Reviews for Lessons in Mortality
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 2/14/2006
This has been a powerhouse of story, that luckily I have had the chance to discover and devour. Each chapter was a perfect representation of what each member of the Winchester family has had to face, the pain, the guilt, the burden that they carry, all perfectly expressed in this great story. Thank you for making me sniffle at the end.. great stuff.
Latanya Kassidy chapter 3 . 2/14/2006
Oh, I definately liked this chapter. You almost made me cry when the Dr. suggested long term care for Dean. This peice was so emotional and so brilliant. Great job!

~L.K.
Kaewi chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
Beautiful. I don't know what else to say, really. I suppose there isn't going to be more from this chapter's story is there? I would have liked to see what happens next, although the stories are all really great on their own. John's character was excellent in your portrayal.
Mellaithwen chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
Holy hell that was long! And I might add
Kat Tales chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
I very liked this fic and this chapter. I like that you got John...at least as much as you can with what there is. I was in tears...again. Now, the only thing that I didn't care for was the ending. John throws a fit and suddenly his boys are better. I liked that John was willing to do anything than realize that no he wasn't going to change his life just because. I guess my beef with this is that sudden stop. We don't even get to see John with Dean. I realize that this was long. I like long. I think it would be interesting if you did a complete AU with this. Pick up right where you left off. Only Dean isn't Dean. Its just an idea. If nothing else write a follow-up to this.

Over all, just really great. _
Somebody Once chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
OH MY GOD.

BEST DAMN THING I'VE EVER READ.

I adore your John. He's ABSOLUTELY perfectly in character. He's not a saint, he's not a devil. He's a dad. A bitter, grief stricken Daddy.

Absolutely WONDERFUL job!
Eternal Dragon101 chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
I think you did a fantastic job showing John's point of view. I know how hard that can be. Good work. Update soon!

Flames Out

Dragon
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
This is just heartbreaking. John can come within a breathh of losing both of his sons, and yet still push on. Deluded, tormented man! You have captured him so perfectly - his turmoil and his resolve, as misguided as it is. And he does love his sons, for all that he has a completely warped way of showing it.

Your writing is so in-depth, and each chapter has put us right there, in each of the Winchesters' heads. Such hard lessons they learned!

This was the perfect conclusion to the series . . .just wonderfully sad. Amazing story! Thank you for sharing!
Jayme chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
Very Good.
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
Very cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 3 . 2/13/2006
Great ending, Faye. Thanks for showing how hard this is on John. He is, afterall, still a parent.

Wonderfull stuff.

Thanks for sharing,

Emily
doyoufeellikeyourfallingdown chapter 2 . 2/10/2006
AAWW how cute! I loved it! i can't write a really long comment because i have to go to school... like NOW, but yeha i realyl loved it SO much! it was so cute i was dying of the cute ness when he said 'i love you' ! adorable story, i can't wait for more!
aniki19 chapter 2 . 2/9/2006
i love this!

the angst, the torture, the hurt n most of all;the torment! *puts hand dramatically to forehead*

oh the torment!

ur evil n i adore u!
Lilly B chapter 2 . 2/9/2006
wow...this is a very good story. you are an exceptional writer; your chapters are so easy to read because they flow really well. i really like the idea for this story, it's really original. can't wait for the next installment!
Eternal Dragon101 chapter 2 . 2/8/2006
Completely loved this chapter! You did an awsome job!

Flames Out