Reviews for Old Soldiers Never Die
Love2read23 chapter 4 . 7/21
I think Hermione is a brilliant pick for the role here. She's smart and will be able to weather the political maneuvers at social gatherings and I like the squib grandfather backstory. It helps that they're already close.
Revliledpembroke chapter 26 . 7/11
I mean...you could have had Harry use a wand to subdue Fudge. Given his wizard status. It's one thing to use your wand to stun an opponent in a fight who just gets right back up, it's another if you are actually planning on or wanting the opponent to surrender.
Revliledpembroke chapter 3 . 7/10
Another two things...one, I love what how you portray the old soldiers. Absolutely fantastic. Two, I might actually like to hear the debate on cotton versus wool or Redcoat versus camouflage, if it was set in the proper context, but then, I'm a history buff, so maybe I'm just weird.
Revliledpembroke chapter 1 . 7/10
Two things... first, Nigel Smythe? Could you be more British? Second, lately I've found myself thinking again and again "A Dead Enemy Ain't an Enemy No More" and I always wondered why someone didn't shoot the Death Eaters, or curse them and then slit their throats or something. Glad to find a story like this. I realize that in a world with something as versatile as a wand, you can do all sorts of spells to incapacitate your enemy, but most of them can be undone by the enemy's ally. If you cut their head off (and they don't have a Horcrux), they won't get a chance to escape from jail (been arguing with a friend about why Batman should just kill his most despicable villains and my argument is mostly Joker would have been dead 80 years ago), they won't be in the next battle, and they will never harm another soul again.
jamestheweesel chapter 19 . 6/27
mclain's grand daughter is magical.
percabeth1643 chapter 7 . 6/26
O my God. Alastor is Neville's granddad, isn't he.
I'm not enamoured with the way it ended...as usual Harry gets shafted. The sad part is he would be correct he has learnt from five years at Hogwarts he is the hero for the week or so he saved everyone then for the other fifty weeks he was the enemy to be used and abused. The fact that he got rid of the death eaters, Voldemort and cleaned up the corruption he ended up losing everything and yeah GE got yo keep his magic but he lost a helluva lot else. But it was a good story though I hated that both Dumbledore and Severus walked away to resume their life while Harry pretty much list his lol.
Fast Frank chapter 6 . 6/8
Harry wouldn't know at this point, for the weapons the Regiment intends to use, military ammunition is actually less lethal than available hunting rounds. That doesn't apply to modern (AR-15 and later) assault rifles.
Fast Frank chapter 3 . 6/8
Actually, the swearing in could have been done as a group. That's how it was handled when I first enlisted.
nice sharpe reference
DD1776 chapter 8 . 6/7
Greatly enjoyed reading how Hermione and Harry are grown. I am especially liking the omake involving W.E.B. Griffins Character of Ken McCoy and Ernie Zimmerman. Wished he would write another book to follow up the Korea One.
Dethryl chapter 26 . 5/31
Perhaps the only military-influenced fic I've every enjoyed. Original, creative, and reasonably well-written. Typos galore, though. Your beta reader needs to be sacked. Thanks for writing this. Lots of fun.
Holly M chapter 10 . 5/21
LEFTENANT! Not lieutenant, they're British.
Niknakkitkat chapter 26 . 5/19
This is amazing and i love rereading it
Holly M chapter 6 . 5/19
Microsoft literally (and I mean LITERALLY not figuratively) stole their tech from Apple.
2,750 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »