Reviews for Little Black Dress
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I guess that you probably know that Kodak used this song in a TV commercial back around 1960. Checked it out on YouTube.
JAKT chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
You really did take the idea of the Little Black Dress and stood it on it's head and took the whole idea in another direction with this story.

This is a wonderful piece which should be recognized as a classic story in KP literature. There really needs to be a follow-up to the Fannies with a Hall of Fame for works like this one.

Thank you for a very touching one shot that creates memories for the past, present and future. That is why you write the things you do. You always leave an impact that touches the soul in someway; whether it is deep impressions of reflection, a laugh, a smile, or hope for brighter tomorrows. Never stop.
Fazo the Great chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Great story. Keep up thr great work.
bthecatslayer chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Wow! That brought tears to my eyes.

what a neat story.
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
That was pretty good. I think this story is mostly about you letting go (or soon to be) your children...or maybe i'm wrong. That was pretty touching. Thanks God i'm not a father...yet. I wonder If i would feel the same way...this is really troublesome. Keep on writing.

Danny
jessicajason chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Oh, man. If I had a daughter (or were a man), that would have totally hit me right in the heart. As it was, I found it unbelievably sweet. I love the way you write Kim's parents as more than two-dimensional background characters. Another job well done.
fortunatexfool chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
So heartwarming. I nearly cried :):) Makes me appreciate my dad a little more. *claps*
Ranchero D chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Bravo, Kelly. Out of the Park again. The girls and I just read it together, and loved the story.

Got a small help, when Mr. Dr. P "knells" in front of the cabinet for the album. Should be "kneels". I think there should be another comma in there, too.

Still looking for the continuation for Bloom...can hardly wait.

Kids growing up are so much fun...whatever you do, try not to miss a minute of it. My kids seem to have grown up in about 6 months...and I feel I missed too much.

However, Grandkids are the best solution. I am blessed with the finest kind.

Once again, GOD bless you and yours, and thank you for sharing your talent with us all.

Dave and the Girls
3VAD127 chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Another great fic. I loved reading this one, like I do all of your other stories. Good stuff, and I can't wait until the updating of "The Lotus Bloom."
conan98002 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
yep you definatly showed his human side I liked how he wasnt too overly protective but you could tell that he is the best way to describe it the saddness of knowing his little girl is growing up and the bond that they once shared is changing along with the joy of who she is growing into and the the way their relationship as father and daughter is growing.A wonerfull fic with a funny ending
mattb3671 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Cap, you, once again had me all choked up reading this, right til the end, when I couldn't help but laugh. Go, James!

Very heartfelt, amigo.

THANKS!
Molloy chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Nice story. You are right that MrDrP's deeper feelings and the reasons he has for being overly protective of Kim aren't explored enough in the show.

I did notice some slips from first to third person. I would opt for keeping it all in first person. No real detriment to the story though.

The placement of the song's lyrics were well done. I only know Nancy Griffith's version of the song, but certainly a male singer's version is more appropriate for the story.

The naughty twist at the end was a nice way to end it.
Zaratan chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Yeah, this story was incredibly sweet, even more so that it's based on reality as well. And you blended just enough humour in to spice it up. Well done!
daywalkr82 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
A sentimental story to be sure. The only problem I saw was that you switched from First Person to Third Person Limited at least twice. I know for a fact that that is a major grammar no-no. Other than that, it was a sweet little story from Mr. Dr. P's POV.
o-flightless chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
That was a sweet story! I liked it bieng from her dad's point of view, I guess, being a girl myself, I never really thought of it that way...

kpandron