Reviews for Servant & Master
SecondSystem chapter 7 . 8/31/2007
Aahaha. Goodness. Lots of stuff I'd like to fix in that.

I meant II and I. Me Moron. And tons of misspellings.

And hey, while I'm here, I might as well mention that I

just re-read everything, and now I have all the details firmly

fixed in my mind and, without a doubt, every time I play the

game or see a picture of our beloved freakshow, I'm going

to remember all this and subconsciously canonize it into

his backstory. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

(Oho. Thought we got TWO new reviews? Nope. You've been -had-. ;B)
SecondSystem chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
When I was directed here by what I assume was your own link in a group from Facebook, I have to admit I wasn’t expecting anything fabulous. The unspoken rule of VG fanfiction seems to be, on the whole, that it’s all talentless bullshit. Awful of me to go author bashing like that, on a generalization. I think I’m being pretty truthful, personally. Enough negative half-baked judgment. ON TO THE REVIEW.

I fucking loved this. First and foremost. I was on toes from the first paragraph, and by the time the initiating chapter was done, I was frothing at the mouth for more. Your descriptive skills are precise and flavoured in just the way that incites me. And not only that, but you’ve taken it upon yourself to write about a complex character, in florid detail, under almost totally improvised circumstances, and you damn well pulled it off. I love the tension you create so easily and the eagerness with which I am overcome for the next instalment.

I also love Voldo. Of course. Shame on those who can’t see his unique lustre. I’ve played both SCII and I, and he’s unfailingly the most interesting, versatile spirit out of the lot, and in writing this you have captured not only the core of a deliciously insane, eclectic, attractive work of art, but exposed a resounding truth in honest human nature and the ferality with which it can succumb to in order of continued survival. It’s almost a credible, though fictitious, document just as soon as it is a flight of fancy, and either way; gripping!

And you know, about Vicci, it’s wonderful how you persevere with his sadism and self-serving mien, and though I’d like to see him slowly humanized in later chapters, that’s only because /I’m/ human and I continue to endure existence on this earth under the optimistic illusion of our specie’s somewhat contradictory but inherent goodness. Eh. I’m a fruit for breaking down the dynamics of our psychology—but only because I hope my morbid curiosity will be rewarded with something -not- subhuman. So ignore me on that point, dollface. Ignore me on whatever irks you about my doting. I want to help, not hinder.

I hardly ever say anything to anyone about their writing, and am secretive about my own, but you are doing what I someday plan to do, and I respect your efforts and feverishly cheer you on in your literary journey through the labyrinth of possibility and intrigue associated with your undertaking.

Oops. Getting a bit too preach toned.

Maybe I’m just incredibly turned on by it all and will die if I don’t get more. MOAR MOAR MOAR! I even ponder fanarting this. Can you even imagine how mortified that makes me feel? Fanart. My God. I /am/ truly mad.

You are the proud parent of a new species of heroin, my friend. Please, just a little more.

~On seat’s edge forever and always, your adoring Reader, 23.
Unsparing-Crow-4 chapter 7 . 6/20/2007
This is by far the best story i have ever read.i must admit, it's rather hard to find Voldo fics, so i must express how thankful i am that you have written such a you know.i am a huge Voldo fan. i like the way you have captured Voldo's personality.
Radiant Pencil chapter 7 . 3/7/2007
Oh, I'm so glad you've decided to continue this story! I just loved how Voldo took Vercci's finger. It'd be intimate if it weren't so grotesque. I really hope you update soon. I want to see what other lessons Vercci has in store. I wonder if Voldo will try talking to him. What would he say? Anyway, keep writing!
Hey Lady Hey chapter 7 . 1/20/2007
This story... it's one of the best I've ever read. Beautifully written, perfect grammer, spelling, and one of the best, if not the best format I've ever seen in a fanfiction. It's good enough to be published. Please continue.
deathberry1392 chapter 7 . 1/9/2007
holy sh*t! he took his finger! holy sh*t! awsome climax, man 0_0!
Turock chapter 6 . 12/30/2006
Well, I've printed out your story because... I'm making a comic book out of it! I've got the first chapter thumbnailed and the first page pretty much finished.

