Reviews for Parry and Thrust
Sliven chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
What a nice, disturbing little gem of a story! I really like how you play out their unspoken thoughts to a conversation, as well as I like the pairing, which is by far my favourite in LoTR. Well done!
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
You really have got a wonderful sexual undercurent going on throughout this and the whole piece finhses beautifully- back to the swordplay tha tis now a differnt parry and thrust. I like the idea that it is only in her mind that she cannot refuse -and it's intriguiung to read a sypmathetic Grima, in as much as he can be, and its so much much richer and more interesting actually, to have this extra dimension, becasue in LOTR he is only a cypher really and rather one dimensional. I love the idea that there is so much more going on with him- admitting to a slight fascination for him myself as a character. The way the actor (cant remember his name but he is brilliant) played him in the film when he sees all Saruman's army is quite unepectedly masterful.
Elentarri chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Superbly written!
Panda-chan chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I love Grima/Eowyn, and this is so well written, too! I liked the italicized parts and it's only a bit creepy!
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Devious and malicious he is but that is what makes it so grand to toy around with Grima's character. Wonderful juxtaposition between how Eowyn fights with her sword while Grima battles with his tongue, his words. Reminds me a bit of fencing, especially with the 'parry' section.
bensXonlyXfangirl chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
I love the way the story was written, very unique compared to some other's I've seen, especially by using the swordplay element that no one seems to use with Eowyn too often for some reason. I've always had my theories about this pairing, but this has inspired me to rethink some of them.
AJarOfDirt chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Positively powerful and disturbing...I really loved it xD
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Wow. This is really, really powerful. The characters are good too, and the italicy bits aren't too confusing at all.

This is dripping with atmorphere, you create it really really well.
chou-fleur chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Wow! They both are so completely in character! Well done!
Sarela Jade chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
I really enjoyed this little 'fic. Grima/Eowyn is one of my favorite LOTR pairings, and you have captured their characters perfectly. Well done. :D

- SJ
Velvet Song chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
This was very well written. I like it.
Thalaba chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I loved this piece! It is hard to find intelligent Eowyn/Grima fics, something that makes sense or doesn't sound like Eowyn has lost her spine/is some little flower girl. And Grima! Oh you've kept him evil! You haven't tried to change him which I am grateful for. Excellent job!
Eyes of Forest chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
whoa, a bit more intense than your other fics, if I do say so myself. I figured with the title that some word play would be in store. Poetic, as beautifully crafted as the words of the Wormtongue himself. w00t, hormones :P
PNT chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Wow. And I thought that I'd never like Grima/Eowyn. But your Grima and Eowyn are so perfectly in character that the pairing is totally believable. Nice job, and continue to bring some plausibility to the pairing.
Daystar Searcher chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Wow. Now that was perfectly angsty and creepy and awesome. Br... getting chills here.

Shame on your rampant teenage hormones. 'Thrust'? Oh, wow. That's really all I can say. (Just kidding, seeing as how all the Odo/Kira stuff I have in the works has been taking a sharp turn into R-land lately.)