Reviews for Song of the Waters
Little Grey Fountain chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Loved your little story.
Celegorm chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Levade,

First, congratulations for having a no nonsense name. At least it's not like . It's Nice and short.

I have to say that, and I do not do this often, that this was quite on the level of Tolkien had he written in this more personal style. I thought that Ecthelion was well portrayed especially in relation to the longing of the sea; an interesting twist for the Lord of the Fountain.

My tiny flame is the stereotypical portrayal of Maeglin as always being the creepy, black haired elf hiding in corners. It does seem that his evil is shown in being rude, for no reason at all. I think that if you could fix that this would be perfect.

Celegorm
seeing-spots chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Wow! This is a beautiful story, full of dark predictions but also bringing hope. The flow was just right and there was just enough "humanness" to the whole thing to make it all seem real. Great job.
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
What a lovely piece with which to re-enter Tolkien fanfiction. I've been out of the loop for awhile myself and just decided to check on some of my favorite authors and was very please to see something new by you. You did a lot of interesting thinking on this one. The idea of Gondolin being a beautiful prison, and that the inhabitants would long for their former seaside home is insightful. I believe that it is a valid theory, poor Turgon, he wanted so much to protect his people and yet he inadvertantly brought to bear the doom placed on the Noldor by the Valar. Well, I'm getting off into the deep here, *g*, but you incorporated that underlying strain very deftly with the sweetness of daily life, comforting babies, reasuring new fathers, seeking personal comfort in natures beauty. Excellent, excellent, hope you stay inspired, your writing just gets better and better.
Jaffee Leeds chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I...sniff...sniff...I thought it was...was just lovely.

Jaffee