Reviews for We Will Become Silhouettes
Etrangere chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Ouch. Painful and gorgeous.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
wow just wow
Paosheep chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Tragic. Also, beautiful.

But a very, very hollow beauty.

Thanks for sharing.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Holy crap. Where was I when you wrote this? I nearly cried while reading this. I mentioned to someone recently about not reading many fics about the passage of time versus characters, lately. And lo and behold, I see this.

What a sad existence. Colette's attitude really, truly broke my heart there for a minute. Despite people who dislike her character, and despite the fact that she's a ditz... she was totally in character. After a thousand years go by, everyone WOULD be dead but a few. And I could never imagine (nor would I want to do so) what it would be like to be one fo the people stuck there; knowing that death was far away, and that all you'd ever cared about was gone.

Your description of Altamira (and of her getting the place) was amazing. I mentioned the Lezerano Company failing to someone just the other day; kind of as a what-if. I never even had considered that it could be a deserted slum. I like how you think.

This truly was a beautiful piece of writing. Probably the most insightful and depressing 'fic in this section.

How Presea had to keep telling Colette that they were all dead... how Colette lived in the house that had once belonged to Virginia Sage (who was long dead, herself). And how she had found Lloyd's grave, and eventually had stopped telling Colette that the others were dead- GONE- and that they would never come back.

There definitely needs to be more pieces of artwork (for that is what this is) out there. It may be depressing, but it's only too true.

Thank you for such a wonderful read. You know this is going on my favorite's list. :)

Pawprints,

-KK
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Beautifully sweet and sad. You have a real talent for writing. Presea's voice was portrayed very masterfully, and the pairing was with Yuan, correct? (I doubt it was Kratos, since he left for Derris Kharlan and all...) Amazing, amazing job.
press rewind listen again chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
This one made me cry. I must admit I never looked at it in that way.

Great job :)
Celechan chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Depressing, yet beautiful at the same time. Presea was wonderfully portrayed, and the other things that made up this fanfic, like Colette going into her own world like Virginia, Altamira now in shambles, that talk between... well, was it Kratos or Yuan? Either way, it well done.
Disuse chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Oh wow, that was just lovely. Sab is an excellent fanficcer, isn't she?

I loved how you portrayed Presea-Not foolish, but not all tears either. I also liked what happened to Colette because I thought that she would rather pretend that they were still alive than finally realizing it. Your prose and characterization is spot on and I absolutely adored it. Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous fic!
maison de neener chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
I haven't communicated with you in absolutely ages but I just recently looked you up and was very excited to see this_! I not only love the Postal Service song, but I just recently got into Tales of Symphonia so this was a definite treat. It was wonderous! Very lovely job, kudos x infinity:)
angel white chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
A truly ferior piece of work.

It is a very haunting piece, very tragic, and I really do love the style. The scenes with Colette amuse me the most, but overall it just flows. I never have a problem with your writing.

(...Except for the 'anyways'. That always bothered me.)

Still. Completely ferior.
Sabriel41 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Thank you again for such a lovely gift, Silvie. The way you write Presea is... wistful and painful and ineffably strong all at once, and it's a pleasure to read. I love how you were brave enough to guess a future for these lands; how they adapt and forget their heroes, but how their heroes never really forget those who they have saved, and those who have saved *them* along the way.

Kudos, and Cheers, as always.

Sabe.
Neko Kuroban chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Better than any Tales of Symphonia fic that I've ever read. Excellent work, Silvie.
KaorinPaintsTheStars chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Aww...that was really haunting. I couldn't stop reading that once I started...and now I'm late for my lecture. Amazing fic!
Kybok chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Beautiful as always, Silvie. And haunting. It was Yuan that was with her, no? Since, of course, Kratos was up on that comet and everyone else was dead. Your writing never ceases to amaze me. The way you write Presea, too. I would think that living so long would make a person apathetic.