Reviews for Last Ride
DarkLover4Life chapter 5 . 4/14/2013
And I wished they gotten together... Bummer oh well but other than that I totally loved this story. Though the ending did seem somewhat rushed. Overall Nice work. :)
DarkLover4Life chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
Woah.. Meooow! Can I say that I really love this chapter? Because I do.
DarkLover4Life chapter 3 . 4/14/2013
Hey, This chapter was great. This is one of my favorite stories ever. After reading this story I sorta became a D/Leila shipper. I mean I seriously like your writing style its really detailed and The tension you make is like 'Wow!' AT some parts I was laughing and squealing because I was so into reading it!
DarkLover4Life chapter 2 . 4/14/2013
Hi again! This chapter was well, REALLY REALLY GREAT! I loved it!
DarkLover4Life chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Hi there! I hope it isn't weird to get a review four years later but, I gotta admit this story is good. I mean real good. You're also right about the seriously big lack of D/Leila fics and this fanfic is totally awesome!
zigzagzwigaretten chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
So I'm like 'WHAT?...WHAT!' at the end of this, but then I settle down and realize how truly enjoyable and well written this fanfiction is. You characterized them, D and Leila, wonderfully and...Oddly enough I like the fact they did not 'get together'. It's much more entertaining and memorable that way. Unlike some people, I like Leila as a character and it makes me a little disappointed that I don't see more D/Leila fics...even if they are just drabbles.

Great job.
Sylista chapter 5 . 12/10/2008
OMG i love this! Great job!
Goth Angel UK chapter 5 . 10/6/2008
That was simply a gorgeous story. I loved it and you portray the characters so well that it's uncanny. Not to mention the sexual tension between them which was totally believable and, as someone else said, hotter than them actually doing the deed (although I was really hoping they would eventually!). I will definitely check your other stories, hope you have a few more of VHD lurking around ;)
Erin C chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I left a short review months ago and only just came back to reread this, and yup, it's as excellent as ever. You have a really easy, natural writing style that accomplishes a great deal without a lot of fanfare... and good God, the characterization. Yes, these are the characters we know and love, which is what I come to fanfic for and don't find nearly as often as I'd like. (Not that I can afford to point fingers, not having finished any of my own VHD fics and not knowing to what extent they're utterly craptastic anyway.) This is a wonderful extrapolation of what might have been, post-Bloodlust.

I don't understand the authors who seem to think D would make the perfect courtly romantic boyfriend. Come on! The dude rarely says more than two words to anyone in either movie and can't even manage a civil relationship with his hand (any double entendres purely intentional). He's strung tight as a wire, and I really appreciate that you capture this and characterize him so believably. That bit where he and Leila have just arrived in town and D is panicking inside because he's not supposed to BE here is so wonderfully telling. And because we're witnessing events from both D and Leila's perspectives by turns, we get to see his inner turmoil and that it only rarely breaks the surface. You keep him appropriately understated.

And Leila. You've captured her personality beautifully, and I think it's wonderful that, while she's attracted to D, she never gets so hung up on him that he becomes her only focus. Even though she's still very believably mourning the Marcuses, it really is a bit like she's on vacation at this point in her life. She has no responsibilities, a future that's wide open, and we see toward the end of Bloodlust how some of her own emotional wounds have healed, so it seems entirely reasonable that she'd be enjoying the moment - her attraction to D, the soft bed and good food in town, being free in a way she wasn't when she was slave to vengeance, in a way D can't ever be no matter how rootless and unattached he is. (I like how you work in his quest for the Sacred Ancestor and give the impression that Leila has started to move on from her past while D's still irrevocably hitched to his.) It's like the symbiote points out - she WANTS D, she doesn't need him. By contrast, D's desire for her is much more acute, perhaps in part because he puts so much pressure on himself not to step an inch out of line - and yeah, because he's so much alone.

The sexual tension is practically another character in the story. Poor D, you torture him so marvelously with the one bed and Leila (ahem) satisfying herself in the next room, all the while thinking of him. This fic is sexier than many that have actual sex scenes. The nice thing is, it's not just about animal lust - D and Leila's interactions are genuinely enjoyable, like the conversation where Leila pokes at D about getting her share of the money, and later on when they double-team the jelly-beast. Part of me wishes they could've gotten it on, but the rest of me thinks you did the right thing in not going there.

Miscellaneous stuff: Everything about the symbiote and his constant needling is great and true to the film. I like how, when you take us into Leila's thoughts, we're so often reminded of the Marcuses - they were great characters, and you really make us feel their impact, still. I like how you work in bits of world-building from the novels while still staying true to the character of the movie (which, while I realize this seems to be a minority opinion, I like a whole lot better than the books).

Anything negative? The writing strikes me as just a bit awkward at the very beginning, and I'm none too fond of epithets, but (excuse me for fangirling) this story is SO FREAKING AWESOME in pretty much every other respect. I hope someday you're moved to write more VHD fic, because this is one of the very best stories in the fandom.
nomods chapter 5 . 5/12/2007
I hardly ever review, but this one was just lovely. Absolutely loved it, completely engaging and well-written, not to mention so true to the characters. :)
Nightbourne chapter 5 . 2/21/2007
It was...amazing...But...but...some how, I feel unfulfilled...erg, I guess you made D exactly how he is... Silent but deadly (tee hee) I love him and I love what you've done with him! XOXOXOXO
Erin C chapter 5 . 8/14/2006
Wow. This is quite simply one of the best things to be posted in the VHD section at I hope I can remember to come back to this and give more detailed feedback later, but I did want to say this much while I was thinking about it. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming fic you mention at the end of Chapter 5!
Fandomme chapter 5 . 5/24/2006
This was a really good fic. Just what I needed! I agree with the others; you kept the characters in character, and still told an interesting story. I really like stories that don't succumb to the sexual tension immediately-I think there are a lot of things one can learn about a character by making them wait. Good job!
Mag Carter chapter 5 . 5/8/2006
*sniff* That was too sweet. But I like how it ended. I hope you keep writing. I like your style.
Mag Carter chapter 2 . 5/8/2006
Nice chapter, very sultry. You handle these two very effectively. I'm adding you to my favorites.