Reviews for Sacrifice
Shelly chapter 14 . 8/31/2009
Excellent story and not as dark as I thought it was going to be. I loved Rodney's "death". It's the way I would think it should be for him, nobel and with his friend John with him. That was a really well written bit. John's emotions after it all as well. Liked how everyone close to him heard his cry for help. The character of Lisel was great too. Worner, glad he got what was coming to him and by John, he was just utterly creepy. Loved the end too. I expected to have Rodney gone at the end of this, it was a pleasant surprise.

Really enjoyed the fic, thanks for sharing it with us.
sentarla chapter 14 . 4/26/2009
wow, I dont know how this one slipped through the cracks. I thought I had read all the great McKay/John angst stories. THis story was totally totally awesome! THanks!
michelel72 chapter 14 . 4/14/2009
I'm terrible about leaving feedback for stories, but this was really well done! I really liked the bit in Chapter 7 about how Rodney responds to commands to talk. Quantum Leap! (I just wish I hadn't been spoiled that this "isn't a deathfic" by the rec that led me here.) The mental call was a little different, but the teamwork and friendship were really well done, and I really liked the differing reactions - Radek's disbelief and later guilt, for example, or Elizabeth's call to suspend the search (which is usually handled as a very callous act). Great job.
MaggieL80 chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Read this story last year and loved it. Surprised to see that I didn't leave reviews Love the start. Rodney and John being held captive, locked in a dank, dark, dungeon...with whump galore.
Lysiam chapter 14 . 5/10/2007
Love it
FeedtheFlames chapter 11 . 5/27/2006
i knew you couldn't really kill Rodney. not yet at least. wait r u going to kill him later! :-0. please don't do that. i have this weird attachment to the annoying scientist.
Sholio chapter 14 . 4/11/2006
SQUEE! Oh, you ... you ... you sneaky, mean person, you! That character death warning totally threw me! The whole first half of the story, I was waiting (trembling) to find out who was going to die for real, guessing and changing my mind. When Rodney actually finally *did* die, it made me go hm, something's not right here - the injection was the clue that he wasn't really dead, and then I was thinking Sheppard was going to die to save him ... and then at the end, they're all alive and well, and the relief was just so great. It wouldn't have had such impact if I hadn't truly believed that one of them was going to die. Nice, nice, nice.

Aside from that, the rest of the story was very good, very powerful ... I loved McKay's first answer to the interrogator asking him what he was to Sheppard ("Pain in the ass"), followed eventually by the truth ... not to mention the comment about the interrogators trying to get him to talk only to find out the problem is getting him to shut up, and the list of things he'd told them, LOL! And the h/c with McKay and Sheppard, and Sheppard's acknowledgement that he views McKay as sort of an annoying brother. Not to mention how cool it was that Ronon got to be the one to bring the cavalry, and the bits with Zelenka were good too. Loved it!
JEM515 chapter 14 . 4/2/2006
Wow! What a great story. I love Rodney and Sheppard friendship stories. You did a great job with their interaction and I enjoyed the B-plot of Teyla and Ronon being sold into slavery. Please write more!
Chrystalline chapter 11 . 2/9/2006
No! No nononononono...

You made me cry, you gave me hope, and he's still stuck? Ack!

Oddly enough, that seems to be my yardstick for determining whether a show is really good - if it makes me care enough about the character to cry, it's really good. If it almost makes me cry, it's pretty good. So far, SGA itself has only made it to "almost," but here you go and do it in one story...

See, this is why I shouldn't read fics with character death - they tear me all up - but it came recommended (has Innogen got you convinced to join SGAHC yet? It's a very nice group - come play with us;)
Dr. Dredd chapter 2 . 2/9/2006
Aww. Good to see Radek and Carson looking out for Elizabeth. She needs the support of good men like that! :-)
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Uh-oh. That can't possibly be good! Nice, slow build-up of suspense.

Reading on, now...
kamelion chapter 14 . 2/8/2006
WOW. THAT is as angsty as it gets!
Innogen chapter 14 . 2/8/2006
Hey! I wrote a fic rec on my Live Journal page: Innogen dot livejournal dot com. I thought maybe you would like to go take a look at it before I start posting it to the SGA Rec Communities - and please let me know if I know you under a different name, all right?

Oh, and the review has a sad Rodney face, and a concerned John face. I really think your story is wonderful, and it deserves more attention. Have you posted it anywhere else?
Innogen chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Awesome story! Lots of Angst... yes, Winter is damn depressing. Look me up on LJ if you are around. Same handle and everything. Poor Woobie. How did he end up alive is the secret.

I think if you ever do a rewrite, you should extend the 'he's dead' angst a few more days to let it really REALLY sink in. But that's me. I'm kind of curious about the little necromancers' tech on the planet - what is it and how does it work? Can we steal it?

Good job!

Ellex chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Hi! I'm leaving this review on behalf of Terri, since she doesn't have an account on I'd also like to say that I agree with her opinion - your stories are extremely enjoyable and show great talent.

I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your SGA stories, especially "Stranded" and "Sacrifice." You have the relationship of Sheppard and McKay down pat, and I enjoy reading your stories very much (Though, I admit, because you whump Rodney so well).

You are becoming one of my favorite SGA fanfic writers. I hope that you continue to write in the years to come, because you definitely have a gift for telling a good story.

Thank you for sharing your gift.

Terri Spencer