Reviews for Training Master Mindelan
Gabby P chapter 30 . 7/24/2015
Okay, so I read a lot of fanfiction (and I meant a lot!), but this story really tops the cake. I loved your new characters, the balance of light and darkness in the plot, and how realistic the characters were kept. Absolutely marvelous!
SakiXX1 chapter 30 . 6/15/2013
This story is so cute! Aww poor Neal who often catches the wrath of the two feared knights in Tortall.
Lollypops101 chapter 30 . 4/28/2013
i loved this story!
BookFreak976 chapter 23 . 2/17/2013
We'll do this quickly and avoid eye contact. Here goes: don't get pregnant, don't break his heart, and don't ever tell Wyldon or Mindelan about this conversation."

Thats like in the Hunger Games: Here's a hint: Don't get killed
Love it!
Tumblerose chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
I have searched for a decent Tortall fic for years and never found one which kept the characters true to themselves...until now. I love this fic, it is funny, fresh and insightful. You should be immensely proud of yourself. -x-
Treason666 chapter 22 . 9/1/2012
I just realized something... where is Jump?
Bracketyjack chapter 30 . 11/1/2011
What a charming fic - thanks and congratulations, however belatedly. I'm not sure that I'm always quite persuaded by the balance of comedy and action - once you let in psychology and trauma they tend to make demands - but the comedic spine and episodes are splendid. "flaunting conventions" in this chapter is a wonderful bit of wordplay, and the logical extension of Kel's nurturing side and personal rigour into a page-school overrun with younger children and animals is entirely delightful.

So are your handling of Wyldon and Alanna ; the excellent cats ; the constant betting (I am shocked, shocked to discover gambling in Rick's casino!) ; and the assorted children. Not to mention Neal - a portrait of him I shall remember.

I'm reading around in PotS fic just now partly because I'm writing for publication a little book on the quartet, to match one I did a few years back on 'The Immortals' (you can find it on the Jumanities-Ebooks site, and on Kindle). This time round, I'd like to include a short note on fanfiction, pointing readers to fics that have something to say - and would like to mention *Training Master Mindelan* as a sustained comedic extension of PotS ; assuming you have no objection. Perhaps you could PM me? Thanks.

With all bw,

Bracketyjack
Lairenna chapter 30 . 8/2/2011
And now I've finished the story, and I've got to say, you did a wonderful job on staying true to Pierce's writing style.

Aside from my previous review which outlined the few small inconsistencies of spelling, my only other complaint is I could never keep track of Kel's daughter's age.

Well done )
Lairenna chapter 19 . 8/2/2011
I kept meaning to send a few reviews for specific chapters I noticed discrepancies in (just spelling) but I kept forgetting. At the end of this particular chapter, Penelope is referred to as Proudlake, but I seem to recall previous chapters referring to her as Proudcreek.

In previous chapters, and I forget which, there were some discrepancies concerning how Selena/Selina was spelled and Appleblossom's name.

"Penelope hurried through her grooming of Appleblossum and Magewhisper, currying away mud in quick motions. Appleblossom seemed to sense her anger and lipped playfully at her elbow when she had finished. Penelope sighed and checked to see that both animals had food and water before gathering the packs and starting for the inn."

Oh, look, I still had it copied from earlier. Oh well. Just little things to help make it better.
Yogh chapter 30 . 12/22/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and it was longer than I expected! In fact I enjoyed it so much I demolished it in far less time than it probably should have taken me given all the other things I should be doing :P

However, along with all the typos, "FLOUTING conventions", not flaunting! (Pet peeve :P)

Well, on to the sequels! Yay!
Aria657 chapter 30 . 9/5/2010
I liked this, great job! Kefira is adorable!
DomLuver chapter 30 . 6/24/2010
I FRICKEN LOVE THIS!:D Love and Money is next right? :)
DomLuver chapter 18 . 6/22/2010
I just have one comment before I continue reading (I usually don't review in between finished stories...). Before, you used Selina, but now it's Selena. I' sure it's been pointed out a hundred times before, but I'm just making sure :) Now back to reading I go.
thefangirl05 chapter 30 . 2/6/2010
I reviewed this story a long time ago (under a different name)-before it was half way completed, and I love it as much now as I did then. Only mild complaints are the overuse of the word "muttered" (what's wrong with "said"?) and a couple of dropped words and misspellings. Considering that this was completed three years ago, I'm not expecting you to go in and edit, but just a heads up for future endeavors. :)
SarcasticLoner chapter 30 . 7/1/2009
a fantastic sequel, i enjoyed every minute of it.