Reviews for Because Pretending Would Be Easier
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I am absolutely blown away by this story. The realism, the sense of loss Sam feels as everything she's known is being stripped away, the tension between Sam and Jack and Rodney, was almost painful to read. And I loved the "would" tense-I have never read a story with that tense, and you used it perfectly. Thanks for a great read! Well done!
Villemo chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
soo sad. but so so good!

creative, and beautifully written.

thanks for sharing:)
Little Miss Delliham chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
you have made me cry.

thankyou for such a lovely, sad but utterly beliveable story.

this is by far the best sam fic i have ever read.

i wish you all the best with future writting.

thankyou again

TakeAWhackAtIt chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
That was...amazing. The future tense you used, the whole "would" instead of "is" or "was" added a lot to the story. An unusualy technique, but you made it work very, very well. A great combination of romance and sadness and reminiscence. Sam's reactions to the Stargate going public, and the museum, and looking back on all she and her team have done were exactly what I think they'll be. Great job, I loved it. Now, I'm going to go look at more of your stories!
deaka chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Wow, I really enjoyed this story. It was beautifully written - I loved the nostalgic sense. The characterisations are extremely well done, and the interactions and relationships are very believable. There is a sort of understated sense to them that's rare in fan fiction, and pretty hard to achieve...

I loved the Sam/Rodney aspect, and the Jack/Sam relationship was handled beautifully. They felt right throughout.

Very moving work. I loved it. :D
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
my god. this was beautifully heartbreaking. you're a great writer.
RedFive chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I absolutely loved this. It was great. Thanks! :)
chris chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
OMG. Incredible writing. It wasn't until I got to the last paragraph that I cried. I don't usually cry for fictional characters. Actually I rarely cry at all. It was so sad. I think that I'll be depressed the rest of the day. I relate so easily to her the way that you've written her. You have excellent talent
PKgirl chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Wow. This is so good. For once, the Sam/McKay really works, and the Sam/Jack seems so possible it makes you want to cry - you want it all to turn out well, but sometimes you just can't see it going that way. I think you dealt really well with the Stargate going public, and I'm glad that (for once) the news didn't destroy the world. The bit at the end, in the graveyard, was awesome. I love how differently she visits with all the graves - anger for Janet; respect for Hammond; sharing Daniel's intellectual enthusiasm; and being truthful with the one person who understood her. I loved it.
Sara Loui chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
OMG this is a fabulous story...i really enjoyed it...although it was a sad road for Sam to travel down. possibilities are endless and this was brilliantly written. I was almost reaching for the kleenex!

Fab Fab Fab...loved it...thanks for the read