Reviews for no such thing as monsters
rabbit keys chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
This was so sad. I loved it.
LunarianPrincess chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
omg. that was so heartbreaking, and sweet, and sad, and touching. So great.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Really nice explanation of the back story to that line. And I liked the way you wrote John as he wrestled with how to handle the situation.
Firecat chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
That's actually really sweet, in kind of a strange way. It was a throwaway line on the show, but you've turned it into a touching little one-shot.
I can totally imagine little Sam when his dad tells him, "If anything comes out of that closet, you shoot it with this, understand?"
Nice job.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Very, very good. But wow, glad Sam didn't shoot Dean!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I've seen a few versions of this memory, but this is my favorite. I like this view of John, encouraging his boys' education and a gentle father, and Dean's involvement at the end is so like him, too. Very nice characterizations.
JPSW Supernatural DWJA chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
it was good. the summary is sort of wrong though. he actually says; "When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45."
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
That was sweet! The Sam/John interaction was nice. Makes me wonder if that's what things were like until Sam realized that their life wasn't "normal."

JJ
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
very sweet story. It was nice to see Sam and Dad having time together, and even John teaching him to take care of himself by giving him a gun makes sense in a twisted (TV-only) way. Nice writing; I can't wait to read more of you stories!
Porcelain Princess 2 chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
that was sweet
KBecks87 chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
great story and very cute ending.
moveablehistory chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Hi, Kira. :)

I'm completely new to Supernatural fandom, and your fic is the first I've read. I've got to say that it's pretty much a perfect way to start. :)

I like how it easily delineates John's anxiety about his sons, and how his hard choice ended up being easier to slip into than I would have thought. Dean's protective nature coming out was subtle and I liked the sense of fraternity.

All in all, wow. I'm looking forward to reading your other fic, yay. :)

- Gisela.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Ha ha ha. Aw. Sweet. I like how you portrayed John. Too many authors make him out to be a bad guy, but I don't he was. He raised his kids the best way he knew how. Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
Tigerdrake chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I really like this. It shows a very realistic view of how I think John would have handled the situation (without making him seem overly harsh or cruel), and yet at the same time provides such an imagery of a how young Sam is, and the horrifying idea of children with guns, that the reader knows, despite his best intentions, John’s actions are completely unforgivable. Ultimately only Dean can truly protect and knows what's best for his little brother.
brody113 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006