Reviews for In Reverse
Oh my chapter 31 . 1/1/2014
You are a God or Goddess... whatever, THIS STORY WAS AMAZING! I have so many FEELS right now it's unbelievable! I love the reactions between people that Sam knew and Dean... poor guy D:
Blake is a jerk but I love that you had him in the story. Loved Sammy going all *angry moose* on the guy.
MegGenScull chapter 31 . 12/14/2013
This story was mind blowing - utterly amazing. Everything was so present and real and vivid, you, my friend, have an exceptional gift. It's sad, though, when you realise that Sam never returned those water coolers, that they didn't drop by Jack and Elly's wedding, that Kim marries off and thinks about Sam from time to time, wondering. And then, of course, six years after telling them goodbye watching the news and finding out that they were these crazed psycho-murderers. I can just imagine Blake's face. Ugh. Creep.
Leighna07 chapter 31 . 12/9/2013
The story is really fun to read and very compelling. The way you describe each character's emotion and expression makes me visualize every scene. Thank you for the hard work and for sharing the story. I haven't read the The Outsider yet but i will. Keep it up i'm sure soon enough you will have your own book published. :)
Guest chapter 31 . 11/30/2013
I re-read this story at least once a year. One of the best pieces of Supernatural fiction I have ever come across. And at the end of each re-reading I check to see if maybe you have written something else about Sam and Dean...but thank you, as always, for In Reverse. Pure brilliance.
Tzapporah chapter 30 . 10/28/2013
I really love this fic, I've read it 3 times now. I do have one big question, though, that I haven't been able to figure out. Just what *did* Blake think was going on?
NyteKit chapter 31 . 10/8/2013
This was wonderful! I love reading casefics, and especially ones where Dean and Sam have to interact with some of Sam's Stanford friends. There's always that one asshole but even I didn't expect the amount of crazy Blake had in him. He'd better be glad 1, that he caught Dean in pain, tired, and off-guard else Dean would have laid him out and 2, that Sam only knocked him unconscious because that could have gone a lot worse for him. What I really appreciate about this story is that at no point is Sam seemingly deciding between his friends and his brother; he's already chosen Dean and I really like that. Less drama, though this definitely had enough drama without that added in. Overall this was just a wonderful casefic with some great hurt!Dean AND some hurt!Sam and it just doesn't get much better than that.
Hundley chapter 31 . 9/24/2013
Just read this story after a friend's recommendation that you were a good writer. Have to agree with that, for sure.

I won't go into detail, since I'm late to the game, but I wanted you to know that I enjoyed the well-laid out and well-presented plot. I particularly liked that you had both Sam and Dean involved equally in the story and the action.

Great read. I thoroughly enjoyed.
Tzapporah chapter 31 . 9/20/2013
That story was pretty damn awesome. I was definitely hooked. I like the Ghost Sickness variations, and yeah...I was definitely happy when Sam laid Blake out...that guy was a douche.
MarleeJames chapter 31 . 9/18/2013
A well-written and very well-devised story that dealt with many things for both Sam and Dean. I liked the flashbacks more than the present time, I think, although the entire book was absorbing and I read it in a straight sitting of 5 hours. So no, I'm afraid I will disagree about your opinion of your writing being 'excessive' - there were as many words as there needed to be, as Mozart said Joseph vis a vis the notes.
MarleeJames chapter 23 . 9/17/2013
I'm glad you brought up Sam and Ellicott. Not many ff writers seem to, as if they don't know Dean well enough to have realised what that did to him. Certainly the writers on the show never brought it up again but then they really didn't know Dean.
Cockapoo chapter 31 . 9/17/2013
THIS. WAS. AMAZING. I stayed up till three in the morning reading because I could tear myself away, I cried so many times...FANTASTIC STORY. I think this is definitely the best Supernatural fanfic I have ever ever read. I would tell you my favorite part, but there were just too many. Thank you for such a lovely story, hope to read more from you :)
greenwise chapter 31 . 9/13/2013
Great story
dljensengirl88 chapter 31 . 9/11/2013
I wonder if I can get through this sweetly and succinctly. :-)

Even though I am a fanfiction member (it's only been not quite 2 years now), I found your story via someone's blog. Took me a week and a half - I do have to work, sleep, take care of kids, that sorta thing - but let me tell you it was painful not to be reading when I wasn't. Went to bed too late, too often because of you. Had you up on my monitor at work ready for my lunch break to dive back in. Too long? Noooo. I hated watching the chapters tick by knowing I was coming to the end!

I think this is the longest fanfic I have ever read or even know about right now. I've done ones with chapters in the teens, maybe hovering around 20, but wow. 31. You're awesome. :-) You really developed the story and since I don't generally have issues with flash backs (if you can do it without confusing me), then bravo. I loved how they worked together and really helped make each time period make sense.

I so appreciate how you used John here and followed canon as much as possible. Those are the stories that draw me. The physical brotherly affection you allowed, I think, is more than they do on the show but it is totally believable. I completely buy this being how they are when we don't see them. And I loved that so much. Not too much angst; a willingness to talk but not too easily, you let them stay true to their often repressed personalities; past Sam and Dean/current Sam and Dean - you did a great job.

Since you have over 1,000 comments here I won't go weeding through them to see if anyone mentioned your obvious ability to predict the future, though I am sure I'm not the only one who noticed that you wrote and updated this a year or two before a couple of eerily similar episodes happened. Reading this threw me back to Yellow Fever and the ghost sickness Dean dealt with in season 4. And darn if Blake isn't a precursor to Brady in season 5. I swear the whole time I kept thinking, "Blake is a demon. That's why this is happening." I had to double check since I knew the name in the show started with a B too. Wild stuff, but I think all the more evidence that you've got a lock on the perspective of these guys and the way the show works so you can write these inbetween stories and it makes sense.

Can't wait to see what else you've done. And to figure out how to dig up more of this type of writing on this site. Excellent job.
Beautiful Wednesday chapter 31 . 8/25/2013
A stellar story. The mystery and the action blended seamlessly with the emotional conflicts. The counterpoint of the past encounter with the "cassarole" (ten points for that, by the way!), the great pacing and the spot-on characterizations rounded this out into a perfect Supernatural story. I enjoyed every page (and love the little coda in the author's notes about Charlie). Terrific work!
Aquanova chapter 31 . 8/21/2013
This was just one epic ride from beginning to end, and after I read the last line I let out this huge sigh, like '...wow.' I got that feeling you sometimes get when you finish this really intense movie or novel that's been battle after battle and non-stop action and conflict where its like some combination of relief and just plain satisfaction at having finished something good. Random thing: I think some of your minor original characters got a little neglected during the fic, but you had quite a few to deal with and I think the fact that you manage to build a few that felt realistic and likeable to me is a definite plus, and not something every writer manages to pull off. Blake being somewhat connectable to one of the ghosts (at least, the ghost thought so) was an interesting twist but I felt like I was suppose to realize some deeper insight about Blake's character that I wasn't quite getting. I also enjoyed the constant parallels between Dean-Sam and Jack-Charlie.
So uh, basically. I liked this a lot? Kudos, dude.

-Aq.