Reviews for Past Twenty
LouiseUchiha chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
This was so sad.
I really love Souji :(
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Ah, I really liked the theme you wove here. Very compelling. I really love the reversal of his life span, from adult to child. Fitting. Though somehow tragic. Too little, too late, eh?

Great job.
Yasia chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Yet another brilliantly written story... Bravo and many thanks for this wonderful, sad piece.
Animegoil chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
Oh, beautiful. I enjoyed some of the lines a lot because they go against what's generally thought. Such as saying Okita thinks of HIjikata as a sword- though really, I can see how that would be the highest compliment. But also the line about Souji not being strong. It's interesting to say that, it's a catch line because most of us believe him impossibly strong. Anyway, very nostalgic painful piece here. I loved the gentleness between them. I think it's so painful the way they pretend that nothing is wrong. The last two lines were brilliant because of the irony. We know he's not immortal, and that's what makes it hard. I also loved the comparisons between Souji's youth and now. I wish they'd elaborate more on their youth, because can you imagine all the bonding that must have gone on with the three of them growing up together? And how it'd be for Hijikata to watch this child grow up and master the sword way past what he was able to? Anyway, lovely imagery and atmosphere in this fic
angelic lily chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
It's just so wonderful... and it just rings so true yet there's also sadness in it T.T
soji chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
The last line...is the best..
SeawitchXX chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
I am a fan of the anime and the historical Souji Okita. I have read a LOT of these little stories about him. This is the only one that has made me cry.
DragonRose888 chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
That was kind of sad ;_; But i loved it! I have become fond of this series and Okita is my favorite. I am well aware that he is going to die, but that just makes the series all better. I love how you explained how he feels at the moment! XD Definate fav!
baby jen chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. You captured it all so perfectly, i have no words. All i can say is you're one hell of a writer!_
sunbune chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I was both im-pressed and de-pressed by this story. I guess it'd be more efficient just to say that it sunk in and left a mark. From soujirou having "wide, hungry, pleasant eyes" and not acting very childlike, to Okita preferring to fade away, and still playing games with Hijikata... this was a touching fic, thoughtfully written. And Okita IS immortal! He'll live on forever in our hearts through stories like this one! sniffle.
guardian 141 chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Brilliant. The most insightful character study of Hijikata and Souji that i've encountered so far. Honestly it took my breath away, you captured it perfectly. You're very talented - keep it up! And thankyou for writing this fic, it was incredibly moving. _
Nandinha Shinomori chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Amazing fanfic.

I don't know if I can say more... My eyes are full of tears, and this is a rare thing to happen.

Great job.
rustygirl chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Oh darn. This was so beautiful it made my eyes get all teary. *dabbing at mascara* The way this is written, the narration, the introspection...wow.
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Heartwrenching. Beautifully written. Wonderful exploration of Hijikata and Okita's relationship, and how much each helps the other, in their own ways.

It's nice to think Okita liked to be childish because he was making up for his childhood. And as for the ending, it's tragic alright. *starts bawling*
Nikki chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Oh my God, that was so sad.

I want to jump in there and give everybody a hug ;_;

It was lovely written and very emotional, I loved it even if it shattered my heart into a million pieces (reading about Okita's illness does that to me *sob*)

~Nikki