Reviews for Farewell, My Love
They call me Mary chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Beautiful!
Alquawende chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
This is a very nice piece of writing here. It's even better because it deals with the character of Aegnor and Andreth. It's so sad that they never got together and this illustrates, very well, Aegnor's tragic position in knowing he is dying and will never see his love ever again. I do hope you write another story about either or both Aegnor and Andreth because they are written about often.

Far away, a woman of the House of Beorn

Do you mean "House of Beor"?

Thanks for writing!
SoConfusified chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
...*runs to get tissues* B-E-A-UTIFUL!
Aista chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
You have captured the tone beautifully...bittersweet.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Aw! (sniffle)
Fainting Maid chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
An Aegnor story! There aren't nearly enough of them so please write more! I really like what you did with the little bit Tolkien gave. You dressed up the existing story nicely. And the counterpoint of the physical pain of the wounding and the spiritual pain of the seperation was very touching and sad.
Elfique chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
very well written and moving. I love the flashback to when he left. Its nice to see another Aegnor and Andreth fic, they are such a great Silm couple. Ive been planning my own for a while but i need a kick up the rear before i start writing hah.
Absent Poet chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
I don't know what to say. This is well-written, but the premise and character behavior is a little predictable and weigh down your soaring words. The whole 'forbidden love' idea and the 'voodoo'-esque effect we see so often in ballads (where the fair maiden knows, even from miles away, that her true love is dead) have both been done. Your prose seems to have the potential to have given us a fresher look at the romance between Aegnor and Andreth and I am the first to say 'Don't give up on it.' There is, as I said, so much potential here. Though bogged down by cliches, this fanfic cuts straight to the bone and I don't doubt in the least that you could do it real justice. Keep up the good work, please; I'm just trying to be constructive.
Celegorm chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
As the sappy, love sick stuffs goes this is fair enough
The Battling Bard chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
The Aegnor death scene has been done before, but this fic is still very good. Aegnor and Andreth is my favourite pairing. Maybe you could write a sequel in which they meet in Arda re-made as Finrod believed? That would be beyond wonderful.
epalladino chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Interesting. It's not always easy to make such a nice story out of the "Silmarillion". Thanks, Beth Palladino