Reviews for Reality Check
Spuffy chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Nice Michael's POV, I like it even when I disagree with you about the nature of Michael and Selene relationship. Maybe she wasn't actually in love with him at that moment but she certainly felt a bond forming when both of them shared painful memories, like kindred in misery. And she WAS interested in him (why would she ask about the woman in his pictures if she wasn't?), attracted, something that perhaps she felt for the first time in 600 years (she did admitted in the 4th movie that Michael was the first man she ever loved). I believe that's why she shared her secrets with him (I really don't see Selene as someone who does that frequently) and that's why she kissed him, to trick him but also as a goodbye, for she will have to kill him soon. They were powerful feelings for someone who lived so long with only revenge and hate in her heart, and Michael saying "I wanna go with you" so handsome and close... well. I can't really blame her. She IS an impulsive person after all, all the movies prove it.
TheToxicFlavouredCandy chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Dude thats awesome...I hope your going to write more...I wanna know what happens when he starts to change ...Please write more !
Hazgarn chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
I would have loved to know more about Michael's thoughts in the movie.

Loved the Mel Blanc reference too :D
SmolxSmoodee chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Good please make some more.
Ithilwen K-Bane chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
I think Michael would at least recognize her as the beautiful woman he'd noticed in the subway, even if he'd also remember that she'd been part of the shootout.

Actually, the cacaphony did draw Lucian's attention away. I think he looked to one side, if memory serves.

At this point, Michael doesn't know Selene's name. It might be cool if it's not mentioned in the parts of the narrative that are from his perspective. ... Oh wait. This is in retrospect. Never mind.

Michael might say "bit" as a past participle, but Selene's a bit more formal. She'd use the correct term, "bitten."

Aw... You left out the kiss scene. Even - or perhaps especially - with all the crazy stuff going on, Michael was getting a little attached to Selene. Then he says in that adorable breathy voice, "No, I want to go with you" and if one looks very closely, one can see him look at her lips.

"An American Werewolf in London. Jesus Christ."

Heh. Lucky for Michael he's in Budapest.

Hm. Heavy Greg Cox influence if I'm not mistaken.
XinnLajgin chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
The crack about the american werewolf in london was beautiful.
twinmuse chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Hehe..love the Michael thoughts.

He did take to the whole 'vamp/were' reality rather fast.

Loved seeing his POV on things.

Great piece!

Colly E. of twin*muse
ScarletDeath7 chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
I agree with your thinking, and your scenario really makes more sense. However, I would have liked it better if you could have found a way to keep more romance in it, but I can see how that would require more changes to other aspects of the story. Anyway, I thought you showed how Micheal would have really thought and it rocks.
baditterbunnyqueen chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Very interesting take, and it seems to fit better with the characters, especially the second scene. I always felt a little jarred by that kiss, it just felt a little too forced to me. Exceptional job of getting inside the scene and working through the characters!
Wanderer3 chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
I don't really see much difference. But the minor ones I do see make sense. Personally, I'd fresk too, once the initial coolness factor WEARS off. Get it? WEARS...Werewolves? Huh? _ ...yea yea I know bad joke...