Now that I've printed out the story, I'm finding some grammatical errors. Your grammar is very Germanic; so interesting! I'd like to talk with you more about this and the comic, but didn't know if you got the private message I sent you. Whenever you get the chance (and if you're at all interested), could you email me at ?

Again, to everyone else out there, I think you'll agree with me, this is the best Soul Cal fic. Period! Don't let your heart beat again until you've read it!
Turock chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Good grief. I am literally sobbing as I read this fic. I'm totally in love with Voldo and have always hated Vercci. Your descriptions of all the physical and emotional pain the old bastard puts Voldo through is just too much for me to take... I love it!

Voldo's backstory is so intriguing, especially how you've chosen to make him insane even before Vercci twists him. That dissociation he does to escape the horror is really what brought me to tears. It's just so tragic.

On another note, I like drawing horror images, like people hanging from hooks, etc. (akin to Clive Barker's "Tortured Souls" series, sculpted by Todd McFarlan) Would you mind if I tried to sketch out some of these scenes in graphic novel-style?
The Pocketwatch chapter 6 . 5/13/2006
That was awe-inspiring. Probably the best fanfic I've ever read. Creepy, disturbing, and profound.
Radiant Pencil chapter 6 . 5/1/2006
It was worth waiting for, this chapter. I was very pleased with the overall telling and I just loved the name. I was surprised and glad that Vercci showed some restraint. I was also surprised by Voldo's eyes. I was figuring they were going to be red. I'm glad they weren't. I must say, that your details are arousing, without being smutty and THAT is very hard to do. I look forward to the next chapter and I hope it's easier to upload.

The Holy Bible...? Vercci, you dog!
Radiant Pencil chapter 5 . 4/12/2006
Bravo! You did such an excellent job! Where do I begin?

You narrated the fight between Voldo and Cephas brilliantly. Writing fight scenes is a tricky thing; you have to provide detail but not to the point of being cumbersome. The way you described the cannibal's fighting style was wonderful.

You also are able to capture Voldo's state of mind really well, using third person thoughts to describe a man that is also an animal. I loved how you described when Cephas saw Voldo's eyes.

I love to hate Vercci. You make him the embodiment of greed and perversion but without overdoing it.

Now I want to go draw this chapter...

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Fenris Mourningstar chapter 5 . 4/12/2006
Another brilliant chapter, I must say. I absolutely loved the long and well written fight scene, as those really are difficult to do.

This chapter definitely brought more insight to both men and their thoughts, and the more sick and possessive Vercci proves to be, the more I find myself enjoying reading him. The intricate balance between man and beast you're created for Voldo is absolutely captivating! I really can't tell which one the servants should be more afraid of...

Can I offer just a tiny hint, though? The word you'd wished to use is "pale", not "pail". They may sound alike, but the difference in meaning is enormous.
The Builder of Worlds chapter 5 . 4/11/2006
O_O

I love this. OMG YES.

I have no other words of praise - I think I wasted them all on the preview reviews.

I love it!
Fenris Mourningstar chapter 4 . 3/27/2006
This is creepy, twisted, evil and I love it. I've always felt that when it comes to fics, Voldo just doesn't get the attention he deserves so I'm interested and happy to read these kinds of fascinating stories.

Your writing style is nothing short of breathtaking. The great flow of words paints exciting and macabre imagery, and you manage to write even the most gruesome scenes with tasteful ease. No cheap scares but deep and captivating characters who draw the reader in and grow on them, despite their dark nature.

This is absolutely brilliant work and I'm trying not to hold my breath, waiting for the next chapter of this startling tale.
Radiant Pencil chapter 4 . 3/21/2006
Ah, this gets better and better! This chapter did well in explaining Voldo's facial bindings in the game. Vercci is a sick, sick man and I just love how you've written his character. Having him pit the cannibal against Cephas was undoubtedly wicked. And though it was a trivial thing, I thought it was immensly interesting how you made Voldo afraid of horses. It's little details like that that makes a fic truly enjoyable. I look forward to the next chapter.