned the third was a summoner and then I had to place Yu Yevon into that category. As for Auron, I wouldn't imagine he'd want to be eternally youthful so much as be eternally strong. For that one, I originally pegged Jecht, seeing how being a blitzer would require a lot of youthful fortitude.

In any case, I love that idea. And now Brother's becoming one of a new set of three, though I don't know if you'd need two others, just having Brother on the inside. He could sabotage them all, release Sin, find Jecht or subdue Auron, as impossible as that seems, and reunite any three of them, though even a fourth wouldn't stop a circle from forming to release Schism.

Also, I really found your concept for Shuyin and Lenne's deaths very intriguing. So, it was due to Jecht's wishing that Vegnagun, the focal point of Bevelle's achievements, was turning into a product of Zanarkand as Bevelle was slowly being undone to build on Zanarkand. By all your statements, it seems that Zanarkand would have won this war hands down, if not for Schism's underhanded schemes finally coming to fruition.

Anyway, if this is the case for Shuyin and Lenne, I take it she wasn't affected by this rebuilding while Shuyin was? Taking your idea into the scene, Lenne shouts for Shuyin to stop, in this case, probably to warn him that the mission he was to accomplish was, in fact, being compromised by his own actions. The worn down peace between cities had then gotten so out of hand that even two of the most known people of Zanarkand were executed without hesitation by Bevelle's forces.

It's interesting to see more takes on the Shuyin and Lenne finale like this one. This one incorporates an idea that they weren't in Bevelle just because of Shuyin. Instead, they were sent there and they had a plan. Also, that their destiny intertwined with that of another, in your case, Jecht, in mine, Yu Yevon.

Yes, for me, it was Yu Yevon who allowed enough time before the final battle for Shuyin to make it to Bevelle and activate Vegnagun. Though it was, like in this case, coincidental, Yu Yevon did have ulterior motives for doing what he did, just as your Jecht had no intention of letting Shuyin activate the beast.

I look forward to your next update!

Zeshin
Zeshin-kun chapter 12 . 2/6/2007
Yup, another chapter down and another review. _

Well, overall, I do enjoy this fic. Your idea is definitely something noone else has tried, which makes it worthwhile.

Anyway, there are still a few things I'd like to comment on:

-About the factions and Yuna not doing anything about it, that's completely false.

Yuna tried her best to preserve peace between the three and so did Baralai and Gippal. The problem was Nooj as he was possessed by Shuyin at the time. Shuyin wanted to cause problems so all of it was really him.

With tensions high, it culminated Yuna's efforts in a final concert, one in which Lenne herself appeared and told of the horrors of war. This effectively ended the bickerings and so Yuna did stop the quarreling and she didn't do it by defeating Vegnagun. So, she didn't need to be a shining star of White Magic or the calm and collected force of guidance with Black Magic. Instead, she resorted to soothing the ravaged peoples of Spira utilizing the power of melodic purification, the majesty of the Songstress.

-Auron and Tidus get disgusted when Yuna transforms back into her old self. Why would that happen? What was with Auron's comment? Her original attire is what Tidus and Auron had to stare are since chapter one. That was a little inconsistent.

Your point was that Tidus didn't agree with abusing the gifts of other people in the form of Dresspheres. That would have been perfectly fine, but you commented as if she was different in front of them, not just that they didn't like her device.

Now, if it was trying to say that she goes naked when she switches garments, if you look closely, neither Yuna nor Rikku ever show full body nudity in between transformations. A thin line of magic divides the disappearing old garment with the new garment taking its place. The only one who does go completely nude is Paine, as she covers herself while being turned from her right to left side while the garments change.

-In terms of knowing about the source of the Dresspheres' power, Yuna and the rest all knew about it. You can tell since Shinra explains it somewhat and when you receive the Black Mage Sphere, it was due to a recording of Maechen showing that Maechen's gifts as a Black Mage give you that power.

Furthermore, there is no true harnessing of someone else's talents when using the Dresspheres. A person still has to master the sphere in order to use it. This I do have another comment on, but later.

-When Tidus states that he could impersonate Yuna or anyone else of his choosing by using the grid, that isn't correct. Leblanc had to first transform into Yuna, then apply the grid's magic to become a songstress that appeared the same as if Yuna had used it. It's not really explained that she does, but you have to think about it this way: YRP all use the same garment grids, but each of them have their own appearance per sphere, even if you let them use the same exact grid. It shows you that Leblanc needed to first look like Yuna, then become dressed like Yuna.

Now, back to that comment about the Dresspheres. I really did enjoy how you said they were using the souls of others to wield the spells they have. And true to Tidus' word, if he were to disarm Yuna, she'd be defenseless besides her own garment, the Gunner.

This is how I theorized their usage also, as a basic predecessor to the Materia of FFVII, further strengthening the link that Yoshinori Kitase hints to in an interview. Materia, now, is more towards what you have Tidus say about Dresspheres. When using Materia, the user doesn't gain any knowledge or proficiency with whatever spell or summon it grants them. Rather, the Materia itself gets more advanced as more magic is unlocked from it, but those abilities are interchangeable between users, so long as the Materia is capable of it. So, disarm a FFVII character and they are defenseless as you say about Yuna.

I mean, of course, your story could show whatever it wants, but in terms of consistency, certain accomplishments of the girls can't be ignored or else they drift out of character.

Anyway, it's time for the next chapter! Til then!

Zeshin