Reviews for Independence of a Hero
grimmich chapter 3 . 10/15/2011
ooo YUMMI tattoos! I love fics where Harry gets tats! I can't wait to see what everyone's reaction will be to this Harry when he gets back though it is sad that he is going to have to leave the others especially Sal! Those to are awesome together!
Dragon VS Phoenix chapter 17 . 9/19/2011
awesome thats all i need to say and i can't wait til the next chapter comes out.
ashes9492 chapter 17 . 9/5/2011
That was awesome, I was very emotional when I was reading your story please write more soon please
Notableword chapter 3 . 8/11/2011
Wouldn't their travels take longer? unless they were apparating from place to place (besides how does your apparating theory work)

Their training was overly glossed over and apparently unimportant since you didn't use a lot of time describing them.

The two previous criticisms are "acceptable" however the meeting with the other founders was overly uncomplicated; two strangers suddenly makes the three comrades accept them into their group and endeavours. doesn't really sound realistic, and shouldn't they showcase their skill to be accepted as worthy partners.

The overall story still is interesting, however their travels and training seems to be too "smooth" the lack of conflict with their path shouldn't be possible.

Notableword chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
Interesting, however i found it a bit strange that Harry accepted that he had arrived in the past with little forethought/proof.

Also telling a complete stranger his life story (including that he is from the future) doesn't really fit Harry's persona.

I would recommend that you change the story so that Harry first tells Sal that he is from the future after Harry begins to accept being stuck in the past and after he begins to trust him.

Overall You should take your time with the stories progression and not rush it. especially when describing a relationship (Sal and Harry) that seems to be important for the future of the story.

Rio47 chapter 17 . 7/30/2011
It's a shame that you never finished this great work of your's it is one of the best I have ever read.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 17 . 6/29/2011
My favourite characters, in general, are Harry Potter, Salazar Slytherin (not a Dark Lord), Severus Snape (with principles and morals; not a coward), Godric Gryffindor (as long as he isn't an idiot and isn't prejudiced against Salazar), Hermione (as long as she isn't badgering her friends too much and bossing them around), Ron (as long as he isn't prejudiced against Slytherins and snakes), Weasley twins (as long as their pranks aren't humiliating, and they aren't prejudiced against Slytherins, snakes, et cetera), Malfoys (as long as family is more important to them than Voldemort, and they are able to overcome pure-blood prejudices), Quirrell (when he is a positive/independent character, and not just a dummy possessed by Voldemort), heads of Gryffindor (Minerva, as long as she isn't prejudiced against Slytherins) and Ravenclaw (the duellist), Alastor Moody (especially when he is a Slytherin), Amelia Bones (fair). Whom else have I forgotten?

I'm glad to see Harry Potter and Salazar Slytherin here, though I'm not used to the idea of Rowena Ravenclaw with them. I'm glad Harry found a way to return to his time, his friends, and bring Salazar and Rowena with him. I respect Rufus Scrimgeour and I hope he becomes more sensible and understands he shouldn't treat Harry as a pawn. I'm sorry for Hermione's loss.

The book is strange, and seems to be hurried; it seems to be full of theatricality (but well, it's an adventure story, so it shouldn't be surprising it's overloaded with excitement), especially when you compress ten years of Harry's life into short chapters, hurrying events. The book could be seven times longer, but then, it would take patience to go into details of lives and travels in the time of the founders. And I really don't understand how could Harry and Rowena become so close so quickly, and how could Salazar trust Harry so quickly, without dosing him with truth potions and going through his memories. I know that Sal isn't a Dark Lord, but fighting against your own family, and having bad reputation due to the same family, should have made Salazar paranoid.

Good day, good night, good luck.

Finding a way to travel back into the future is more believable than having Slytherin's body preserved through thousand of years inside Hogwarts. Though time magic and its potential paradox is still confusing. Will a fifth house be added to Hogwarts after Harry Potter is declared to be the Black Prince, contemporary of the Founders?
Poseidon93 chapter 17 . 6/12/2011
Shame you quitted it, but hopefully the one who picked it up will finish it :)
HP-DG-SB-NR-RR-AG-TD-KB-HA-AJ chapter 17 . 6/7/2011
Hey there dear author, I was just wondering if you were ever going to update this story. Could you please give me a shout if you need any help with it? It's so sad that you let this brilliantly beautiful story die like this. Please continue it, or let me know if you desire to give it up for adoption.

G Fawkes chapter 17 . 6/7/2011
Really good, potentially epic, could have been amazing...and it just stopped?
G Fawkes chapter 11 . 6/6/2011
" You got some splainin' to do, Harry!" "Is that so, Dumbledork? How 'bout you go clear your stuff outa MY office, and leave? I'll take it from here, seeing as how WE BUILT THIS PLACE, and it was Sal's and my money THAT PAID FOR IT! "... sorry, just daydreaming.
god of all chapter 17 . 5/30/2011
Great chapter and story so far pleases continue this story soon.
crazyjim87 chapter 16 . 1/14/2011
I read your story many times and i was wondering when will you update it. I would like to see it continued and possibly finished.
accidentalsuperhero chapter 17 . 12/27/2010
This is a pretty good fic. Damn shame it's been abandoned.
TurtleBlue chapter 10 . 10/12/2010
Harry appears to be a bit "Thick" in this fic - I do not advocate a Supper:Harry but a few more brain cells firing properly would not go amiss - otherwise he needs his Roe/'Mione to do the heavy-lifting of the noggin.
420 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »