Reviews for Old Soldiers Never Die
Old guy chapter 26 . 9/8
Great story. Glad I found it again.
Old guy chapter 10 . 9/7
Where's the Aussies?
TheButterflyComposer chapter 17 . 8/29
Old style Gurkhas? Do the words overkill spring to mind?
TheButterflyComposer chapter 16 . 8/29
Couple more spelling mistakes like measure being spelt wrong.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 13 . 8/29
French foreign legion is a bit more selective these days but I guess these old chaps might not know that.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 12 . 8/29
Only five miles to go...I'm sure. Those bastards lie all the time.

Writing continues to be excellent. Change is happening but slowly, which is also good. Simply bringing the army in doesn't change things overnight after all.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 6 . 8/28
Mm...that is true. If you do have all types from British military history here then you are going to have some true sociopaths in with the gentlemen...the best ones often are. Don't think I want to see the 'dirty fighting' training. I imagine it involves old school teaching, meaning broken bones and bloody knuckles.
Your writing continues to amaze as does the really odd spelling mistakes that slip in from time to time. 'Dieing' in particular. Be careful with your speech marks too. They are running away with you in some places.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 5 . 8/28
In cadets and scouts they had us move around tent bags and put up and down equipment if they didn't have anything planned but the sandbags thing works too.
Flag Pole...I think I heard the variation where the guy asks the newly trained Lt to get a trench dug. Correct answer is ordering your sergeant to order a section to do it...or something like that.
Good luck trying to keep up the chain of command. Harry's already too highly ranked (though can feasibly fight if everyone else is going out to fight) but perhaps it can be done.

"Some strange whim" ha. I do love your goblins sometimes.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 4 . 8/28
Those are some frikkin' ancient guns. Where the heck were the army storing weapons from that long ago that not only were with the ammunition and other things needed to keep them going and...yeah, okay, maybe magic but still. They're supposed to be squibs?

Lucky bastards, having wool made to feel like silk and it being magicked into being properly insulated...glad you thought to ditch old style boots though. Those things were awful up until people figured out how to make rubber that wouldn't melt (even now the soles can do so in the Middle East apparently).

As ever, very subtle with the Hermione/Harry shipping. I don't even want to know if it's still unofficially official or not for that whole marriage scheme.

I hadn't heard that about the irregulars and the green uniforms. Made me laugh though.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 3 . 8/28
Of course they had all the paperwork ready in 15 minutes. These guys must have gone nuts in that club. I imagine they've got several very detailed plans as to how they can get back into action, one of which they are using now.

Just hope they don't end up being the bad guys and Dumbledore would be proved RIGHT in his pacifistic bullshit ways but...that would be cool. Maybe.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 2 . 8/28
My God this is good writing. Proper gun safety, Dad's Army complete with competence and jingoism, a guy who has heard a lot of rubbish from young idiots and knows when to crack the whip with them...

Okay, this should be good. (Going to go out on a limb and say that, coming off of your other works, Smyth is related to the Grangers or McGonagall).
TheButterflyComposer chapter 1 . 8/28
...Okay. I could speechify here about the need to talk about guns and murder and killing and the absolutely reprehensible places Harry could possibly descend to but...I have a feeling that you just might cover this yourself or at least justify jumping off the deep end of morality.

Plus it's , wish fulfilment and I want to see Harry shoot the pompous dicks that inhabit the later books and films as much as the next Potter nut on here.

Proceed.
Tilty.bbb chapter 26 . 8/19
This was a fantastic read well done
DearDeathDay chapter 1 . 8/10
I can't go on without saying, I literally can't, that your Vernon made me laugh. I really appreciate your humor - intentional or not.
Seriously...
"My people or your?"
HarleyPotter19 chapter 26 . 7/28
I loved this story. I barely put it down, but the last bit of the epilogue confused me. Not sure what's going on there. anyway, fabulous work!
2,765 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »