Reviews for Force Bond: Social Trials
GGMK chapter 6 . 3/6
And another really good story, my favorite from the shorter ones.

Luke still annoys me at times...but I thought he was actually cool in the last chapter.

I liked the whole hostage situation at the end. I thought it was well-written, and added a sense of danger to the story.

The ending of the final chapter was cute. I'm sure Luke's glad that he doesn't have to go to those formal meetings anymore.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/8/2013
Please?

Hahahahaha! That was a great ending! I've read most of your Vader and Luke stories and I like how you combine humor and edge-of-seat action all at once. I also love the way you depict Vader's character, it's very well done! Do you think you could do a completely funny one sometime? Like of Vader's diary or a collection of Vader's memories of the 'worst' things Luke has ever done. I just really love these, keep writing!
Jambee chapter 6 . 9/8/2013
I loved the humor in this story. So many great scenes and dialogue between Vader and Luke. I wished he would have been able to train Luke at a earlier age though.
VampiricBloOdyRose chapter 6 . 4/2/2013
I love the relationship between Luke and Vader! The T-shirt was a good laugh as well.
Darth-Taisha chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
I enjoyed reading about Luke and the princess. It also seems little by little Luke is gradually learning to listen to the force.
Darth-Taisha chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
Aww, the discussion and the force bond was really touching. I really loved this chapter.
Darth-Taisha chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
poor Luke, he should know better than to listen to gossip. Good chapter, I can't wait to see how it gets all sorted out.
Darth-Taisha chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Another good chapter. I agree, adolescence is rough.
Darth-Taisha chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I love how they interact with eachother, it really is fascinating and fun to read. Thanks so much for writing all of these wonderful fics.
Saphyra Tyra Tygeru chapter 6 . 5/28/2012
mousefiction chapter 6 . 1/26/2012
The way you write the Emperor does him more justice than what I have seen in the movies; I think this way because you show him more doing dubious things, like his plan here in this chapter. Not that the things the Emperor did in the movies weren’t manipulative and dangerous, but in this series I think you provide more quantity in little ways. I don’t know. Now I feel like I’m rambling.

"Because they will gain nothing by killing your son - and as far as they know, your son may very well be regarded as expendable by the Empire." Whoa. I’m surprised the officer had enough courage to say that. In either case, I instantly liked the young officer who suggested the invisibility shield.

Also, I really enjoyed Luke and Vader’s mental back and forth that took place after the admiral’s return on the escape pod.

And, finally, I loved Luke trapping Vader in a hug, and the stormtroopers’ and admiral’s reactions, as well as Vader contemplating spraying Luke off with a fire extinguisher. It was great.
mousefiction chapter 5 . 1/26/2012
“I said rest, not sleep, he sent, hoping no one had seen Luke's lapse. And don't use me as a pillow.” Apparently, Darth Vader makes a good pillow. I found a Darth Vader plush pillow the other day. I almost bought it.

It’s great how Vader considered Luke sleeping against his shoulder a potential crisis. I get why, but still it’s amusing.

I loved reading Luke tug on Vader’s cape; that is so cute.

Vader being so nonchalant with the senator just moments after almost strangling the governor to death, is just SO Vader, and you write him so well. Vader’s anger cracking the window’s glass, when he sensed Luke’s cloudy presence, was a nice touch as well.
mousefiction chapter 4 . 1/26/2012
I love how Luke, in avoiding Vader, has made Vader think he wants more attention from him. Also, Luke talking to Vader about girls was great to read, and then, to have Luke, in the next scene, switching his locker to avoid said girl was priceless. That transition there was really expertly done.

It was also really interesting to see Vader imagining what it would be like to have a daughter.

The way Luke’s tear fell right after his thought about how he’d have to stop thinking of Vader as his father, man, that made me feel for him, poor little guy. It was also a really satisfying read, to have the scene where Luke stops reaching for the flag, telling himself he was better off without Vader, then showing the scene with Vader in the elevator bay, only for the next scene to be Luke stuffing the flag into his bag. That really drove home how much Luke loves his father, I think (of course, I never doubted it before; that scene with the flag just did a really good job of showing Luke’s loyalty and love, even when he feels betrayed).

Also! I loved Vader’s “Skywalker Babysitting duty” line and the line about the Emperor running a daycare in his throne room. It’s like stand-up comedy. But from Vader.

Vader’s whole spiel about why he took Luke in was very entertaining; my favorite comments were about him needing more stress and destruction in his life and needing to tone down his big, bad Sith reputation.

Luke and Vader exploring and strengthening their parent-child force bond is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series.
mousefiction chapter 3 . 1/26/2012
Luke ducking behind Vader for any reason seems to always put a smile on my face.

I feel bad for Luke, though, overhearing the Governor’s and Admiral’s conversation.

“He'd been living with Vader for two years now, and during that time, he had cared for him while he was sick...” If you ever get the idea for it, have you considered doing a sick!Luke fic, from what is referenced here? I don’t know how popular !sick fics are in the StarWars fandom, but I know the Supernatural fandom is FULL of them. I hardly ever see the !label in StarWars, anyway. Maybe I haven’t looked enough, but I guess FF fandoms are each like tiny, little E-subcultures.

“‘I have seen him without the mask,’ Luke said, eventually. ‘It wasn't a really good look, or anything ... just a glimpse, really. But I'm pretty sure he's human.’” Whoa, really? I don’t remember reading that anywhere. Maybe I missed a story somewhere? Perhaps it was behind the scenes.
mousefiction chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
I thought it was great how Vader almost made a verbal reference to Yoda.

“Luke, in his innocence, had an irritating way of making very good sense without even trying. He decided to change the subject, before Luke convinced him to resign his post and fly off into the stars.” I love that line, and I also got a kick out of Vader making a light-hearted crack at Luke’s height and the fall Luke took.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »